Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Maher Wants an Economic Recession

Aquila King

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I just can't ever understand how these hollywood multi millionairs can go on tv and spew their nonsense acting as if they are regular everyday average joes and that their "platform" helps give the little people a voice...

Then they go out,commit multiple crimes and just buy their way outta trouble.

When i see these idiots giving the little folks their daily pep talk and saying everything that goes against logic and reason,and then the little folks fall all over themselves clapping and heaping praise...just leaves me at a loss for words :blink:

Maybe it's because they get paid under the table to do it? So as to keep us regular everyday average joes arguing among ourselves and keep us inline with the "us verses them" mentality. I don't trust actors. After all, they are actors. Really I just don't trust any well known or celeb types on TV.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

All the indicators that economists use to determine the state of the economy are all indicators that only show how well the rich people and corporations in this country are doing, it isn't an accurate reflection of how well regular people are doing economically.

For instance: Who owns the overwhelming majority of stocks? Regular middle-class people don't own stocks, only rich people do. So calculating how well the stock market's doing only shows how well those participating in the stock market are doing, in other words the rich.

Conservatives also love pointing out that the unemployment rate is lower, but what they don't tell you is that statistically a significant portion of higher wage jobs are replaced with lower wage jobs, and any new jobs created are usually minimum wage (which as I keep pointing out, don't pay a living wage to people here either). So essentially, yeah, people now have jobs. But they're underemployed and underpaid, so who gives a s**t that there's less unemployment considering? That's hardly a victory.

Most of these economic indicators people use to determine whether an economy is doing well or not simply measure how well the rich are doing. It doesn't mean s**t about how well regular working people are doing. So when republican economies have all sorts of figures coming out about how well everything is based on these metrics, I know they're simply going through their ballooning phase of economic growth and that sooner or later the bubble's gonna burst.

Regular middle class individuals don't own stocks?  Only the rich do? Really??? What do you think the stock market is?  Also,. What is a Corporation?  Heck... What is a sole proprietorship or a partnership?  Want to talk economics then begin with the basics.  I'm incorporated.  It's not hard to do.  It's not evil nor does it make you rich but it protects the individual against unforeseen circumstances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Regular middle class individuals don't own stocks?  Only the rich do? Really???

vliRBu3.jpg?1

http://time.com/money/5054009/stock-ownership-10-percent-richest/

18 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Want to talk economics then begin with the basics.

I am, yet you ignore basic facts.

See, this is the major roadblock I keep hitting that drives me nuts. I bring up objectively verified facts and statistics, and it's always either dismissed, misrepresented, or outright ignored. On rare occasions I get someone actually making a rational argument (be it correct or not) but for the most part all I get are the responses of trolls. <_<

Just keep on rejoicing in your own ignorance. It's almost midnight here. I'm done for the night.

Because of our massive debt load, both public & private, coupled with an artificially overvalued housing market, even a modest rise in interest rates would destabilize everything.

Artificial liquidity is unstable long term, and while a valiant effort, it won’t stop the coming collapse. The Fed has only delayed the disaster.

Capitalism only works with cycles of boom and bust.

Death is a derivative of life, and there is not enough life insurance for the U.S. economy, without a default on all this debt.

Trump is an expert at bankruptcy, and is actually well suited for the role of defaulter in chief.

I give it less than a year ..... on our current pace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

See, this is the major roadblock I keep hitting that drives me nuts. I bring up objectively verified facts and statistics, and it's always either dismissed, misrepresented, or outright ignored. On rare occasions I get someone actually making a rational argument (be it correct or not) but for the most part all I get are the responses of trolls.

I can definitely agree with you there.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

vliRBu3.jpg?1

http://time.com/money/5054009/stock-ownership-10-percent-richest/

I am, yet you ignore basic facts.

See, this is the major roadblock I keep hitting that drives me nuts. I bring up objectively verified facts and statistics, and it's always either dismissed, misrepresented, or outright ignored. On rare occasions I get someone actually making a rational argument (be it correct or not) but for the most part all I get are the responses of trolls. <_<

Just keep on rejoicing in your own ignorance. It's almost midnight here. I'm done for the night.

