Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird NJ Experiences?

Samhain

I live in New Jersey, and usually over the times while I’m free, I go with some people to the spots mentioned in the Weird New Jersey books. I still haven’t camped in the Pine Barrens yet where the New Jersey devil is, but I really want to. I’ve heard all the experiences that people have had with the Weird NJ things through the actual books.

If you guys have any experiences, I’d love to hear them! 

Edited by Nightsoul
  • Like 1

God's! My grandfather is in that book......"Indian Curse Road" is the chapter title. 

The Jersey Devil started out as a parody written by Ben Franklin with a shot to the nuts at Daniel Leeds. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I am not from NJ but I really hope you will share some of your real life explorations of locations there, pretty please? I love learning the history and enjoy what real people see or observe at these supposedly haunted places.

• Like 3

Series 1, Episode 5 of the X-files tells it how it is:clap:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am not from NJ but I really hope you will share some of your real life explorations of locations there, pretty please? I love learning the history and enjoy what real people see or observe at these supposedly haunted places.

I surely will. I most likely won’t have any scary experiences (but you never know) but I’ll share any pictures I take. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nightsoul said:

I surely will. I most likely won’t have any scary experiences (but you never know) but I’ll share any pictures I take. 

If you need a recommended campground or canoe rental I'll hook you up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

If you need a recommended campground or canoe rental I'll hook you up. 

LOL my brother, I can imagine you setting out some JD tracks in the ground too :D 

j/k I cannot see you cheating, but having fun, yes LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I live in NJ . Have you ever been to Clinton Road? My son and his friends occasionally drive up there and have experinced some creepy things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Love Buzz said:

I live in NJ . Have you ever been to Clinton Road? My son and his friends occasionally drive up there and have experinced some creepy things.

:lol: The ghost boy!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Love Buzz said:

I heard about that! LOL

I haven't :( tell us the stories!

pwease, pwetty pwease? What is Clinton Road? @Piney ? or Love Buzz?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Love Buzz said:

I haven’t, but I really want to one day! Especially at night. It comes up as the haunted road in America.

Just now, Not A Rockstar said:

thanks Griss :) I was hoping to hear their own experiences there but, I guess they aren't in story telling mode :( 

Since no one had replied (and I was curious about it as well) I thought I'd give you a link to what I found.  I'd also love to hear their experiences.

• Like 2

It is interesting when you find a location like this road which has no history, just has become "haunted" by local stories and claims. Only the body dumped there has happened, from all I have read. 

I cannot remember the name now but there is this other road which I had a friend go to check out and he came back with piles of pictures seeming to show shadow people everywhere out there, which he swore he also saw in person all over the place. I have no reason to doubt him, but he was just an internet friend, not someone I had met in person, so I am not sure about his pics nor his claims.

I would have to be there to assess or sense what was really going on. A woods full of them like the pics showed is really strange imo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

thanks Griss :) I was hoping to hear their own experiences there but, I guess they aren't in story telling mode :( 

I only know what the Howell and Brick kids surfing at LBI told me. They would go up looking for a ghost child. I never went. I was seeing enough woo running around with grandpop.

I will post about "Indian Curse Road" ( Rt. 55) and what actually happened. It's just a long story.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Weird experiences in New Jersey? It's New Jersey that's everyday of the week!

haha j/k half my family (Italian side obviously) is up there. Traffic works a bit differently up there (no right on red sucks) but it's nice. My aunt has a small bit of land and it's amazing. Completely different terrain than FL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

[snip]

I will post about "Indian Curse Road" ( Rt. 55) and what actually happened. It's just a long story.

Would love to hear about that Piney.

• Like 2

Indian Curse Road- The backstory

The former curator of the Cumberland County Prehistory Museum had mapped out every major Indian site in Salem, Gloucester, and Cumberland Counties in New Jersey. He and my grandfather had noticed on a map of the proposed Rt.55 was going to pass right though a major village site. My grandfather went to feel out the site, which was located on a horse farm and found a Ossuary Mound. 

• Like 4

Sorry... busy work schedule :(.... So, a boy who died hangs out under the bridge. If you throw coins into the water , he throws them back. My son and his friends went one night and tried it. When they threw the coins in the water, they heard two pings that hit the car. They were freaked out and left. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Piney said:

Indian Curse Road- The backstory

The former curator of the Cumberland County Prehistory Museum had mapped out every major Indian site in Salem, Gloucester, and Cumberland Counties in New Jersey. He and my grandfather had noticed on a map of the proposed Rt.55 was going to pass right though a major village site. My grandfather went to feel out the site, which was located on a horse farm and found a Ossuary Mound. 

:( did they give it a chance to save anything or just plow right on through?

15 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

:( did they give it a chance to save anything or just plow right on through?

Well, they went right over it and dumped the bones in another place. The state archaeologist at the time denied everything so my grandfather went to the site and warned the workers. One guy made fun of him with the hand over the mouth and "war dance" routine. He was the one flattened with the steamroller but I don't think it was anything from the mound. We make our red ocher with ironstone so everything is bound to the ossuary. I think one of his djabs was feeling frisky because they were never "bound in thrall" just kept in "warmth". The guy who kept some "souvenirs" was the one who was wracked with cancer so I'm thinking it was a "Kiiwaasaa" ( Ossuary-Charnel House) Guardian. I was only about 10 years old so I don't remember much and wasn't with him when he was hopping through red tape. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, they went right over it and dumped the bones in another place. The state archaeologist at the time denied everything so my grandfather went to the site and warned the workers. One guy made fun of him with the hand over the mouth and "war dance" routine. He was the one flattened with the steamroller but I don't think it was anything from the mound. We make our red ocher with ironstone so everything is bound to the ossuary. I think one of his djabs was feeling frisky because they were never "bound in thrall" just kept in "warmth". The guy who kept some "souvenirs" was the one who was wracked with cancer so I'm thinking it was a "Kiiwaasaa" ( Ossuary-Charnel House) Guardian. I was only about 10 years old so I don't remember much and wasn't with him when he was hopping through red tape. 

I do not keep any of my "invisible friends" in thrall either and sometimes, stuff happens. What a shame there was so little respect shown for the dead. It takes so very little to never have issues with them :( 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I do not keep any of my "invisible friends" in thrall either and sometimes, stuff happens. What a shame there was so little respect shown for the dead. It takes so very little to never have issues with them :( 

It's all over the U.S. Nobody really cares about Indian sites except to loot them. That's why my ancestral farm in Mickleton is preserved. My grandmother and uncle didn't want to see a major village-trade site destroyed and the random graves looted.

• Like 3