Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neaderthal North American Atlantis

Duke Wellington

I have noticed several articles recently saying that evidence of humans existing in North America 130,000 years ago has been found https://www.newscientist.com/article/2129042-first-americans-may-have-been-neanderthals-130000-years-ago/

Everything points to them being Neanderthals, Denisovans, or a yet unidentified species other than our own. The reason being is we only have evidence of homo sapiens making it to China 120,000 years ago.

I have also noticed there is evidence of comet fragment impacts in North America 12800 and then 11600 years ago https://www.space.com/14793-comet-earth-impact-younger-dryas.html. This takes the forms of pictures on moments at Gobekli Tepe, global flood myths, tales of Atlantis, one or two newly identified impact craters, and a layer in the soil across North America of soot and unusual chemicals normally found in comets.

It has been hypothesized that with most of those comet fragments likely impacting the North America ice sheet at the end of the last ice age that most of them didnt leave craters. Worse, the energy instantly melted large areas of ice causing a flood downwards across North America. A huge and massive flash flood wiping out Neanderthal civilization leaving behind little trace of it.

With most other comet fragments hitting the North Atlantic ocean it is also suggested it caused a global flood nearly completely wiping out human life. Did the Neanderthals build Atlantis in North America?

• Thanks 1

Probably not. I have not seen anything to support them building cities, etc, just cave dwelling mostly.

It sounds like a very wet period though and not surprising how many cultures have flood tales handed down, maybe from verbal tales...who knows?

• Thanks 1

There's a problem in the Abstract IMO: 

These findings confirm the presence of an unidentified species of Homo at the CM site during the last interglacial period (MIS 5e; early late Pleistocene), indicating that humans with manual dexterity and the experiential knowledge to use hammerstones and anvils processed mastodon limb bones for marrow extraction and/or raw material for tool production.

These findings confirm no such thing as there is not a shred of evidence of physical remains for any member of the genus Homo in the Americas at such an early time. Physical evidence of human remains that early would confirm the findings, not speculation of how the condition of the mastodon came to be. 

It has been hypothesized that with most of those comet fragments likely impacting the North America ice sheet at the end of the last ice age that most of them didnt leave craters. Worse, the energy instantly melted large areas of ice causing a flood downwards across North America. A huge and massive flash flood wiping out Neanderthal civilization leaving behind little trace of it.

The problem with this is that there are SEVERAL large scale floods comparable to the one(s) allegedly caused by the comet impact claim that are already known to have happened in North America, such as: 

1)  Glacial Lake Missoula flood:  15,000 BC - 13,000 BC

2)  Lake Bonneville flood:  15,400 BC

3)  Glacial Lake Agassiz-Ojibway flood:  6470 BC 

The flood around the time of the YD is not actually in evidence AFAIK. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Did the Neanderthals build Atlantis in North America?

I am going with 'No',

My best theory says Atlanteans were more advanced than modern Homo Sapiens (not less). Human level regressed after their near extinction.

Interesting how those dates dovetail with multiple other sources that talk of Atlantis' downfall.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am going with 'No',

Me too, but as you will see for very different reasons.

My best theory says Atlanteans were more advanced than modern Homo Sapiens (not less).

Its not really a theory if you don't have anything to back it up with. The term you are looking for here is wild guess.

Human level regressed after their near extinction.

There is absolutely no evidence that there have ever been a civilisation even remotely as advanced as we are today.

Interesting how those dates dovetail with multiple other sources that talk of Atlantis' downfall.

There is only one source of Atlantis' downfall and that is an allegorical tale by Plato. Platos story was never meant to be taken as fact and people at the time knew that. It is only in the 19th century that the idea of Atlantis as a real place took of..... I blame Ignatius Donnelly for this. :angry:

Your sources are either embellishments of Plato's story or simply made up...... psychic acheology is not a viable source.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Your sources are either embellishments of Plato's story or simply made up...... psychic acheology is not a viable source.

I believe there is a consensus among sources claiming psychic insight into the past that are my main sources (beyond Plato or Donnelly).

You say 'simply made up'. I say honestly reported and with a consistency of detail among disparate sources not readily explainable.

Here we go again.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe there is a consensus among sources claiming psychic insight into the past that are my main sources (beyond Plato or Donnelly).

You say 'simply made up'. I say honestly reported and with a consistency of detail among disparate sources not readily explainable.

Here we go again.

You are of course entitled to your view of the world, it's just that I prefer mine to be based in reality. Each to his own I suppose.

• Like 4

This topic seems to be based on the controversial paper published last year:

Since then there have been a few back-and-forth responses:

The evidence from the Cerutti mastodon site is neither convincing nor confirmed and it shouldn't be used to support colonization of the Americas by pre-sapiens hominins. It also has nothing to do with Atlantis, Gobekli Tepe, Younger Dryas impact, global flood, etc.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am going with 'No',

My best theory says Atlanteans were more advanced than modern Homo Sapiens (not less). Human level regressed after their near extinction.

