Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite cryptid?

Jeremylamano

4 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I've always liked the Lizardman of South Carolina. Even thought I saw him chasing after our car one night when I was young. Pretty sure it was just my wild imagination now though.

Whats the point in having an imagination, if we cant let it run wild now and then? 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The Mothman, New jersey devil,

• Like 1

I don't wanna choose a favorite incase I make all the other cryptids jealous

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 2018-06-21 at 7:56 AM, Ozfactor said:

My favourite cryptid is the Australian Bunyip 

What about the yowie

yes they are mystical beings

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2018 at 1:30 PM, Avalanche said:

The Mothman, New jersey devil,

I'm the in-house expert on the Jersey Devil. I lived in the Pine Barrens most of my life. Read everything written about him. Heard every report and story. He started out as a parody written by Ben Franklin. You would call him the "Original Creepy Pasta".:tu:

• Like 4

Sea Serpents! And you could say they exist ... well, in a manner of speaking.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm the in-house expert on the Jersey Devil. I lived in the Pine Barrens most of my life. Read everything written about him. Heard every report and story. He started out as a parody written by Ben Franklin. You would call him the "Original Creepy Pasta".:tu:

It's also the name of my favourite NHL team :-) I have heard that New Jersey is a rough tuff place to live 

Edited by Avalanche
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

And is also the name of my favourite NHL team :-) I have heard that New Jersey is a rough tuff place to live 

I went to school in Camden and spent 3 years in a New Jersey violent offenders prison. Don't I know it.......

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

I went to school in Camden and spent 3 years in a New Jersey violent offenders prison. Don't I know it.......

I've been thinking about going to a home game is that something you recommend? I live in Sweden and its one among the safest countries to visit in Europe  i guess if you're at the wrong place at the wrong time things can happen. 

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I've been thinking about going to a home game is that something you recommend? I live in Sweden and its one among the safest countries to visit in Europe  i guess if you're at the wrong place at the wrong time things can happen. 

Just don't wear your Jersey near Flyers fans. 

I loved Sweden. Much of my logging and fire fighting equipment is Swedish and your EMS services are very well trained and up to date whereas in the States they are ass backwards. Your cities are clean and your people are excellent hosts......but since I use my Yorkshire accent in Europe they didn't know I was American. 

• Like 1

My favorite Jersey Devil story is the one where navy hero Stephen Decatur supposedly shot it in mid-flight with a cannon (to no effect) when it flew past a gunnery range.

• Like 2

The Swedish cryptid Stordjöodjuret is cool the Big lake monster look him up but not near as cool as nessie. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

My favorite Jersey Devil story is the one where navy hero Stephen Decatur supposedly shot it in mid-flight with a cannon (to no effect) when it flew past a gunnery range.

I heard that story a million times and Batsto is one of my weekend hangouts and had the only other operational historic sawmill so we are pretty well known there. My boss is also their token chainsaw carver during their art festival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Avalanche said:

The Swedish cryptid Storsjöodjuret is cool the Big lake monster  also mentioned  by the vikings look him up but he's not near as cool as nessie. 

Edited by Avalanche

On 19/07/2018 at 8:31 AM, Avalanche said:

What about the yowie

The Yowie is a good one . 
Australia doesn't have bears or primates that can be mistaken for a yowie and sightings are from before the white fella landed 
Yowie Hunters is a good site for yowie sightings and information .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bigfoot or dogman. The dino in the Congo would be cool too. I thought there would be proof of bigfoot by now [44 years} if it existed, which makes me think it doesn't.

I'd have to go with the Loch Ness Monster, the legend has always fascinated me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Black shuck would be up there as many of the sightings are very local to me. I do love the stories about skinwalkers tho so that would be a close second.

Edited by Kingbadger2

On 6/13/2018 at 10:03 AM, Vance665 said:

Mothman

This is mine as well.

Edited by UFO_Monster

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite fond of the Mothman and the Jersey Devil. (Honorable mentions: Mongolian Death Worm, the Dover Demon, the Chupacabra, and Bigfoot. It's so hard to narrow down the list!)

Edit: Dangit, I forget to mention the Aswang. I have too many favorites.

Edited by bookwormwen
Whoops, I forgot one.
  • Like 4