Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark demon in sleep

Deborah72

Anyone have a dark figure appear in your sleep and growl in your ear or whisper in it?  I can only wake up once I chant Psalms in my dream state.  It's as if I am awake looking down on it sometimes.  I feel like it tries to take over my body from my sleep state.  I wake up with my heart pounding.  I yell in my sleep at it "get behind me satan i am a child of god".  This dream has been going on for years.  I can't pin point exactly when but I did the oujai board as a teen and it's possible that is when it started.  Anyone else?!?

Sounds like you have a "Thought Form". It can't bother you unless you let it. Your "focus" has to be more intense because it's not the belief system in itself, but the "Power of Intention" that removes bad "woo". 

• Like 1

How do you "let it" bother you?  Explain please

So you think it's all in my thoughts not a real entity or demonic thing?  I have always had strange things since a child.  I remember sleep walking and having conversations with things in my dreams.  Around age 7 I remember like it were yesterday waking up looking in the closet of my room and seeing two black doberman dogs watching me.  I have had things move around in my room when I was around 17.  I got use to them.  My sister raised me and she is very metaphysical.  She taught me to not be afraid but never really helped.  At one point she did take me to a "psychic".  He told her that I had an evil entity attached to me.  No clue... I am also the seventh daughter if that means anything.

7 minutes ago, Deborah72 said:

So you think it's all in my thoughts not a real entity or demonic thing?  I have always had strange things since a child.  I remember sleep walking and having conversations with things in my dreams.  Around age 7 I remember like it were yesterday waking up looking in the closet of my room and seeing two black doberman dogs watching me.  I have had things move around in my room when I was around 17.  I got use to them.  My sister raised me and she is very metaphysical.  She taught me to not be afraid but never really helped.  At one point she did take me to a "psychic".  He told her that I had an evil entity attached to me.  No clue... I am also the seventh daughter if that means anything.

The black dobermans were a thought implanted by the movie "The Omen" and yes "Thought Forms" can physically manifest with a strong enough mind. You created your own "evil entity" and that hint of fear gives it power. 

• Like 1

Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

So on the flip side.. I could also create a "dream" just as real with a positive reality?  Now this I need.  I guess if all a person's thoughts are negative they could create a negative dream realm.  Damn do I need some positive vibes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Deborah72 said:

Makes perfect sense.

"Earthbound Spirits" and "Thought Forms".

I'm leaning towards "Thought Form" but if "Earthbounds" find you attractive they still can't bother you unless you let them. 

• Like 1

I could go google Earthbounds but since we are talking... what is this

Just now, Deborah72 said:

So on the flip side.. I could also create a "dream" just as real with a positive reality?  Now this I need.  I guess if all a person's thoughts are negative they could create a negative dream realm.  Damn do I need some positive vibes!

You have to learn to empty your head of random intruding thoughts. Not quite meditation, just sit and think of nothing until you can do it for long periods. Clear out the rubbish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deborah72 said:

A spirit trapped here because it's somehow twisted or underdeveloped.

1 minute ago, Piney said:

You have to learn to empty your head of random intruding thoughts. Not quite meditation, just sit and think of nothing until you can do it for long periods. Clear out the rubbish.

Empty my head lol I wish.  I have a million thoughts in this little brain.  I have tried to shut them down but then I just obsess over how to shut down my thoughts.  It's a vicious cycle

1 minute ago, Deborah72 said:

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

A spirit trapped here because it's somehow twisted or underdeveloped.

Twisted?

Empty my head lol I wish.  I have a million thoughts in this little brain.  I have tried to shut them down but then I just obsess over how to shut down my thoughts.  It's a vicious cycle

Personal demons. It's hard to teach someone how to rid themselves of them. My grandfather and uncle taught me when I was young so my brain wasn't mucked up yet.

Twisted?

People in life who had "issues". Rapists, murderers, compulsions which made their spirits want to stay and attach to people with the same compulsions.

Deborah72, you have classical attack by demons, it's not in your head, they exists, I had several experiences, and of course say a name of Jesus Christ and it will help. But it won't totally solve your problem, because everything that happens God let it happen, because of our sins, so you have to fast and say prayers. In Bible you can read: " Agains them (demons) you have to fight with fast and prayers". Sorry for my English :) I am Orthodox Christian and I saw many things like that, exorcism also...So, don't be afraid, our Lord is the strongest :) But you have to "clean" yourself ,  to let Him be inside you, the main thing is to CONFESSION. You have to repent. And of course it's big sin if you used that spiritual bord! That all you have to tell to your priest.

Confession, really

1 minute ago, goldy897 said:

Deborah72, you have classical attack by demons, it's not in your head, they exists, I had several experiences, and of course say a name of Jesus Christ and it will help. But it won't totally solve your problem, because everything that happens God let it happen, because of our sins, so you have to fast and say prayers. In Bible you can read: " Agains them (demons) you have to fight with fast and prayers". Sorry for my English :) I am Orthodox Christian and I saw many things like that, exorcism also...So, don't be afraid, our Lord is the strongest :) But you have to "clean" yourself ,  to let Him be inside you, the main thing is to CONFESSION. You have to repent. And of course it's big sin if you used that spiritual bord! That all you have to tell to your priest.

:blink:  and they call me a superstitious Witch Doctor.......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deborah72 said:

Anyone have a dark figure appear in your sleep and growl in your ear or whisper in it?  I can only wake up once I chant Psalms in my dream state.  It's as if I am awake looking down on it sometimes.  I feel like it tries to take over my body from my sleep state.  I wake up with my heart pounding.  I yell in my sleep at it "get behind me satan i am a child of god".  This dream has been going on for years.  I can't pin point exactly when but I did the oujai board as a teen and it's possible that is when it started.  Anyone else?!?

Sounds like hypnagogia/hypnopompic states in conjunction with "spiritual"/emotional guilt. Which is all a product of your subconscious. Looks like you've got some personal issues you need to resolve.

• Like 3

My mother was mental and she passed when I was 13.  Her father for sure was a nut job.  When doing my genealogy I learned crazy runs in the family so a twisted spirit could be a possibility.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Sounds like hypnagogia/hypnopompic states in conjunction with "spiritual"/emotional guilt. Which is all a product of your subconscious. Looks like you've got some personal issues you need to resolve.

Doesn't everyone?!?

• Like 2

That is interesting.  In my humble opinion everyone has at least one.  It's a very good possibility though.  Thanks for your insight.

• Like 1