Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Embellishments - New guitar vid by OverSword

OverSword

Digging the vibe!   :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:tu:

.....now where's that Old Bull Pine @third_eye to add his 2 cents? :whistle:

• Haha 4

I'm definitely going to have to record an updated version of this some time. I've been playing around with this and have really refined and cleaned up the chords and transitions.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

I'm definitely going to have to record an updated version of this some time. I've been playing around with this and have really refined and cleaned up the chords and transitions.

Looking forward to it.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2018 at 1:05 AM, Piney said:

:tu:

.....now where's that Old Bull Pine @third_eye to add his 2 cents? :whistle:

I ain't tossin' no more pennies ...

~ :lol:

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

Damn. I have really built and improved on this and I play it great as long as I don’t record it 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

Damn. I have really built and improved on this and I play it great as long as I don’t record it 

Oh, come on, you're too old to be nervous. Relax. And record it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Oh, come on, you're too old to be nervous. Relax. And record it. 

OLD???? Okay I’ll give you that :D

I actually recorded an okay version right after I posted but I’m playing through an amp I don’t like and it wasn’t loud enough so you can really hear the sound of the pick on the strings about as much as the sound you should hear so probably won’t upload it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

OLD???? Okay I’ll give you that :D

I actually recorded an okay version right after I posted but I’m playing through an amp I don’t like and it wasn’t loud enough so you can really hear the sound of the pick on the strings about as much as the sound you should hear so probably won’t upload it.

Age is nothing but a number....I have to admit, I was hoping to hear the updated version.  :)  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Age is nothing but a number....I have to admit, I was hoping to hear the updated version.  :)  

Soon. 

• Like 2

You remind me of an old buddy from years back that was one HELL of a Blues Guitarist.  He never thought his skill was anything special and he couldn't understand how some people DREAM of having the ability to create a feedback loop of sound and imagination.  That's as close as I can get to describing what I think playing would be like.  Awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, and then said:

You remind me of an old buddy from years back that was one HELL of a Blues Guitarist.  He never thought his skill was anything special and he couldn't understand how some people DREAM of having the ability to create a feedback loop of sound and imagination.  That's as close as I can get to describing what I think playing would be like.  Awesome!

The thing about playing guitar is it’s the most played instrument in the world and with the exception of true virtuosos you’re always seeing players that are better than you in some respect.  So guys like me or your friend tend not to be very impressed with ourselves. I was in a really good metal band for years and almost every time we played one of the other bands had a guitarist better than me or a drummer or bassist or singer better. But we practiced and gigged a lot and usually these other bands had one good player with a huge ego surrounded by players he could dominate rather than a team like we had so our band was usually way better.

• Like 5

So...screw it. Tomorrow morning I’ll upload the version that I said above wasn’t good enough. It ain’t perfect but it’ll do.  Haven’t decided on a name yet. Maybe Groovy Beautiful or something spacey like that 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Won't upload for some reason.  Maybe it's a sign?

Yeah, it's a sign that you're too much of a perfectionist. 

On the other hand, maybe it is a sign. Why don't you try recording it one more time? Just to see if this was a sign or not.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yeah, it's a sign that you're too much of a perfectionist. 

On the other hand, maybe it is a sign. Why don't you try recording it one more time? Just to see if this was a sign or not.  

I am NOT a perfectionist.  Have you seen any of my videos? 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I am NOT a perfectionist.  Have you seen any of my videos? 

Oh yes you are, and yes we have seen AND heard ... :yes:

~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks, but honestly every video on my YouTube channel is slop. I feel like it’s all forced. To really hear me play you would have to sit here next to me on a Friday or Saturday for a few hours and at some point over that time there would be 15 minutes where the fine hairs on your body would stand straight up and tingle. I don’t have enough memory on my phone to capture it :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Thanks, but honestly every video on my YouTube channel is slop. I feel like it’s all forced. To really hear me play you would have to sit here next to me on a Friday or Saturday for a few hours and at some point over that time there would be 15 minutes where the fine hairs on your body would stand straight up and tingle. I don’t have enough memory on my phone to capture it :lol:

Getting in the zone or moving in the groove, I am not that unfamiliar with the feeling ... you know as well as I do that all you gotta do is to forget there is recording going on, and don't keep yourself so focused on making mistakes ... the more you focused on that the more you leave yourself to other mistakes ...

:yes:

~

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Getting in the zone or moving in the groove, I am not that unfamiliar with the feeling ... you know as well as I do that all you gotta do is to forget there is recording going on, and don't keep yourself so focused on making mistakes ... the more you focused on that the more you leave yourself to other mistakes ...

:yes:

~

It’s more than that. In any given recording there is a few minutes to do something specific but while sitting here jamming aimlessly for hours there are moments of true originality and inspiration 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love things like this since i play myself and know how dedicated you have to be :-) 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

Love things like this since i play myself and know how dedicated you have to be :-) 

Right on! Play guitar?  I see the Joy Division art in your avatar we are probably similar age and influence 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Right on! Play guitar?  I see the Joy Division art in your avatar we are probably similar age and influence 

I play guitar yes im pretty mediocre at it but can still play some songs fairly good. :-)

• Like 1

Nice, I got the same blue tele 

• Like 1