Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

binding spell backlash?

birdlove

I'm a single woman in a new neighborhood and want to keep to myself. Neighbor kicks off at 4am. I think he's bought a mate home from the pub as I can hear two distinct voices muttering. I become very anxious as I have a big day ahead and need my sleep, but no, he's settled in to whatever...I rarely take drugs, but had taken a temazepam this night and it wants to work. I'm friggin irate now at my neighbor for being inconsiderate. I don't want to confront him, so I imagine him gagged and he seems to quieten.

Next thing, laying on my stomach, I get that feeling, like when a cat jumps on your bed. I lay terrified,  as there's no friggin cat here!! Whilst the weight of a cat, in my mind it's the size of a dog. It takes two steps across the bed then lays on top of me. This lasts a few seconds then it's gone. I have since slept with the light on!

I have NEVER EVER had anything like this happen to me before, and I rarely remember dreams. Two days later, I hear that this neighbor has had a mental health episode and been taken away to hospital. He also was not entertaining anyone else that night. In hindsight, it's like this thing that jumped me was saying, "What are you about and why are you throwing out binding spells? And now I'm going to scare the crap out of you and don't do it again."

I really want to put this experience down to a temaz brain fry, but what happened felt so real!!! What do readers think? And if there is something dark attached to my neighbor, how do I protect myself upon his return?

Edited by birdlove
spelling

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Back when I was actively working as a priest in Vodou, I picked my battles carefully for this very reason. If I did not wish to deal with possible blowback, I didn't start it in the first place :).

Far as whatever is attached to your neighbor, if anything, just keep your energy from mingling with his - such as sending spells or intentions as you did.

If this advice does not fit, wait a few hours and others will come on to tell you it is all in your head and you were dreaming :). Pick what strikes you as true and don't worry so much. 

Life is too short to waste on so much worrying and fear.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Back when I was actively working as a priest in Vodou, I picked my battles carefully for this very reason. If I did not wish to deal with possible blowback, I didn't start it in the first place :).

Far as whatever is attached to your neighbor, if anything, just keep your energy from mingling with his - such as sending spells or intentions as you did.

If this advice does not fit, wait a few hours and others will come on to tell you it is all in your head and you were dreaming :). Pick what strikes you as true and don't worry so much. 

Life is too short to waste on so much worrying and fear.

What he said ^ 

I was waiting for you to come in and answer.......

• Haha 1

Thank you for the good advice Piney and Not a Rock Star.

The neighbor is not back from hospital yet and I fear his return. Anyway I can protect myself from his 'attachment' when he gets back?

10 hours ago, birdlove said:

The neighbor is not back from hospital yet and I fear his return. Anyway I can protect myself from his 'attachment' when he gets back?

Why should you feel a fear or even be sure he has an attachment? Why be so afraid? It might well have been one of your own energies warning you to not be binding folks or using such things for your own convenience. Another issue is the drug's presence. SecretSanta is right to bring that up. You were not in your full, clear, mind at the time. 

To me, hearing all of this my larger concern is how afraid you are of things. You might wish to pursue studies in some area which will help you overcome this. Fear leaves us open to anything. That would be my first concern right there. It is not enough to just say "don't fear." Determine why you are afraid and then start educating yourself on what it really is rooted in and how to beat it. If you use this drug to sleep often, consider whether or not you are dependent on it. My father had that prescribed and he had cancer, ok? 

Drugs will HURT you. 

• Thanks 2

Not A Rockstar, you are very perceptive. Anxiety has been a big problem for me all my life. I have had much conventional 'talk' therapy without much success and I'm over it.

I agree with you on the drugs. I don't even drink, but might take a temazepam 4 times a year if I get myself really wound up. I've also probably been watching too many Dead Files episodes. I'm not watching anymore of that stuff!! :)

• Like 1

I'd just do a simple banishment. LBRP works, or something from your own belief system.

And quit feeling guilty for trying to shut him up. 

That's not gonna help. 

In fact, it can get you a first-class ticket to episodes like the one you had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, birdlove said:

Not A Rockstar, you are very perceptive. Anxiety has been a big problem for me all my life. I have had much conventional 'talk' therapy without much success and I'm over it.

I agree with you on the drugs. I don't even drink, but might take a temazepam 4 times a year if I get myself really wound up. I've also probably been watching too many Dead Files episodes. I'm not watching anymore of that stuff!! :)

Well, I will tell you this, and I speak from decades of messing into things and over twenty years in and around Haitian Vodou as an initiated priest so take it with more than a grain of salt. Anxiety and a tendency to fear is a huge weakness when dealing with anything of the spell casting or paranormal variety. Weakness in these things = higher risk of bad experiences and complications. 

