Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Pyramid (G1)

Ozymandias

On 6/27/2018 at 10:05 PM, Kenemet said:

...and then related them to ancient knowledge.

These numbers did not exist before 1300 AD or thereabouts.  That was my point.  They develop over a period of more than a thousand years, which means they were not handed down directly by an advanced entity (Otherwise the change would have been overnight into the current form.)

Did I ever explicitly say something on the contrary; that modern Arabic numbers didn't go through their graphic development? The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT. There was no reason to even mention something like that, because this subject is completely and utterly irrelevant to the cause. All I did was to go back in time and made a reminder of the first form of recording quantities that ancient cultures used as simple vertical lines. After all, the numerals that the Egyptians used also employed simple vertical lines - as expected.

3defaa5e71eddc4c9a0915f889cf28b2.gif

All I did was to point out that the height of the Great Pyramid, 280 cubits, doesn't appear to be random, because if you substitute 2 with Egyptian numeral, which is ||, then 280 becomes ||80. Since there are only two decimal digits - 8 and 0 - which are symmetrical along their vertical axes ( | | ), the combined numerical expression ||80 heavily implies the fact. And that was all I pointed out.

Why don't you go back and quote me; why don't you find the part where I allegedly mentioned something about development of Arabic numerals, which, by the way, are of Hindu origin. Even though modern Egyptians are considered Arabs, their ancient numerical system wasn't adopted in Europe. So why would I delve in something utterly irrelevant to the topic, e.g. the evolution of Arabic numerals?

The ancient Egyptians had a reason to believe that knowledge came from gods. Who were these gods and how much they influence the cultural development of human species up to these days? I don't think we find that out on this forum... All I see in the replies is derision and trolling, or a clear indication that the reader didn't understand my point.

Edited by Advenix
typo

On 6/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, Tom the Photon said:

Since the ratio 280:440 = 7:11 , I'm disappointed you haven't yet revealed this hidden message predicting the globalisation of our economies.

That's because the prediction concerns something else - something you can personally use to your own benefit.

The height/base ratio 7:11 leads to Seven Eleven stores, but there is more to be seen than Slurpee. Look again...

280:440=7:11

It didn't take long and the ET's made their point regarding the base measuring 440 cubits. So you enter a 7/11 store...

Well we must be in the right place, but you need to learn the basics first.

5b38526300ca4_temp440.JPG.1c47fb5def4486a399da0e3732fed826.JPG

The ET's "posted" the base, 440 cubits, on Friday, 29. June. When will they hack the CA Lottery random number generator again and post the height of the Great Pyramid, which was originally 280 cubits?

If you figure this out, you can buy lots of Slurpees...

It's actually very clever, simple stuff: There is another, and very particular word, which also includes double E, like SLURPEE. The word is WEEK. The number 280 will come up in a certain number of weeks. Are you going to give it a try? I already know the answer - at least I think I do.

Meanwhile... Look at this name: Gre@ Pyramid. A typo? Hmm...

Practice hard, because the multimillion jackpot doesn't come along that easy.

Edited by Advenix

1 hour ago, Advenix said:

Did I ever explicitly say something on the contrary; that modern Arabic numbers didn't go through their graphic development? The answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT. There was no reason to even mention something like that, because this subject is completely and utterly irrelevant to the cause. All I did was to go back in time and made a reminder of the first form of recording quantities that ancient cultures used as simple vertical lines. After all, the numerals that the Egyptians used also employed simple vertical lines - as expected.

All I did was to point out that the height of the Great Pyramid, 280 cubits, doesn't appear to be random, because if you substitute 2 with Egyptian numeral, which is ||, then 280 becomes ||80. Since there are only two decimal digits - 8 and 0 - which are symmetrical along their vertical axes ( | | ), the combined numerical expression ||80 heavily implies the fact. And that was all I pointed out.

Why don't you go back and quote me; why don't you find the part where I allegedly mentioned something about development of Arabic numerals, which, by the way, are of Hindu origin. Even though modern Egyptians are considered Arabs, their ancient numerical system wasn't adopted in Europe. So why would I delve in something utterly irrelevant to the topic, e.g. the evolution of Arabic numerals?

The ancient Egyptians had a reason to believe that knowledge came from gods. Who were these gods and how much they influence the cultural development of human species up to these days? I don't think we find that out on this forum... All I see in the replies is derision and trolling, or a clear indication that the reader didn't understand my point.

Your numbering chart is incomplete. What you wrote is basically 2 and 80, which is not how the Egyptians would've written 280. Consider this chart:

numbers1.jpg

As you can see, there's a separate glyph to represent 100: a coil of rope. The hobble is 10. So to write 280 correctly in hieroglyphs, you would've written:

• Two coils of rope (200)
  • Eight hobbles (80)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Advenix said:

That's because the prediction concerns something else - something you can personally use to your own benefit.