Sleep well..

Corporations aren't your ememy.  Railing on how they should buck up and pay more is.  

What you are doing here is giving in to the free market capitalistic system and essentially saying You win.... Just pay me a living wage and I'll lay down.

Sounds good to you.  But to those who want to compete and one day take over their advisary that's a dagger.

That's not how we as a human family operate.  

We compete.  It makes the whole stronger.. simple biology.

You posted in another thread against competition.   It makes everyone stronger.  

What u keep advocating is giving in... 

Ask for something in return for doing nothing... No competition.

Giving in.

This train of thought is a communist approach to solving your own economic freedom.

But it does absolutely nothing for those wishing to one day do better than those at the top.

There is always going to be a better idea.. a better plan.

Never ever think it's good enough for me.  

Keep the market of ideas free 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Because of our massive debt load, both public & private, coupled with an artificially overvalued housing market, even a modest rise in interest rates would destabilize everything.

Artificial liquidity is unstable long term, and while a valiant effort, it won’t stop the coming collapse. The Fed has only delayed the disaster.

Capitalism only works with cycles of boom and bust.

Death is a derivative of life, and there is not enough life insurance for the U.S. economy, without a default on all this debt.

Trump is an expert at bankruptcy, and is actually well suited for the role of defaulter in chief.

I give it less than a year ..... on our current pace.

Holy crap. That's the first time I agreed with you in a long time,

This bubble, like every bubble before, is going to burst.

7 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Holy crap. That's the first time I agreed with you in a long time,

This bubble, like every bubble before, is going to burst.

I disagree.

What's going to burst it?

What's gna happen?

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

I disagree.

What's going to burst it?

What's gna happen?

Housing collapse again. Re-relaxed housing and mortgage banking rules.

Wash, spin, repeat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Housing collapse again. Re-relaxed housing and mortgage banking rules.

Wash, spin, repeat.

LoL

It's Farr from 2008 buds!

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

LoL

It's Farr from 2008 buds!

Yeah, it's more like 2005, or '06.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Yeah, it's more like 2005, or '06.

It's the same huh?

Exctly the same

Lol

11 hours ago, Aquila King said:

1) I can't stand it when people defend someone on everything say or do simply because they're on 'your side' of the political spectrum. Too many people are defending absolutely everything Trump says and does no matter how outrageous it is solely for partisan reasons, so for me to ignore or defend this while calling out others who do so towards Trump would be hypocritical of me. Even though I agree with Bill Maher on most things policy wise, I'm disgusted by these comments and think he should be called out for it.

Good for you....

Of course .... re your remark underlined above.... and too many people are slamming absolutely everything Trump says and does,as well.... 
I hope that you will move more to the middle ground one day and free yourself from the indoctrination that we are being bombarded with
24/7 from the media .... for example you always say that Trump wants (or wanted ....to ban all Muslims) ..... this is a meaningless sound bite that you
always bring up to justify your emotional stance on the man -

Trump made a remark after an Islamic terrorist attack in the US ... to the effect of... that there should be a ban on all muslims until we can
figure out what's going on...  it was a poorly worded remark because how could you ever really know who was a muslim or not because
it's an ideology not a race... a remark born of anger and frustration much like you throw out remarks born of anger and frustration sometimes..

I support Trump (even though I'm not American) .... and I don't hold that remark against him --- because we are all human and we can all
say and do stuff that isn't perfect - I'm a woman and I can tell you with 100% confidence that Trump is not a misogynist... in spite of the
comments that he made years ago that his detractors bring up over and over again... he's not a racist either ... but anyway I'm not making
this post to have a go at you but to help you reappraise your position because I see in you a good person with a good heart... and I think
you are too hard on Trump....

I was very critical of the two times Trump allowed the military to bomb Syria after the rather obvious false flag chemical weapons
attacks blamed on Assad... and I saw this the other day about Bernie Sanders that I was impressed with ---  on the Jimmy Dore Show..

