Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird NJ Experiences?

Samhain

These days it is more hip to insult and ridicule than it is to allow room for respect in others for traditions or things they value. I see it in society and sadly, we all see it out there in the disrespect of sites, like Poverty Point around here, which I only recently realized had half of it bull dozed in the past because of politics and land grabs.

What can you even say in the face of such things? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't live far from this road (or Clinton Rd really) I never went there personally but my brother did. He swears the guys he was with thought they hit something on the road, but they couldn't find anything. He said it made a loud bang and shook the car. It was dark. 

http://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/

• Like 3

Here's some stuff from Clinton Rd Rockstar. It mentions the iceman. That's the legend of Clinton Rd that I'm familiar with.

http://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/

It's thought the iceman used the road as a dumping ground a few times. There could be more bodies there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Weirdest thing about New Jersey is that you can’t pump your own gas. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

But I like giving my little Sikh buddy Jazi 2 bucks at every fill. :tu:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

No!!! I love not having to get out of my car. Especially in the cold! :)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I e-mailed WNJ some Clinton Rd stories because at the time their publication didn't say a peep about it. They replyed back thanking me, and that they heard from others. I was hoping they would publish mine, but to no avail. Then they came out with an exclusively Clinton Rd issue, and to my surprise I was in it. Since they used my first, and last name I will not divulge what I wrote.

The road is not as creepy since a house was built towards the middle of the dark stretch a couple of years ago. The Hellhounds are just people's dogs that are left to roam from adjecent Paradise rd. There used to be West Milford rednecks with the trucks lifted mile high in the sky that would try, and scare people by tailgating then turning their lights off to disappear. It's good to tell stories to a C Rd virgin then bring them there.

One time me, and a friend stood in the woods at night with Halloween masks. A car full of teens stopped, looked then took off. We decided to leave then down the road the same car was pulled over with a flat tire. We helped them. Then as the driver shook our hands as we were leaving he recognized our shirts from before which a horrified look came over his face. LOL!

There's a ghost town (just a row of cellar holes) called Uttertown. I thought it was about milking cows, but it's an old family name of Utter. I found a Barber dime with three Indian head pennies there. The iron forge is cool to look at. I wonder where the CCW camp was that built the reservoir? 

Bring a friend, and an active imagination to Clinton rd. Maybe you'll see the ghost of George with the self inflicted shotgun wound to his head? I seen his truck with the brain matter run down the back windshield at Specht''s junkyard, but not his ghost. At least yet?

clinton-road-nj.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 5:03 PM, Nightsoul said:

I live in New Jersey, and usually over the times while I’m free, I go with some people to the spots mentioned in the Weird New Jersey books. I still haven’t camped in the Pine Barrens yet where the New Jersey devil is, but I really want to. I’ve heard all the experiences that people have had with the Weird NJ things through the actual books.

If you guys have any experiences, I’d love to hear them! 

I've went to majority of the places in weird NJ and had absolutely no experiences. I even brought a Ouija Board and tried to do recording; nothing. Either Weird NJ is filled with a bunch of lies, or maybe I was just extremely unlucky.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trenix said:

I've went to majority of the places in weird NJ and had absolutely no experiences. I even brought a Ouija Board and tried to do recording; nothing. Either Weird NJ is filled with a bunch of lies, or maybe I was just extremely unlucky.

Yeah, a lot of people say that nothing happens, some say stuff happens.

Nothing has ever happened to me *yet* because I haven’t gone to every area. But to somebody in my family it did. My dad’s uncle’s went to the Pine Barrens and they were in the car. Suddenly the sky got dark, and it got windy they said. Then they saw something dark crawl up a tree. They thought it was the New Jersey Devil, so they started saying Hail Mary’s and prayers. The sky cleared up and the “thing” - whatever it was - went away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Nightsoul said:

Yeah, a lot of people say that nothing happens, some say stuff happens.

Nothing has ever happened to me *yet* because I haven’t gone to every area. But to somebody in my family it did. My dad’s uncle’s went to the Pine Barrens and they were in the car. Suddenly the sky got dark, and it got windy they said. Then they saw something dark crawl up a tree. They thought it was the New Jersey Devil, so they started saying Hail Mary’s and prayers. The sky cleared up and the “thing” - whatever it was - went away. 

Flying squirrels are indigenous in New Jersey. They're nocturnal animals and often glide around and climb up trees continuously. That alone debunks thousands of Jersey Devil experiences. Being in the pine barrens, it's bound to get dark when a few clouds pass by and also New Jersey is next to the coast, so it can get pretty windy around here.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:45 AM, Not A Rockstar said:

On 6/10/2018 at 6:56 AM, Piney said:

Guess what? In the past few months I haven’t been active I visited a few Weird NJ locations. One of them is the Essex County Isolation hospital in Belleville NJ. It might not be in the book Weird NJ, but it is abandoned. It was built in 1905 and was for kids with bad diseases, however shortly after that it turned into an asylum for mentally insane people... just to know that such terrible things probably happened within those walls is interesting. I went inside, however now it’s under renovation. Luckily they’re not knocking it down (something they did to Overbrook Asylum AND Greystone Park Asylum - which I’m still very upset about), but they are making the hospital into something else. 