The height/base ratio 7:11 leads to Seven Eleven stores, but there is more to be seen than Slurpee. Look again...

280:440=7:11

It didn't take long and the ET's made their point regarding the base measuring 440 cubits. So you enter a 7/11 store...

Well we must be in the right place, but you need to learn the basics first.

5b38526300ca4_temp440.JPG.1c47fb5def4486a399da0e3732fed826.JPG

The ET's "posted" the base, 440 cubits, on Friday, 29. June. When will they hack the CA Lottery random number generator again and post the height of the Great Pyramid, which was originally 280 cubits?

If you figure this out, you can buy lots of Slurpees...

It's actually very clever, simple stuff: There is another, and very particular word, which also includes double E, like SLURPEE. The word is WEEK. The number 280 will come up in a certain number of weeks. Are you going to give it a try? I already know the answer - at least I think I do.

Meanwhile... Look at this name: Gre@ Pyramid. A typo? Hmm...

Practice hard, because the multimillion jackpot doesn't come along that easy.

Why are you writing this inane stuff? You know, no one is taking you seriously. Everyone knows you're just spinning a story and making it up as you go along. You're not taking part in the thread and are not contributing anything useful.

Are you really that eager to be booted our of UM permanently? Please explain yourself before I act.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Advenix said:

All I did was to point out that the height of the Great Pyramid, 280 cubits, doesn't appear to be random, because if you substitute 2 with Egyptian numeral, which is ||, then 280 becomes ||80. Since there are only two decimal digits - 8 and 0 - which are symmetrical along their vertical axes ( | | ), the combined numerical expression ||80 heavily implies the fact.

...but that only works with the symbols developed within the past 600 years.  So it's clearly a coincidence.

I don't know, but you're trying to relate the Egyptian symbols to modern numbers... which didn't appear until around 600 years ago.  So your point is not highly relevant.

The ancient Egyptians had a reason to believe that knowledge came from gods. Who were these gods and how much they influence the cultural development of human species up to these days? 

It was Thoth, and (depending on when you were asking the question and which area (Heliopolis, Hermopolis, etc) Osiris or Ptah.  Those were the most commonly cited ones.  For magic, Isis was the one who was appealed to.

completely unrelated...

saw a youtube clip saying that the pyramids are built aligned to orion's belt. is this true? and if so wouldn't that mean that the pyramids were built together and not separately as tombs? 

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

completely unrelated...

saw a youtube clip saying that the pyramids are built aligned to orion's belt. is this true? and if so wouldn't that mean that the pyramids were built together and not separately as tombs? 

Nope.  There's a lot of "adjusting" to make them fit (including the fact that they have to turn Orion upside down to make it work) and they ignore everything else on the plateau.  Now... it WAS one continuous construction project that lasted for around 100 years or so.  But they were built separately. 

8 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Nope.  There's a lot of "adjusting" to make them fit (including the fact that they have to turn Orion upside down to make it work) and they ignore everything else on the plateau.  Now... it WAS one continuous construction project that lasted for around 100 years or so.  But they were built separately. 

when you say adjusting do you mean in a particular time frame. i.e. the common accepted theory of being built around the year 2500BC? 

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

when you say adjusting do you mean in a particular time frame. i.e. the common accepted theory of being built around the year 2500BC? 

No.  I don't mean a particular time frame.  I meant that when you look at Orion, the stars of the belt run from "northeast" to "southwest (if the sky is a "map" and you use n-s-e-w navigation.)  The pyramids run northwest to southeast.

The mortar used in the pyramids (charcoal bits embedded in the mortar) date to 2500-2800 BC.

• Like 5

On 6/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, Kenemet said:

...but that only works with the symbols developed within the past 600 years.  So it's clearly a coincidence.

I don't know, but you're trying to relate the Egyptian symbols to modern numbers... which didn't appear until around 600 years ago.  So your point is not highly relevant.

It was Thoth, and (depending on when you were asking the question and which area (Heliopolis, Hermopolis, etc) Osiris or Ptah.  Those were the most commonly cited ones.  For magic, Isis was the one who was appealed to.

Yes, of course, the ||80 arrangement would be a pure coincidence if it were not for a strong indication based on probabilistic models that other intelligence has been around this planet - a super-super advanced civilization very likely responsible for the cultural and technological development of human species. This has been the topic of my scribble from the beginning, but you keep arguing your point regardless.