Bernie’s Amazing Foreign Policy Smackdown Excites Progressives

but anyway..... I'm getting off topic now...

I think many Trump detractors are so entrenched in their position.... that they would actually rather see an US economy recession or crash
than Trump be seen in a good light (and they be proved wrong)... 

But not you - so good for you.... :tu:

(I hope you don't feel this post is condescending because it isn't meant to be....)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Bill Maher is simply trying to set the American public up to blame Trump when the economy (and the stock market) tanks, as he knows it will.

Nearly everyone knows this economy is illusory and over-ripe for a 2008 redux...or worse.  The game right now is to seize the narrative over who to blame for it.

Trump knows it but is playing along with the phony Fed assessment that things are great.  This will allow Trump to point the finger at the Fed and accuse them (rightfully) of misleading the public with false and phony statistics.

Hillary knew it and was expected by her handlers to return to the old banker playbook of starting a major war to clear the decks for a reset with all the major players (banking elite) still in control.

Investors know it and are quietly moving out of stocks while the bag-holders (pension funds, etc) continue to be mesmerized by rising stock indexes which are really just a reflection of easy-money corporate buybacks...not a healthy economy.

World powers know it as it is largely behind the current re-shuffling of the world order with the US and her traditional allies taking a much less hegemonic role over world politics as well as the rise of countries like China and Russia.

So I really don't blame Maher for "hoping" the economy goes down...it will regardless of what he says.  All he is really doing is attempting to condition the American public to blame Trump for it.

And I'm not hoping for hardship on anyone either, but what Trump has done by denying the "war card" to the banking elite is to force them into the open and expose them for their own bankrupt condition and call attention to their corrupt, enslaving, and now dying debt-based money system.

Perhaps an alternative is already waiting in the wings.

you know I've been wondering about all this.... how Trump will deal with an economic downturn if one is inevitable -

you see stuff about the demise of the petrodollar and that must have an affect on the economy even though it might not be
showing much yet... ?

I believe that Trump is into World Peace and won't want to go down the War Road to save the US economy - so I wonder how
he is intending to do it - I feel sure he must have a plan up his sleeve because the economy and job creation is his big thing -

he is fighting the battle of all battles to Make America Great Again ---- and perhaps he more than any other President can
steer the US through the choppy waters as the global economy gets stormy.. ?

edit to add a thought that just struck me....
perhaps (potentially) being the main 'company' rebuilding North Korea could help to save the economy from
a serious downturn...?.... dunno...

while at the same time helping the cause of peace and reunification with  South Korea - helping make the world
a safer place nuclear wise - and keeping the ball more with America rather than China... on the Korean peninsula -

Edited by bee

8 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Actually, that was Obama supporters who joked about a third term because they loved him.

Obama actually said that he referred everyone to the Constitution and his wife on why that couldn't happen.

But Trump says President for life...maybe we should try that sometime. 

re bolded....

that was one of his little jokes.... a tease.... when China's president made himself president for life...

but I think you know that and are just using it for your anti Trump argument -

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I just can't ever understand how these hollywood multi millionairs can go on tv and spew their nonsense acting as if they are regular everyday average joes and that their "platform" helps give the little people a voice...

Then they go out,commit multiple crimes and just buy their way outta trouble.

When i see these idiots giving the little folks their daily pep talk and saying everything that goes against logic and reason,and then the little folks fall all over themselves clapping and heaping praise...just leaves me at a loss for words :blink:

H A Goodman rips into Robert De Niro and Hollywood in this video... I loved it.... :D

:::: this video carries with it a Profanity Warning::::::   

ROBERT DE NIRO INSULTS TRUMP AT TONY AWARDS BEFORE MEETING WITH KIM JON UN AT KOREAN SUMMIT

I don't think it's too off topic to put this here because like Bill Maher - De Niro would rather people suffer than admit Trump
is right about anything or doing some good -

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Quite honestly, I'd prefer a recession to losing our democracy.

I do believe that is what the stakes are here. 

8 hours ago, bee said:

Good for you....