I also went to The Gates of Hell... I didn’t have any paranormal or any experiences at all besides the whole thing being eerie and trying to avoid the cops. However on Reddit I read this experience: 

which is kind of creepy, and makes me want to go back at night with a group of people. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

You should check out the Mount Holly prison museum. Definitely a creepy feel. I personally never had any experiences (really wish I had) but many people have. It's been on some paranormal TV shows as well

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

On 6/7/2018 at 5:03 PM, Samhain said:

I live in New Jersey, and usually over the times while I’m free, I go with some people to the spots mentioned in the Weird New Jersey books. I still haven’t camped in the Pine Barrens yet where the New Jersey devil is, but I really want to. I’ve heard all the experiences that people have had with the Weird NJ things through the actual books.

Hi, I don't know how to post photos in a thread yet (how to downsize them). I'll leave a link from post image dot com of a photo I took in 2002. This is a digital photo of a 35mm film print photo. It wasn't a person and it wasn't a bear. It's in the river looking at me. I took the photo and back paddled up around the bend. When I came back it was gone. Can you see it? https://postimg.cc/qNBPSHdW

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 7:03 AM, Samhain said:

I live in New Jersey, and usually over the times while I’m free

Wait, they allow residents of NJ freedom now? I'm calling my congresswoman!  This must not be allowed to stand!  Just to clarify, they don't actually allow you to actually "leave" NJ, do they?  I don't want to over-react prematurely...

I go with some people to the spots mentioned in the Weird New Jersey books.

Woah!  They're letting NJers have books?  What have the l*btards done now?

I still haven’t camped in the Pine Barrens yet where the New Jersey devil is, but I really want to.

The Devil family of NJ will welcome you with open claws.  New DNA will help the bloodline immensely.

I’ve heard all the experiences that people have had with the Weird NJ things through the actual books.

Isn't the "Weird NJ Things" a football team? While I'm not a huge college football fan I'm pretty sure they play my local team, the Arkham Tree Squids, nearly every year.  Yeah, I have last year's fixture here... Yep, Weird New Jersey Things vs Arkham Tree Squids, played last on Sunday October 13th 2019.  Close game, it says NJ won 28-23.  "Go Things" apparently.

My GF had a friend who got off a bus in Newark and was eaten by zombies.  Apparently they thaw out in late September and are especially hungry after hibernation.  Closed casket funeral, but the family dachsund got into it and stole a femur and was chased all over the funeral home before it was cornered under the display caskets.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, camino said:

Hi, I don't know how to post photos in a thread yet (how to downsize them). I'll leave a link from post image dot com of a photo I took in 2002. This is a digital photo of a 35mm film print photo. It wasn't a person and it wasn't a bear. It's in the river looking at me. I took the photo and back paddled up around the bend. When I came back it was gone. Can you see it? https://postimg.cc/qNBPSHdW

HEY!!! CAN'T A GUY TAKE A BATH IN PEACE???? :o

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:25 PM, camino said:

Honestly, if you still have the negative, have it put on a CD.

Here's a online resizer. 

https://resizeimage.net/

• Like 2

I use to live in New Jersey, from 1995 to 2004. Lived on an AF base in Wrightstown. One of the major things, is a hospital that use to be on the base, called Walson Hospital. There is or was a thread on this some time back. Anyways, I not only have had strange feelings, when I was in the hospital, (when it was opened) but there was one time I drove by it, at night,(when it had closed down) and felt strange and noticed all the floors, except for the 4th and the 5th I think, where all lit up with the curtains or shades opened. 

I also saw, what I think was the ghost of a sixteen year old on one of the streets of Fort Dix. 

The house, in fact, the housing area on the AF base, (Maguire) I have had some freaky experiences, including my own. (Interesting, the row of houses, where our's were, have all been torn down.) 

I have driven through some part of the Barrens at night, and boy does it feel creepy. 

• Like 2

What you invoke you will receive.
When people want to give birth to a child, they do not make a request to heaven to send a certain child with a set of qualities, but simply wait for a child to be born. In this case, there was a strong emotional appeal for a devil creature to be born and a bad creature to respond quickly to the call.

In Russia there is a monument to such a creature only it was made without wings and instead of hooves clawed paws. This is one of the creatures of hell controlled by rational creatures, it is used by them in the wars of demons as a horse. Incredible bloodthirstiness, their militancy and fearlessness are necessary conditions for victorious wars in this layer. After prolonged incarnations in the bodies of allosaurs, tyrannosaurs and pterodactyls, some - their most predatory species - embarked on a path of further development in the layers of hell. Over the past millions of years, they have reached the stage of rationality, but this intelligence is still very far from the sophisticated intellectualism of demons.

Spoiler

4d905216f2db0.jpg

bJNEnevlM0JeKDsIOZvYuMX-6H62yqRxrGm28EzS

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:56 AM, Coil said:

What you invoke you will receive.
When people want to give birth to a child, they do not make a request to heaven to send a certain child with a set of qualities, but simply wait for a child to be born. In this case, there was a strong emotional appeal for a devil creature to be born and a bad creature to respond quickly to the call.

In Russia there is a monument to such a creature only it was made without wings and instead of hooves clawed paws. This is one of the creatures of hell controlled by rational creatures, it is used by them in the wars of demons as a horse. Incredible bloodthirstiness, their militancy and fearlessness are necessary conditions for victorious wars in this layer. After prolonged incarnations in the bodies of allosaurs, tyrannosaurs and pterodactyls, some - their most predatory species - embarked on a path of further development in the layers of hell. Over the past millions of years, they have reached the stage of rationality, but this intelligence is still very far from the sophisticated intellectualism of demons.

Reveal hidden contents

4d905216f2db0.jpg

bJNEnevlM0JeKDsIOZvYuMX-6H62yqRxrGm28EzS

Hi Coil

pics or it never happened. :D

so dinosaurs went to hell, well that's a new take on absurdity.:lol:

jmccr8