Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump says he'll punish Canada

Only_

Trump says he’ll punish ‘the people of Canada’ because of Trudeau’s news conference

WASHINGTON—Escalating his attack on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, U.S. President Donald Trump is now pledging to punish “the people of Canada” economically because of the post-G7 news conference in which Trudeau criticized Trump’s tariffs.

“That’s going to cost a lot of money for the people of Canada. He learned. You can’t do that. You can’t do that,” Trump said Tuesday in Singapore after meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/06/12/we-just-shook-hands-trump-confused-by-trudeaus-pushed-around-comment-after-g7-summit.html

What do you think?

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Haha 2

See, which other leader gives this much free entertainment? (Well ok, Trudeau himself does on occasion.) 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

What do you think?

I think @Gromdor nailed it in the other thread: when it comes to trade wars, the citizens always lose. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

See, which other leader gives this much free entertainment? (Well ok, Trudeau himself does on occasion.) 

In some weird way, I do understand your point of view in that this would be in many ways hilarious if it wasn't in fact true.

The problem is, this is really happening and people are being hurt by this idiot's recklessness, so it's hard for me to laugh at really... :hmm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

In some weird way, I do understand your point of view in that this would be in many ways hilarious if it wasn't in fact true.

The problem is, this is really happening and people are being hurt by this idiot's recklessness, so it's hard for me to laugh at really... :hmm:

Who are you referring to?  Did you not read Piney's statement that since the tariffs on Canadian lumber that he and his fellow lumber jacks are buried in work?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Who are you referring to?  Did you not read Piney's statement that since the tariffs on Canadian lumber that he and his fellow lumber jacks are buried in work?

I was speaking more about Trump in a general sense, not as much the topic at hand.

Trump doesn't like the French bit of Trudeau, just the Scottish bit.

(Ok, so it's only a theory)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

I think @Gromdor nailed it in the other thread: when it comes to trade wars, the citizens always lose. 

What was it that Trump had them change in the document? 

TRUMP: Anyway, we came — we finished the meeting. Really, everybody was happy. And I agreed to sign something. I asked for changes; I demanded changes. And those changes were made. In fact, the picture with Angela Merkel, who I get along with very well, where I’m sitting there like this, that picture was we’re waiting for the document because I wanted to see the final document as changed by the changes that I requested.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/12/trump_not_sign_g7_statement_trudeau_canada_wouldnt_pushed_around_us.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brother_Spirit said:

“That’s going to cost a lot of money for the people of Canada. He learned. You can’t do that. You can’t do that,” Trump said

Is THIS the comment you're using to state that Trump threatened to "punish the people of Canada"?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

This seems weirdly appropriate :blink: 

Rhea Pearlman polishing here arms cache was just the right touch :w00t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

This seems weirdly appropriate :blink: 

Someone's gonna think that's an actual news report. You know it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Use superior Canadian Lumber, buy untainted Canadian dairy products. Stop crossing the border and spending in the US.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

Is THIS the comment you're using to state that Trump threatened to "punish the people of Canada"?

It's a threat. It's 'going to cost a lot of money to the people of Canada', because of Trudeau's news conference.

I don't like Trudeau as leader but it's about time he stand up to the bully.

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

It's a threat. It's 'going to cost us a lot of money to the people of Canada', because of Trudeau's news conference.

I don't like Trudeau as leader but it's about time he stand up to the bully.

Canadians will be fine.  The great USA is our largest trading partner.  What the King is doing railing against NAFTA is in the best interest for ALL Canadians.   He's simply calling out Canadian industry hypocrisy for curtailing NAFTA rules.  These rules benefit larger global economies who use cheap labour to undermine Canada and the USA.  Such as China, India, Pakistan and Mexico.

Mexico for one could do north America a huge service by getting their **** together and tightening their Southern border.  A huge service.  To their own citizens.  They've got more than enough opportunity , skill and know how yet still can't keep it together.  A strong Mexico would mean a stronger north America.  They have got to get tough on their southern border.  Until then the USA must tighten theirs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Canadians will be fine.  The great USA is our largest trading partner.  What the King is doing railing against NAFTA is in the best interest for ALL Canadians.   He's simply calling out Canadian industry hypocrisy for curtailing NAFTA rules.  These rules benefit larger global economies who use cheap labour to undermine Canada and the USA.  Such as China, India, Pakistan and Mexico.

So you are standing with The Donald before your own country?

What a shame.

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

So you are standing with The Donald before your own country?

What a shame.

I'm an individual.  

The sooner you learn about what you have to offer... And we all have some thing to offer... We're not victims.. if you can type here you have something to offer..... and if the field you're playing on has fair rules the better. I was born on Earth.. not soley in Canada.  

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, acidhead said:

and if the field you're playing on has fair rules the better. I was born on Earth.. not soley in Canada.  

Humans seem to have an innate sense of fairness.  I get that.  Trudeau said something like after the years we have been allies, this fall back on national security is somewhat insulting. The prez says you can't say that.  This just seems like a king that got his royalness offended  rather than a nation of laws dealing with another nation of laws. I know you have a queen and all, and I'm sure it must be splendid, but I don't want a king even if he helps me once in a while.

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Humans seem to have an innate sense of fairness.  I get that.  Trudeau said something like after the years we have been allies, this fall back on national security is somewhat insulting. The prez says you can't say that.  This just seems like a king that got his royalness offended  rather than a nation of laws dealing with another nation of laws. I know you have a queen and all, and I'm sure it must be splendid, but I don't want a king even if he helps me once in a while.

Canada is the USA's 51st state.

I think justin beeber got the message.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Canada is the USA's 51st state.

I think justin beeber got the message.

Maybe we should dredge out the lower tip of Vancouver Island and you can pretend you're the 51st state?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

I don't think Trump knows how intertwined North American Trading is? Especially with his proposed auto tarrifs, which would costs tens of thousands of jobs in the US.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Maybe we should dredge out the lower tip of Vancouver Island and you can pretend you're the 51st state?

Yes!

Wouldn't it be great!

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked