Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huge Dust Storm Hits Opportunity Mars Rover

Waspie_Dwarf

The rover will emerge from the storm, all squeaky clean without a single speck of dust on anything other than its wheels.

8 hours ago, Truth_Be_Damned said:

The rover will emerge from the storm, all squeaky clean without a single speck of dust on anything other than its wheels.

That's rather the problem. The dust storm ended a month ago and the rover hasn't emerged squeaky clean.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Truth_Be_Damned said:

What, you think Martian dust doesn't have "sticky" chemical dynamics?

Think again.

16 hours ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

That's rather the problem. The dust storm ended a month ago and the rover hasn't emerged squeaky clean.

It was a joke which came from videos like these..

10 hours ago, pallidin said:

What, you think Martian dust doesn't have "sticky" chemical dynamics?

Think again.

I believe what we are told, is not as truthful as it should be. Especially when those 'truth tellers' have their paws in the never ending tax payer cookie jar. 

11 hours ago, Truth_Be_Damned said:

I believe what we are told, is not as truthful as it should be. Especially when those 'truth tellers' have their paws in the never ending tax payer cookie jar. 

What do you feel is not "truth"?

NASA and Company are extremely professional organizations comprised, in part, of people like you or I.

Where is the "lie"?

Isn't it even more strange, though, 'TruthbeDamned' and 'flabbins', that those of us who are really into space travel and understand why/how spacecraft are designed, think that Opportunity was in fact, very, very well designed for its purpose?  How did Nasa convince us, do you think?

There are plenty of serious engineering and space forums out there - do you see anyone other than the odd Conspiracy Theorist without much knowledge of either Mars or solar panel design and operation, complaining?

And finally, and most importantly, how long has that rover lasted on Mars? (Hint - 5,250 days)

How long was it designed to last?  (Hint - 90 days - it lasted 58x longer)

Can you see any problems with a 'wiper' design? (You go first...)

Do you understand why *you* folks are not being hired as an engineer?

Edited by ChrLzs

On 10/31/2018 at 10:10 PM, ChrLzs said:

Isn't it even more strange, though, 'TruthbeDamned' and 'flabbins', that those of us who are really into space travel and understand why/how spacecraft are designed, think that Opportunity was in fact, very, very well designed for its purpose?  How did Nasa convince us, do you think?

There are plenty of serious engineering and space forums out there - do you see anyone other than the odd Conspiracy Theorist without much knowledge of either Mars or solar panel design and operation, complaining?

And finally, and most importantly, how long has that rover lasted on Mars? (Hint - 5,250 days)

How long was it designed to last?  (Hint - 90 days - it lasted 58x longer)

Can you see any problems with a 'wiper' design? (You go first...)

Do you understand why *you* folks are not being hired as an engineer?

My first post was not even hinting at or directed at the rover, or any object made, designed, thrown, or exploded by NASA. So you may get off your 'engineer high horse' and go parade it somewhere else. I never wanted to be a chemist or engineer due to the hubris, not for its ease in obtaining a degree.

I feel NASA has hidden things from the public, how much? We may never know. Even the Smithsonian buries artifacts deep into their warehouses that may disrupt the narrative of the past. They try to say they do this so the people, religions, and civilizations do not get disrupted. The fact that they may choose to obfuscate data, photos, findings, etc. is where I form the opinion they they are 'lying' to the public.

People, before this gets too far off topic and down the well trodden "are NASA liars" path may I remind you that we have a forum for conspiracy theories and such a conversation would be better served there.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

It didn't have a passport to enter Mars so it's under arrest and pleads the fifth. 

Edited by It's Just An Opinion