Of course .... re your remark underlined above.... and too many people are slamming absolutely everything Trump says and does,as well.... 
I hope that you will move more to the middle ground one day and free yourself from the indoctrination that we are being bombarded with
24/7 from the media .... for example you always say that Trump wants (or wanted ....to ban all Muslims) ..... this is a meaningless sound bite that you
always bring up to justify your emotional stance on the man -

Trump made a remark after an Islamic terrorist attack in the US ... to the effect of... that there should be a ban on all muslims until we can
figure out what's going on...  it was a poorly worded remark because how could you ever really know who was a muslim or not because
it's an ideology not a race... a remark born of anger and frustration much like you throw out remarks born of anger and frustration sometimes..

I support Trump (even though I'm not American) .... and I don't hold that remark against him --- because we are all human and we can all
say and do stuff that isn't perfect - I'm a woman and I can tell you with 100% confidence that Trump is not a misogynist... in spite of the
comments that he made years ago that his detractors bring up over and over again... he's not a racist either ... but anyway I'm not making
this post to have a go at you but to help you reappraise your position because I see in you a good person with a good heart... and I think
you are too hard on Trump....

I was very critical of the two times Trump allowed the military to bomb Syria after the rather obvious false flag chemical weapons
attacks blamed on Assad... and I saw this the other day about Bernie Sanders that I was impressed with ---  on the Jimmy Dore Show..

Bernie’s Amazing Foreign Policy Smackdown Excites Progressives

but anyway..... I'm getting off topic now...

I think many Trump detractors are so entrenched in their position.... that they would actually rather see an US economy recession or crash
than Trump be seen in a good light (and they be proved wrong)... 

But not you - so good for you.... :tu:

(I hope you don't feel this post is condescending because it isn't meant to be....)

I put a 'Thanks' on this post for the words of encouragement. Practically everything else I deeply whole-heartedly disagree with.

I've already rebutted basically every point of disagreement here numerous times before, so there's no real need to do it again.

Regardless, again, thanks for kind words, and I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Mind breaking it down abit AH...

I don't mind Rogan and have actually agreed with him on some things in the past...but after hearing him for 3-5 hours at a time on a 100+ UFC events and him screaming the exact opposite of what i'm seeing...i find it hard to listen to his commentary anymore :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Federal Reserve hiked interest rates today, despite the lack of an increase in wages for most American workers.  One reporter asked the Fed. chairman, if he was doing this to prepare for a coming downturn, to give the Fed. room to act, in the event of a repeat of the housing collapse, and his reply was astonishing. He said that most Americans are not experiencing the same trouble they did in 2008, but here's the reason .... right now, the Fed. is carrying about 3 trillion in bad mortgage loans, as a carryover from the 2008 housing crises.

This separate balance sheet has artificially inflated the U.S. housing market, creating enormous hardships for average working Americans, who are paying skyrocketing costs for their housing. I have personally seen a rise in my market for the cost to rent a 3 bedroom of 25% in just three years. No other company, which takes public money could hide bad debt the way the Fed. has done, passing on the bad debt burden to average, hard working, Americans. Instead of bankruptcy, the United States has pulled a simple magicians trick. They simply inflated the dollar, to cover the bank's mistakes.

It's not what I want to see, but I expect that one day we will see swat teams performing foreclosures and evictions in the United States.  I also believe that it's just a matter of time before all these weapons in the hands of average citizens are used for their intended, constitutional purpose, which is a defense against tyranny. Soverign citizen groups will no longer be the fringe, but a new, true militia.

The next major default will be impossible to hide, because it won't be the housing market.  The next default will be soverign debt, which is largely why Germany's largest bank, Deutche Bank is in trouble - They are even warning others, who are in similar circumstances.https://www.marketwatch.com/story/watch-this-for-early-signs-the-us-is-tipping-toward-a-debt-crisis-says-deutsche-bank-2018-04-26

Donald Trump is going to have to deal with more than North Korea. He's going to have to figure out how to save the dollar, or convert it to some new digital asset, where we don't owe the bondholder's, anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1