Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proof all Humans are Psychic

FFA

Its a known fact that if you take a jar of jelly beans and set it on a table in a room and ask people to guess the amount of beans in the jar, a single persons response is usually fairly wrong. However, it is also a known fact that as more people share their intuitive guesses that average of all the guesses gets closer and closer to the actual number of beans in the jar. Mathematically, given enough guesses the erros goes to zero.

In short peoples intuition combined can make accurate predictions. The TPTB know this. This is why bots go out and comb the internet looking for information. Gather enough peoples incite form their Twitter and Facebook post etc. can predict the answer to that football game, weather, earth quake etc.

Have some people in the past simply trained or polished this ability to make accurate predictions and are what is called psychic?

• Haha 1

It is a known fact that Google search statistics can predict the future, but being psychic has nothing to do with guesswork.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

It is a known fact that Google search statistics can predict the future, but being psychic has nothing to do with guesswork.

Yes it can make predictions based on information from humans and its environment. Google statistics is a model that relies on its inputs and will produce the same value if the same information is put into its model.

Guesswork is very often is based on feelings and are not only the result of inputs from its environment.  Given enough people the results of their decisions based on there intuition (feelings) will lead to the right answer.

You will find if you paint that jar of jelly beans black, given enough people making predictions the errors again will cancel. This can be extend to all kinds of areas. For example, remote viewing. Given enough people the error will cancel. 

Edited by FFA
  • Like 1

Its not a theory. It can be proven and demonstrated to be repeatable in all cases. 

That is, assuming you have a enough large enough sample size to test.

Edited by FFA

5 minutes ago, FFA said:

Its not a theory. It can be proven and demonstrated to be repeatable in all cases.

Can you prove and demonstrate that this isn't merely a psychological phenomena coupled with probability statistics?

36 minutes ago, FFA said:

That is, assuming you have a enough large enough sample size to test.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced.

The collective 'guess' would be skewed by the high number of jelly beans expected in a painted jar you are being asked to estimate the contents of.

Almost no one would guess "six", for example.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

This is a perfect example of magical thinking. You've taken something like statistical probability and come to the fallacious conclusion that it proves psychic abilities, despite absolutely no link.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

deleted by author as posted in error

I read the OP too fast and miss-assumed some things. I can admit to mistakes.

Edited by papageorge1

It just sounds like mundane probability. Get enough people in a room to guess how many jelly beans, and eventually, someone will guess correctly. 

Especially, if they're exposed to everyone else's guesses, and so they "choose" a different number. 

It's kinda like guessing a card. 

Enough people come in and guess, and there are only 52 possible choices. 

You get enough people and someone's gonna guess the card. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A more conservative way of explaining the results, would be to claim that it shows results that have no known explanation in a materialist paradigm.

The next step is to say it suggests some type of human ability that has been colloquially called 'psychic abilities'.

Except that it doesn't.

It's common sense that the more guesses you have, the more likely it is that someone will guess correctly.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Except that it doesn't.

It's common sense that the more guesses you have, the more likely it is that someone will guess correctly.

Well, I think I read the OP too fast and miss-assumed what it was  saying.

I can admit errors once in awhile.

• Like 1

I have heard this theory before and maybe it is true, maybe it is not. I have not read about it being tested to know if it reaches a point of higher accuracy than probability.

Or, it could be that there are two ways we can come to a solution, one by mathematics, one by …. energy? Not sure how I would class the psychic effort.

This can be disproven by eliminating human choice, give everyone a random number, the more people the more random numbers. We get the same result.