Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained Occurrences and Now Footprints!

KDon21

Hi All,

It’s my first time posting and I’m looking for some different opinions and what people may think of my situation.  Let me first say that I do believe in many different aspects of the paranormal and am quite fascinated by it – but I do try and logically explain away whatever I can!  With that being said, something happened this past weekend that I’m having a hard time explaining and that-coupled with some other unexplained occurrences have me thinking my house is quite haunted. Most of the stuff is textbook. 

First, we back on to a cemetery.  There’s a 2 lane (one in each direction) road between us and the cemetery but its there nonetheless. Since we moved in two years ago, we’ve noticed a number of things.  The door to the (finished – not creepy) basement opens every now and then – but not just popping open due to a bad seal or something, the knob actually turns.  I’m determined to get this on video so hopefully will have that soon!  We hear footsteps when there’s no reason to – mainly outside our bedroom at night.  We will sometimes be sitting in the living room and hear steps coming doing the stairs to which my dog reacts and seems like he’s watching something as it comes down each stair.  I thought I had seen something run across the floor and up the stairs one day and would have thought I was crazy but for my dog also chasing it up the stairs and then looking around very confused when it was gone.  I could continue with a multitude of examples but I think you get the point!

Most recently we went away for the weekend.  I’m a clean freak and when I leave the house for any amount of time I make sure it’s spotless (I like coming home to a clean house – sue me!).  When we returned 2 days later there were a distinct set of footprints visible on the carpet.  I can guarantee you that they were not there when we left the house. The first two photos are what we walked in to find.  I tried to explain everything as logically and the best that I could but here’s the facts:

·         There are no other footprints leading to/from these.  Just these.

·         The inside of the footprint is not dirty, but it seems to be outlined with dirtiness which is strange.

·         No one fell through my roof to make the single set of footprints – I think I would have noticed.

·         Too big for my feet and too small for my Husband’s, they also seem to be a little misshapen.

·         They are looking into my dog’s room from the bathroom area (the spare bedroom his crate is in).

·         The only person with an extra key to my house is my mother in-law who lives 1700 KM away and was not visiting.

·         We do have a key hidden somewhere but only the two of us know were and we tend to move it if we ever tell anyone where it is for whatever reason.

·         I cleaned the carpet with a carpet cleaner (little green machine) and the footprints did not fully go away.  I did learn how dirty my carpet was so no judgement!  But this is third picture.

·         My dog was with us while we were away.

·         There was no hint of them when I vacuumed the same carpet 2 days earlier.

So with all that being said I’m very interested in any thoughts/comments you may have!

IMG_1616.JPG.98024463b0e7bcda1d3de3d42b65a82b.JPGIMG_1615.JPG.452b9ee5896ec2d7356e9dcb5f141daa.JPGIMG_1619.JPG.cecfb705266ce3046a37f4e5b9349a14.JPG

These are similar to the footprints and handprints that would appear at Batsto Mansion. A outline instead of a actual print and at random spots (no trail). 

Any teenagers in your house?  

• Like 1

Piney - Nope, just my husband, my dog and myself at our place.

Edited by KDon21

14 minutes ago, KDon21 said:

Piney - Nope, just my husband, my dog and myself at our place.

OK, That eliminates PK activity.   You might have a "Earthbound" spirit. Don't encourage it or try to communicate with it. It will probably lie to you. The one at Batsto was impersonating a child. But it wasn't one. Just ignore it. But watch for a increase or decrease in activity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDon21 said:

So with all that being said I’m very interested in any thoughts/comments you may have!

It all seems to add up as you said to textbook activity experienced thousands of times before by others. You seem well-grounded and sensible too.

You could get paranormal investigators involved to possibly give you more input on the activity. Or you can try spiritual banishing techniques that you can read about online. Or you can just accept it.

The first question is; can you be comfortable with the way things are?

• Like 1

I have no issues with graveyards, but, it is true I have had to take more care in keeping my space clear when I have lived near one. I get roughly double the efforts from spirits to try to contact me when I am living close to one, is basically the issue. I have never encouraged unsolicited contact, so yeah, I notice it. 

This becomes an issue for you only if you entertain it, usually. If you do not, you can keep it as simple as saying out loud "Get out of my house and stay out. Leave us alone." if you hear something, and it will go, after a repeat warning a time or two at most. It is just a sort of trespassing most people don't notice so they do it. If you do and don't like it tell them so and be firm and make no exceptions. It will stop before it gets to escalating.

If, however, you or your husband do find it interesting, this is a sort of wasted effort. Learn to live with it and make firm rules. I'd be cleaning that rug up and ranting that they are not allowed to track dirt or leave marks again :). That would probably get me off my writing long enough to seal the house and toss the lot of them out. I have no sense of humor for this stuff. Generally, this is known about me I guess after 59 years LOL. I do not deal with things that go bump in the nights or tracks on my floor. That I am a Sensitive (or wack job) is no reason for my kid and wife to have to deal with them traipsing around hoping to talk to someone about a message to Aunt Jane. I do not like that energy around my family. If I see it, it is going, right then and right there. I do not like it inside my home, period.

