Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Unusual Tournament

34 minutes ago, internetperson said:

No. Kind of long story but I basically stopped taking anything the docs recommend. Short version is when trying different meds out for the headaches (also epilepsy) I've had crazy side effects and the docs just kinda shrug the shoulders and throw different pills at me. I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet but one of the meds had me picking fights. The docs aren't liable for anything so if I went to jail it'd be no skin off their back. I can't trust them. Also mildly annoys me they willy nilly throw pills around they never have to take. I do take depekote for the epilepsy and it seems to work ok, no real side effects. For the headaches around last year I tried micro dosing psylocibin (well known treatment amongst CH folks) and my god it changed my life. I was more or less paralyzed w/ headaches for months at a time, year after year since I was 16 with the headaches. 1 micro dosing treatment from that and I STILL haven't had an inkling of a headache. Truly changed my life. It's beyond winning the lottery I don't think I can describe what it's like to folks who haven't had cluster headaches. I suppose it's kinda like if you were paralyzed from the waist down then suddenly one day you can run like usain bolt.

I will say the one time I had a kinda cool side effect is when they had me on lyrica, it gave me lucid dreams every night. 

I was on depicote (sp?) For seizures too, not epileptic though, I had to switch to kepra, and eventually didn't need meds anymore, I also seen doctors overdose my friend on kepra because it wasn't working, and he ended up going crazy a few days... I told them they weren't epileptic seizures, he had some kind of bacteria or something in his cerebral fluid and needed a spinal tap, he lived on a farm and everyone that went in contact with this barn had the same symptoms, so I figured it was environmental took them 3 months to send him to a neurologist and fix it. Was crazy.... 

I have 0 knowledge on headaches, I remember about 3 or 4 times waking up in the middle of the night with the worst headache pain, I would scream for like 5minutes, worst pain ive ever had, only lasted a few minutes and went back to bed, guess I grew out of those headaches.

Lyrica, they gave you that for fibermialga?(sp?) I know that's it's main reason but it's relatively new and it's worked for other reasons aswell. But side effect of one person I know, he would randomly pass out, any time of the day, didn't matter what he was doing, kind of weird. 

My dreaming drug is remron, 30mg at night but I only take it when I want to sleep, and it's not guaranteed to have a "lucid" dream but it's the only way they do happen these days. 

Glad you got them damn headaches fixed. And helped me learn stuff about them, I've never been able to give advice on headaches, very frustrating. Lol

1 hour ago, -Nuke- said:

Lyrica, they gave you that for fibermialga?(sp?)

I think for the epilepsy and headaches, I don't have fibromialga. That being said I went to see a mayo clinic doctor and he said I should've never taken that.

Regarding the headaches yeah just google 'cluster headaches psylocibin.' I think folks are looking into it for treating depression and other things as well.

1 hour ago, -Nuke- said:

I have 0 knowledge on headaches, I remember about 3 or 4 times waking up in the middle of the night with the worst headache pain, I would scream for like 5minutes, worst pain ive ever had, only lasted a few minutes and went back to bed, guess I grew out of those headaches.

Yeah cluster headaches will have you screaming like a psycho, they have a nickname suicide headaches for a reason. Lasts anywhere from 45min to 2hrs. Women say it's worse than childbirth. Kinda feels like an ice cream headache but much worse and always on one side of the head, right behind the eye. It's supposedly the worst pain known to man. I dunno about that but I mean if it's anywhere in that ranking then that should speak volumes. 

• Thanks 1