Your evidence for this alleged near extinction is what exactly? 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your evidence for this alleged near extinction is what exactly? 

cormac

The consistent history of events presented by disparate psychic sources I respect.

If you have no belief in any such sources then ignore. I was giving my opinion of Neanderthal Atlantis. 

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The consistent history of events presented by disparate psychic sources I respect.

If you have no belief in any such sources then ignore. I was giving my opinion of Neanderthal Atlantis. 

Ignore it is then, you’ve got nothing credible. Gotcha! :tu:

cormac

• Like 3

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Here we go again.

I'm sure any given group of fools would agree to anything, given enough time. Especially if there's some benefit in it for them.

All you have to do is prove your group of nameless, credential-less so-called psychics are worth listening to and not the above-mentioned group of fungible fools.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What I enjoyed about this small find was to imagine a what if scenario of a group of people maybe at a bad time finding this carcass just in time and using whatever they had to hand to butcher it and eat and make tools and then moved onward somewhere, refreshed and considering the find a small miracle in their lives. Hence the primitive seeming tools used and no remains of humans anywhere. Just a snapshot of a moment in ancient time. I find it odd an anvil type of object was just left there with bone shards around it as if this is all they did with it unless they did move on. Seems odd they would leave it though, unless maybe they were travelling light or had to move on swiftly afterwards? 

16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I was on one of the teams looking for the evidence. There is none. 

16 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

With most other comet fragments hitting the North Atlantic ocean it is also suggested it caused a global flood nearly completely wiping out human life. Did the Neanderthals build Atlantis in North America?

Just no!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am going with 'No',

YAY we agree on something! :)

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, that didn’t last long did it :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, that didn’t last long did it :(

:lol:

• Like 1

These findings confirm the presence of an unidentified species of Homo at the CM site during the last interglacial period (MIS 5e; early late Pleistocene), indicating that humans with manual dexterity and the experiential knowledge to use hammerstones and anvils processed mastodon limb bones for marrow extraction and/or raw material for tool production.

18 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

There's a problem in the Abstract IMO: 

These findings confirm no such thing as there is not a shred of evidence of physical remains for any member of the genus Homo in the Americas at such an early time. Physical evidence of human remains that early would confirm the findings, not speculation of how the condition of the mastodon came to be. 

cormac

Certainly in no way confirmation, but I still like the idea. Always have.

The way I see it, the real problem is in the so-called "tools."

Way, WAY more primitive than what either H. Sapiens or H. Neanderthalensis was making in that same era.

If there is any meaning to the site, then there is meaning to that fact. A possible new member of Homo.

At least this site might cause others to examine more closely strata of the same age.

Harte

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Harte said:

Certainly in no way confirmation, but I still like the idea. Always have.

The way I see it, the real problem is in the so-called "tools."

Way, WAY more primitive than what either H. Sapiens or H. Neanderthalensis was making in that same era.

If there is any meaning to the site, then there is meaning to that fact. A possible new member of Homo.

At least this site might cause others to examine more closely strata of the same age.

Harte

While an interesting idea it could also be seen as evidence of geofacts being misrepresented/misinterpreted as artifacts. I’d prefer something more concrete like verified human remains.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I am going with 'No',

They went "extinct" after a war with Athens.

Athens wasn't around until about 1500 BC.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

They went "extinct" after a war with Athens.

Athens wasn't around until about 1500 BC.

I’m thinking a good 10,000 years before that and nothing to do with Athens.

I am listening to psychic sources even beyond Plato.

If you're just going to make up history, why not make yourself some manner of vastly overrated culture hero, like Menes or Cadmus? I'm sure your psychic "sources" will tell you whatever you want to hear, anyway.

Or donyou just already believe that about yourself, anyway?

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

@jaylemurph

Believe what about myself? I don’t understand.

I made up nothing on my own. I just listen to a significant number of disparate sources I respect saying the same things.

Edited by papageorge1

Well, my sources say Atlantis was destroyed by Daemons from the planet Daemos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, my sources say Atlantis was destroyed by Daemons from the planet Daemos.

If you objectively considered and came to believe your sources are credible and worthy of serious consideration then wear their logoed hat and consider what they say.

Never heard of Daemons myself.

If you objectively considered and came to believe your sources are credible and worthy of serious consideration then wear their logoed hat and consider what they say.

Never heard of Daemons myself.

Greek Mythology. Earthbound spirits who are connected to the living.

I find this interesting. They are referenced in Greco-Buddhism and Greco-Bactrian Hindu writings.

• Like 2