Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite cryptid?

Jeremylamano

The South Texas Chupacabra. It really isn't a cryptid anymore but the legends associated with it are pretty wild. Even when something is identified modern science will refuse to recognize it until all the idiots that have denied its existence have died. If someone actually killed a bigfoot and delivered it to the Smithsonian Institute it would be classified as a hoax and the body "lost". 

• Like 1

Over here its the Lithgow panther,I have a fair knowledge of animals and I saw one while camping twenty years ago.The latest pics in the media are obviously just very large feral cats,by their small head size.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, openozy said:

Over here its the Lithgow panther,I have a fair knowledge of animals and I saw one while camping twenty years ago.The latest pics in the media are obviously just very large feral cats,by their small head size.

I would love to hear about your panther sighting in Lithgow if you want to share it 

My favourite cryptid is the Australian Bunyip 

Edited by Ozfactor
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ozfactor said:

I would love to hear about your panther sighting in Lithgow if you want to share it 

I was camping with my young brother in Newnes pine forrest at Lithgow,just on dark ,we lit a camp fire and started to cook some lamb chops.We noticed an animal pacing up and down in the scrub,going over with torches we thought it was a dingo with a tawny yellow coat,as we approached it didn't retreat and we saw it was a big cat looking something like a puma.We let our dogs off the ute and they chased it off.we never went back camping there again.

• Like 4

Mothman is fun because it's just so weird. 

I like megalodon, too, and the kraken.

I thought it was fun how they were saying that the bloop was Cthulhu. 

• Like 4

Orang Pendek. I really hope they find one some day

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 4:14 PM, openozy said:

I was camping with my young brother in Newnes pine forrest at Lithgow,just on dark ,we lit a camp fire and started to cook some lamb chops.We noticed an animal pacing up and down in the scrub,going over with torches we thought it was a dingo with a tawny yellow coat,as we approached it didn't retreat and we saw it was a big cat looking something like a puma.We let our dogs off the ute and they chased it off.we never went back camping there again.

Thanks for sharing your sighting . Di

The mongolian death worm for the overseas favorite and sasquatch (bigfoot) here at home. Though nessi is up there for me.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 1:56 AM, Ozfactor said:

My favourite cryptid is the Australian Bunyip 

My only experience with the Bunyip was "Dot and the Kangaroo". :tu:  But that's a cool cryptid.

Melon heads, black-eyed children, or the lusca.

Hey! Does anyone remember what that fairy-like cryptid from southeast Asia is called? It allegedly would appear to people on beaches. I forget which island nation it's attributed to. I've been meaning to look that one up for ****s and nibbles because I read something about it years ago.

I've always liked the Lizardman of South Carolina. Even thought I saw him chasing after our car one night when I was young. Pretty sure it was just my wild imagination now though.

• Like 3