Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ufo hmmm

Deborah72

49 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Firslty, The Abyss is a movie. So I don't know what "abyss" you're talking about. Secondly, I have literally no idea what "the only place on earth we have not penetrated to the core" means.

The abyssal zone or abyssopelagic zone is a layer of the pelagic zone of the ocean. "Abyss" derives from the Greek word ἄβυσσος, meaning bottomless. At depths of 4,000 to 6,000 metres (13,000 to 20,000 ft), this zone remains in perpetual darkness

Core - The part of something that is central to its existence or character.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deborah72 said:

The abyssal zone or abyssopelagic zone is a layer of the pelagic zone of the ocean. "Abyss" derives from the Greek word ἄβυσσος, meaning bottomless. At depths of 4,000 to 6,000 metres (13,000 to 20,000 ft), this zone remains in perpetual darkness

Not a particularly great use of the word "core" when talking about it in relation to the earth to be honest.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Not a particularly great use of the word "core" when talking about it in relation to the earth to be honest.

I understand your opinion, thanks

• Like 1

Maybe God is hiding there with them?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Maybe God is hiding there with them?

Maybe.  Anything is possible.  As for watching the movie you people keep mentioning, no I have not seen it.  It's nice to see people so in the box with their thinking.

Edited by Deborah72
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Deborah72 said:

Maybe.  Anything is possible.  As for watching the movie you people keep mentioning, no I have not seen it.  It's nice to see people so in the box with their thinking.

With all due respect ma’am,you might wanna check your own intelligence before calling people out  On theirs.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AstralHorus said:

With all due respect ma’am,you might wanna check your own intelligence before calling people out  On theirs.

I said out of the box thinking not the level of intellect.  Chime in next week though I feel it coming.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Deborah72 said:

I said out of the box thinking not the level of intellect.  Chime in next week though I feel it coming.

Implying someone thinks inside the box is an insult to not having an open mind... not that having an open mind is a good thing in your case as you just let it fall all over the place... and thanks but I think not... nothing you say seems to makes sense or be worth while :rolleyes::sleepy:

Edited by AstralHorus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, AstralHorus said:

Implying someone thinks inside the box is an insult to not having an open mind... not that having no an open mind is a good thing in your case, and thanks but I think not... nothing you say seems to makes sense or be worth while :rolleyes::sleepy:

But yet you replied and took the time to read.  Every one has an opinion so I appreciate yours.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 1:47 PM, Piney said:

It's possible. I never gave it much thought. You do need fire too develop metallurgy though. So technological life evolving in a ocean isn't a big possibility.

The biggest problem is that salt water loves to eat metals. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Deborah72 said:

It's nice to see people so in the box with their thinking.

Yeah, there are boxes. But the general communication problem is, they are in various dimensions.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

62c02c85e63cc63c7f0f677a9de9b2d3.jpg

This is the alien from the movie The Abyss. If we're going at this from a what if scenario, I'm game.

• Like 2

Just now, toast said:

Yeah, there are boxes. But the general communication problem is, they are in various dimensions.

What if your box is bigger on the inside?:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What if your box is bigger on the inside?:lol:

Communication problems with small-boxers.

:yes:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The biggest problem is that salt water loves to eat metals. 

Not certain Nickle alloys but iron and steel are out of the question.

Just now, Piney said:

Not certain Nickle alloys but iron and steel are out of the question.

If anything, I'd say 'organic machines', thing grown and engineered to serve various functions. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If anything, I'd say 'organic machines', thing grown and engineered to serve various functions. 

I think that is the way we were suppose to go. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Deborah72 said:

At depths of 4,000 to 6,000 metres (13,000 to 20,000 ft), this zone remains in perpetual darkness

Yep...The Titanic can vouch for that I would say. Anyway at those depths perpetual darkness is a given because sunlight cannot filter down that far. And at 13,000 feet the Titanic is on the bottom....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Deborah72 said:

Then maybe you should. It is a sci-fi flick about alien residing in the lowest depths of the ocean. You might even enjoy it!

• Like 1

All this talk of water keeps reminding me I accidentally got dolphin water in my mouth while swimming with dolphins today :( pray for me.

• Like 1

There are people claiming that they have seen UFOs disappear below water to become USOs (Unidentified Submerged Objects).

If those UFOs really are driven by intelligent beings (aliens/time travelers/beings from other dimensions etc), you might wonder what they would be doing under water. I think probably the same thing as they are doing in the atmosphere, i.e. exploration. I don't think they have underwater bases, they would know that we would discover that sooner or later. Some people are also claiming that they go under water to refuel.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1