Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Nightsoul

Weird NJ Experiences?

32 posts in this topic

Not A Rockstar

These days it is more hip to insult and ridicule than it is to allow room for respect in others for traditions or things they value. I see it in society and sadly, we all see it out there in the disrespect of sites, like Poverty Point around here, which I only recently realized had half of it bull dozed in the past because of politics and land grabs.

What can you even say in the face of such things? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

susieice

I don't live far from this road (or Clinton Rd really) I never went there personally but my brother did. He swears the guys he was with thought they hit something on the road, but they couldn't find anything. He said it made a loud bang and shook the car. It was dark. 

http://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/

• Like 2

susieice

Here's some stuff from Clinton Rd Rockstar. It mentions the iceman. That's the legend of Clinton Rd that I'm familiar with.

http://weirdnj.com/stories/shades-of-death-road/

It's thought the iceman used the road as a dumping ground a few times. There could be more bodies there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SecretSanta

Weirdest thing about New Jersey is that you can’t pump your own gas. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Piney
52 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

But I like giving my little Sikh buddy Jazi 2 bucks at every fill. :tu:

• Like 2

Love Buzz
2 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

No!!! I love not having to get out of my car. Especially in the cold! :)

• Like 4

davros of skaro

I e-mailed WNJ some Clinton Rd stories because at the time their publication didn't say a peep about it. They replyed back thanking me, and that they heard from others. I was hoping they would publish mine, but to no avail. Then they came out with an exclusively Clinton Rd issue, and to my surprise I was in it. Since they used my first, and last name I will not divulge what I wrote.

The road is not as creepy since a house was built towards the middle of the dark stretch a couple of years ago. The Hellhounds are just people's dogs that are left to roam from adjecent Paradise rd. There used to be West Milford rednecks with the trucks lifted mile high in the sky that would try, and scare people by tailgating then turning their lights off to disappear. It's good to tell stories to a C Rd virgin then bring them there.

One time me, and a friend stood in the woods at night with Halloween masks. A car full of teens stopped, looked then took off. We decided to leave then down the road the same car was pulled over with a flat tire. We helped them. Then as the driver shook our hands as we were leaving he recognized our shirts from before which a horrified look came over his face. LOL!

There's a ghost town (just a row of cellar holes) called Uttertown. I thought it was about milking cows, but it's an old family name of Utter. I found a Barber dime with three Indian head pennies there. The iron forge is cool to look at. I wonder where the CCW camp was that built the reservoir? 

Bring a friend, and an active imagination to Clinton rd. Maybe you'll see the ghost of George with the self inflicted shotgun wound to his head? I seen his truck with the brain matter run down the back windshield at Specht''s junkyard, but not his ghost. At least yet?

clinton-road-nj.jpg

• Like 7