Your choice how you both view it. If one of you is curious then it will always "leak" if you seal things and cleanse the space. Waste of time. The alternative is living with it, and there are varying degrees of doing that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

The first question is; can you be comfortable with the way things are?

22 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Your choice how you both view it. If one of you is curious then it will always "leak" if you seal things and cleanse the space. Waste of time. The alternative is living with it, and there are varying degrees of doing that. 

Thank you for these thoughts and insights.  We have been living with it for 2 years and it's been fine, doors opening and closing, footsteps and all that were easier to deal with.  I guess because of the new nature of this last occurrence it had me questioning whether it was something different than whatever was causing the previous events to occur. It sounds like (so far) consensus is not and that it's still the harmless ~thing~ that it always have been - maybe just learned a new trick! 

I think sealing the space would likely be - as you said - useless as I'm always intrigued when things go bump in the night. I'm just happy to share my experience with a group of like-minded people who will appreciate the  occurrences as much as I do.  As a note, while I was attempting to clean the carpet I was making a lot of noise about not leaving dirty footprints around!  So while these seem to be staying hopefully no more show up!  I wanted to redo the carpet anyway so maybe it was telling me it was time.

papageorge1 I've always wanted to get someone in but don't want to pay someone who will is not going to provide reputable service. Looking at your location - I'm right across the river.  Know any in your area? 

Not a Rockstar - what did you mean by varying degrees? 

7 hours ago, KDon21 said:

I’m a clean freak..

If you mean like an abnormal Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that's what could be fuelling the paranormal phenomena in your house.

My late Auntie Jean had it and she was a complete neurotic mess.

3 hours ago, KDon21 said:

papageorge1 I've always wanted to get someone in but don't want to pay someone who will is not going to provide reputable service. Looking at your location - I'm right across the river.  Know any in your area? 

No, I don't know of any service here. My house is not haunted but I did have a paranormal incident that I made sense of on my own.

I used to like crossing the river for some sightseeing and restaurants. The Canadian boarder guards and people are always nice. My problem was returning to the US where the US boarder guards are too tense it seems. I actually got detained for awhile, put in a room and was asked and re-asked the same questions by different people until they said I was free to leave. How kind of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KDon21 said:

papageorge1 I've always wanted to get someone in but don't want to pay someone who will is not going to provide reputable service. Looking at your location - I'm right across the river.  Know any in your area? 

A reputable cleanser would never charge you a cent.

Do you have any faith or belief ( church)?

51 minutes ago, Piney said:

I have heard it is common to ask for a donation toward gas if they have to come a fair way. Don't know personally as I always did my own work.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 6:52 PM, Piney said:

On 6/8/2018 at 7:43 PM, Not A Rockstar said:

I have heard it is common to ask for a donation toward gas if they have to come a fair way. Don't know personally as I always did my own work.

I'm sot sure if cleansing is the right way to go for us - as Not a Rockstar noted, I'm not opposed to whatever it is being around and from what I understand that would make any attempt to rid the house of it less effective, correct? I feel like lately it knows I'm looking for more evidence as all has been quiet this past weekend! 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 4:40 PM, Old Ugh said:

If you mean like an abnormal Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that's what could be fuelling the paranormal phenomena in your house.

My late Auntie Jean had it and she was a complete neurotic mess.

Maybe leaning a little that way for sure! I like things the way I like them! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

We were told our house was haunted before we even moved in.  We have seen stuff and heard stuff on a regular basis.  The footprints are a little eerie...that might give me pause for sure.  But I've always thought cemeteries were peaceful places.  I take walks through one almost every day, and I work on the site of a Native American temple/burial mound.  I guess I am drawn to these places!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  It's has everything to do with our reaction to things, but if this is something you can deal with, I think you'll be just fine!

Yeah I love cemeteries, too. I have posted about them around here somewhere even. But, yeah, when I live near one I do get a lot more traffic and keep an eye on that. The days when this was exciting are long past for me :). 

5 hours ago, Goddess of the Mist said:

We were told our house was haunted before we even moved in.  We have seen stuff and heard stuff on a regular basis.  The footprints are a little eerie...that might give me pause for sure.  But I've always thought cemeteries were peaceful places.  I take walks through one almost every day, and I work on the site of a Native American temple/burial mound.  I guess I am drawn to these places!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  It's has everything to do with our reaction to things, but if this is something you can deal with, I think you'll be just fine!

2 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Yeah I love cemeteries, too. I have posted about them around here somewhere even. But, yeah, when I live near one I do get a lot more traffic and keep an eye on that. The days when this was exciting are long past for me :). 

Thanks everyone, in all honesty it is a beautiful cemetery!  I'm also just using that as the most logical explanation for something to be hanging around but who knows, it could be connected to a number of things!  

• Like 1