You, or anyone else, were not part of the events taking place in deep antiquity, so you lack necessary arguments that would successfully contradict my conjecture.

It appears that some ancient civilizations experienced unexpected beneficial interference, and the concept of deities was born as a consequence. So the Egyptians had a good reason to believe that knowledge comes from gods. The interference is still detectable - it shapes and directs the present and future development of human species, whose natural mental capacities appears to be way bellow it's accomplishments.

Here is one of the path leading toward the Great Pyramid of Giza. When you write number 280 and show it to someone, that number can mean anything in the domain of quantities or measurements. But if you write the number in a triangular format with 8 on top of 20, then the way the number is written may narrow the list of all possibilities, which is by itself virtually endless. And so, a person familiar with the original dimensions of the Great Pyramid can successfully justify his or her guess that the number 280 written in triangular fashion may refer to the original height of the Great Pyramid.

The remarkable thing is the simple ingenuity of the designer of Great Pyramid, who encoded his name into the number 280 written in the triangular format with 8 on top of 20. Since T is the 20th letter of English alphabet, the name starts with T and is strongly associated with number 8.

Let's see...

T_____? (clue: number 8 --> "In that city, he led the Ogdoad pantheon of eight principal deities.")

You can solve this with no problem, right?

T____? = TOTH

It's not that difficult to solve the puzzle, but conceive it. That's why the Egyptologists don't suspect that various dimensions of the Great Pyramid are actually codes to be broken in our time - it is unimaginable to the mind of Homo sapiens that this species is likely a case of artificial intelligence, whereas the Neanderthals were the case of natural intelligence.

This hypothesis can never be elevated into anything close to theory, because Man is known to decide according to his whim and not reason when "given freedom."

Now, you can go ahead and start to object that English wasn't known back in the middle of 2500 BC. I expect you to do so, because the idea that the language was compiled even before that somewhere out there in something we call today computers is just way beyond your or anyone else's capacity to imagine.  It's like trying to make a medieval monk to imagine iPhone.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:44 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Your numbering chart is incomplete. What you wrote is basically 2 and 80, which is not how the Egyptians would've written 280. Consider this chart:

numbers1.jpg

As you can see, there's a separate glyph to represent 100: a coil of rope. The hobble is 10. So to write 280 correctly in hieroglyphs, you would've written:

• Two coils of rope (200)
  • Eight hobbles (80)

My chart was complete and sufficient enough for the point I made, e.g. the Egyptians retained the protoform of numerals invented by  pre-civilized Homo sapiens.

"Numeral systems have progressed from the use of tally marks, more than 40,000 years ago, through to the use of sets of glyphs to efficiently represent any conceivable number."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_ancient_numeral_systems

As I already said, the Great Pyramid of Giza is a special place where both the ancient and the modern age meet. To reflect upon that observation, the original height of the structure, 280 cubits, has to be adjusted accordingly, e.g. the ancient numerals should meet the modern numerals. Hence ||80 and consequently 80 with | | dividing 8 and 0 into two symmetrical parts. There are no other decimal digits beside 8 and 0 that would be symmetrical alongside the vertical axis.

5 minutes ago, Advenix said:

There are no other decimal digits beside 8 and 0 that would be symmetrical alongside the vertical axis.

I can think of 'one'; but, it's a question of style.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I can think of 'one'; but, it's a question of style.

Number 1 is not in the set of digits whose contours define an area:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The special subset S={0 6 8 9} form two other subsets S1 and S2.

S1 = {0  8}
S2 = {6  9}

The separation is made according to a common special property: 0 and 8 are digits, which are symmetrical alongside the vertical axes, and 6 and 9 are figures, which, when turned upside down, still belong to the population of numbers, unlike, for example, number 4. When you turn 4 upside down, the result is a character which no longer belongs to the population of numbers.

The "upside down" property also holds for those four elements of subset S, because 0 and 8 are also symmetrical alongside the horizontal axes, so they can be turned upside down and be still numbers. However, there is this apparent difference:

6 turned upside down = different number (9)
9 turned upside down = different number (6)

0 turned upside down = identical number (0)
8 turned upside down = identical number (8)

I always thought they had no mathematical concept of zero.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Advenix said:

Number 1 is not in the set of digits whose contours define an area:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Goal posts define an area too.:rolleyes:

Even if you posted your story in the fiction section, it's still be getting sillier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Goal posts define an area too.:rolleyes:

Even if you posted your story in the fiction section, it's still be getting sillier.

Literally everything can definitely an area, except zero.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

Zero is the surface area of both a singularity and an electron.

Harte

57 minutes ago, Harte said:

Zero is the surface area of both a singularity and an electron.

