Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Game of Thrones prequel announced

Still Waters

Game of Thrones could be getting a prequel series, HBO has announced, one of five potential spinoffs of the series.

Book author George RR Martin created the new series alongside British screenwriter Jane Goldman.

HBO has ordered a pilot episode for the show, set thousands of years before the battles over the Iron Throne.

Executives say any spinoff will not be broadcast until after Game of Thrones' final season in 2019.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44423040

• Like 2

Eh, was never a fan of these books/show. <_<

Imho the show died in the 5th season when they threw the book plot and logic out of the window. Then again, the last two books weren't enjoyable either, if you ask me.

But the first three seasons, and first three books were quite enjoyable to me, especially the chapters dealing with Medieval Court culture.

This prequel however, is so far removed from anything having to do with the show that I'm not sure I'd be interested and it runs the danger of showing a Westeros thousands of years in the past that's nearly identical to the "present" one...

Edited by Orphalesion