Most people do not think of binding someone making a lot of noise in the wee hours, nor do they even think about attachments sometimes being a part of mental psychosis, so it makes me think you have been around some witchy sorts of things to have picked up on ideas from there. Mind you I am the last one to say this is a bad thing. I have done a couple bindings in my time. HOWEVER, the area that is never taught enough and drilled into students is about their rights and how to protect themselves. That whole area of interest is pretty slack with what to do when things go bad, IMO. It does not focus on or even talk about mental toughness. 

Unless you play with it, you have the right to not be bothered by "woo" or things that go bump in the night. You can do the LBRP that ChaosRose suggests in the post above mine (CR is an awesome person and very knowledgeable) if a ritual helps you build belief in the action and intent of clearing your apartment. Or you can simply tell it to get the he** out of your space, leave you alone, leave your family and friends alone and begone. Repeat every time it comes up and in the end it will go, basically as soon as you really mean it and finally get angrier than scared about it. 

This is a RIGHT everyone has, just nobody tells them. It is this simple. If you mean it, really mean it, and are not playing into it, messing with it or secretly interested and not really wanting it to be gone. The moment you really mean it, it will be over with.

That "cat" cannot harm you. The neighbor's attachment or simple mental health pain cannot harm you in the non-physical sense. I only mentioned my credentials so you would know I really do know this stuff I am typing, and maybe under it all you know I actually do care about your worries. I care because I can feel that Spirit cares and reacted to your post. That is why I bothered to reply in the first place. 

If you do wish to talk to someone about things, feel free to write to me. I am pretty good with the shadows in the heart. In closing, let me tell you that you are very deeply loved. I can feel that resonating in my own spirit as I type this. It is going to be alright.

and this is all for me on this topic here. Take care :) 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, birdlove said:

Don't thank me, my Elder Brother gave you all the advice. :tu: 

I am no longer a "worker". Haven't been for years. Haven't read any books either. I get frustrated with Acolytes and let him do all the talking. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Don't thank me, my Elder Brother gave you all the advice. :tu: 

I am no longer a "worker". Haven't been for years. Haven't read any books either. I get frustrated with Acolytes and let him do all the talking. :lol:

blah blah blah. I love you, buddy.

1 minute ago, Not A Rockstar said:

blah blah blah. I love you, buddy.

:lol:

Binding spells! Meh! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Well, I will tell you this, and I speak from decades of messing into things and over twenty years in and around Haitian Vodou as an initiated priest so take it with more than a grain of salt. Anxiety and a tendency to fear is a huge weakness when dealing with anything of the spell casting or paranormal variety. Weakness in these things = higher risk of bad experiences and complications. 

Most people do not think of binding someone making a lot of noise in the wee hours, nor do they even think about attachments sometimes being a part of mental psychosis, so it makes me think you have been around some witchy sorts of things to have picked up on ideas from there. Mind you I am the last one to say this is a bad thing. I have done a couple bindings in my time. HOWEVER, the area that is never taught enough and drilled into students is about their rights and how to protect themselves. That whole area of interest is pretty slack with what to do when things go bad, IMO. It does not focus on or even talk about mental toughness. 

Unless you play with it, you have the right to not be bothered by "woo" or things that go bump in the night. You can do the LBRP that ChaosRose suggests in the post above mine (CR is an awesome person and very knowledgeable) if a ritual helps you build belief in the action and intent of clearing your apartment. Or you can simply tell it to get the he** out of your space, leave you alone, leave your family and friends alone and begone. Repeat every time it comes up and in the end it will go, basically as soon as you really mean it and finally get angrier than scared about it. 

This is a RIGHT everyone has, just nobody tells them. It is this simple. If you mean it, really mean it, and are not playing into it, messing with it or secretly interested and not really wanting it to be gone. The moment you really mean it, it will be over with.

That "cat" cannot harm you. The neighbor's attachment or simple mental health pain cannot harm you in the non-physical sense. I only mentioned my credentials so you would know I really do know this stuff I am typing, and maybe under it all you know I actually do care about your worries. I care because I can feel that Spirit cares and reacted to your post. That is why I bothered to reply in the first place. 

If you do wish to talk to someone about things, feel free to write to me. I am pretty good with the shadows in the heart. In closing, let me tell you that you are very deeply loved. I can feel that resonating in my own spirit as I type this. It is going to be alright.

and this is all for me on this topic here. Take care :) 

Thanks. That was nice.

Probably few on this site who would agree with you, lol, but I do actually try to help people.

I'm not just a smart*** with irritating political beliefs. 

• Haha 1

Thank you all SO MUCH for your time in replying. I feel blessed by your concern and the advice is well heeded. :wub: xxx

• Like 1