Harte

Only hypothetically. A state of zero can never be achieved.

Edit: I take your point regarding peanuts.

If the surface are of an electron was zero we wouldn't have Thompson scattering and the Klien and someone beginning with N formulations.

Edit edit: also the work I do in photonics would be pointless.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

I just ate the last peanut in this house.

How many peanuts do I have left?

Or, do I need to wait a few hours for digestive elimination before I ask?

Harte

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, danydandan said:

I think @Advenix may be talking about the enclosed space, or counter, in the numeral itself. But, curiously they left out '4'.

I'm sure there's a reason coming. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I think @Advenix may be talking about the enclosed space, or counter, in the numeral itself. But, curiously they left out '4'.

I'm sure there's a reason coming. 

Advenix and reason should not be uttered in the breath.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Advenix said:

Yes, of course, the ||80 arrangement would be a pure coincidence if it were not for a strong indication based on probabilistic models that other intelligence has been around this planet - a super-super advanced civilization very likely responsible for the cultural and technological development of human species. This has been the topic of my scribble from the beginning, but you keep arguing your point regardless.

You know,if there's a "super-super advanced civilization responsible for cultural and technological development of human species", they're REALLY bad at it.   They have to be one of the most blisteringly dismal, disorganized, civilizations with the most inept method of communicating in the entire galaxy.  Or the Universe. 

The monumental ineptitude of their methods and the complete ineptness of this proposed group of culture guiders is a strong indication that NO technologically advanced group has been involved in changing the culture of homo sapiens (or any group of hominids.) 

It appears that some ancient civilizations experienced unexpected beneficial interference, and the concept of deities was born as a consequence. So the Egyptians had a good reason to believe that knowledge comes from gods. The interference is still detectable - it shapes and directs the present and future development of human species, whose natural mental capacities appears to be way bellow it's accomplishments.

The "gods" there are pretty bad at delivering knowledge to the Egyptians.  They could have easily given the entire Egyptian civilization pottery, alphabet, schools, water wheels, water power, effective medicine, basic glassmaking, decent plowing harnesses, crop breeding techniques, archery, sailing technology, and metallurgy within 100 years.  All those things could have been done with the materials and culture and technology the Egyptians had back in 4,000 BC.  It took them up until the New Kingdom to get most of that -and in many cases they were the last to get the technology (iron working was something they got after most of the Middle East civilizations got it.)

Now, if there had been REAL "gods" delivering knowledge to the Egyptians, they would have had all that and they would have been exporting it to other cultures.

Here is one of the path leading toward the Great Pyramid of Giza. When you write number 280 and show it to someone, that number can mean anything in the domain of quantities or measurements. But if you write the number in a triangular format with 8 on top of 20, then the way the number is written may narrow the list of all possibilities, which is by itself virtually endless. And so, a person familiar with the original dimensions of the Great Pyramid can successfully justify his or her guess that the number 280 written in triangular fashion may refer to the original height of the Great Pyramid.

It could refer to any number of things... if it was supposed to refer to the Great Pyramid, then that would be the only thing it could possibly refer to.  But 8 on top of 20 could be a fraction, the number of planets in our solar system versus the number of planetoids, the average number of descendants of 4 sets of grandparents, the 20th sentence on the 8th page, etc, etc, etc.

The remarkable thing is the simple ingenuity of the designer of Great Pyramid, who encoded his name into the number 280 written in the triangular format with 8 on top of 20. Since T is the 20th letter of English alphabet, the name starts with T and is strongly associated with number 8.

...except that Thoth isn't spelled "Thoth."  The Egyptians spelled his name as Djehuty.  And there weren't 26 letters in their alphabet.

This hypothesis can never be elevated into anything close to theory, because Man is known to decide according to his whim and not reason when "given freedom."

That contradicts your first statement.

If we were "guided" so that all the above (the alignment of numbers, the letter T and so forth) were true, that means that we are no more than programmed clockwork beings and we could no more reject having that pushed onto us than we could reject using our lungs to breathe.  IF (as you just said) we were "given freedom" then nobody forced us to develop the constantly changing English language and all the other things and therefore the associations are random.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

With apologies to all of the other posters, I have had enough of this thread and the ridiculous plunge it has taken into childish make-believe.

Advenix has chosen to ignore all of my warnings and appeals for explanations, and he doesn't get to do that.

As such, I am putting an end to this absurdity and am closing the thread.

Advenix, if you care to show some maturity, please PM me and explain yourself, as I've already requested. Personally I do completely believe you're making it up as you go along, because none of this can or will be taken seriously by educated people. If you can explain yourself to me as to why you're posting this stuff, I might consider re-opening the thread,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked