Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Huge black triangle UFO

UM-Bot

By: Matua | Location: Mt Maunganui New Zealand

We live in Papamoa and one night my son and I are driving to his high school basketball game at ASB stadium. It's one of the last games of the night, in the middle of winter and I am the passenger because my son has his learner's permit and wants to drive everywhere. 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112089/huge-black-triangle-ufo

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing mate.

That experience is a game changer for certain.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't say if they experienced any missing time like a lot of these cases. Like to know more about it if there is more to know.

It's really convenient and troubling how these incredible UFO encounters mostly happen in the middle of nowhere and at night...

• Haha 1

Does the story include how they checked with the local astronomy club to see who had all-night skycams running?  It can't have been that late that no-one else was around, so are there other reports?

Other than that, just another cool story bro.

• Like 2

It just sounds like a Stealth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The triangle ones are the reversed engineered ones, the real ones are round.

• Haha 2

Confused here. Why wouldn't you use your son's phone to take the Pic? After all, you told him to put both hands back on the wheel when he was reaching for 'his' phone.

• Like 2

Years ago before we all had mobile phones a mate and I were fishing on Holland marshes near Clacton and over the sea we saw a massive triangle shape in the sky we never did make out what it was but guessed it was some kind of military aircraft it was unusual to say the least

• 4 months later...

I have seen the "black triangle" on two occasions and about ten years apart, i can't remember the exact dates without looking in my diary. I couldn't say for sure whether the craft is triangular in shape, I'm just going off the light configuration, it's not easy trying to estimate what height it was flying at because I don't know how big the craft is. On my first sighting the three lights looked about the size of a drawing pin held at arm's length, the second time I saw it  it looked about the size of a matchbox held at arm's length, it was totally silent and glided along so slowly, I also noticed a lot of sattelite activity as it passed overhead. After my second sighting I trawled  the net for some information about this craft and found two reports which were quite similar in their content, one report even named the probable companies involved in its construction, apparently this craft is nothing more than a airship, and for a good reason, airships hold the record for altitude and weightlifting capabilities, which comes in handy for what it's carrying, according to the report there is a large dome on top of this craft which is bombarded with microwaves beamed down from sattelites and this is its experimental propulsion system. One of the reports says it probably has a three to four man crew, while the other one says it's unmanned due to the hostile conditions onboard because of the microwaves.

John n b, given the intense scrutiny of the sky being undertaken continuously nowadays by the HUGE amateur astronomy sector, can you explain why they have never reported this thing?  It would be very noticeable in *any* time exposure image that it passed through, as it would of course obscure stars in a triangular 'silhouette'.

There is a well-known optical effect that could cause something like these (which happen to match your description rather well....):

NOSS Double and Triple Satellites (and other countries equivalents) 

to give an illusion of a triangle shape, when it was simply 3 bright points travelling in formation.  There is plenty of information out there on these satellite formations, and they are not 'classified' in the sense that you are at liberty to post & lookup tracking information on them...

There could also be experimental triangle aircraft, of course, but your comments about microwaves etc do seem just a tad unsupported or warranted.....  Do let us know when someone with decent equipment captures an image.  Up until then, I'll be wondering why nobody with decent equipment has captured an image. :D  OK, actually I won't..  

Never heard of such a thing.

valiant_shield_-_b2_stealth_bomber_from_missouri_leads_ariel_formation.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I saw it. It was definitely military. Sounded like a fighter jet, but was a perfect black triangle. It also had an extremely bright white strobe light in the center bottom. 

I watched it fly over the Hudson valley for like 5 minutes. After it was gone I drove to the store. As I was pulling in there it was again flying over head. It was awesome. Definitely human though. I’m guessing we will all know about it soon enough.

7 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

John n b, given the intense scrutiny of the sky being undertaken continuously nowadays by the HUGE amateur astronomy sector, can you explain why they have never reported this thing?  It would be very noticeable in *any* time exposure image that it passed through, as it would of course obscure stars in a triangular 'silhouette'.

There is a well-known optical effect that could cause something like these (which happen to match your description rather well....):

NOSS Double and Triple Satellites (and other countries equivalents) 

to give an illusion of a triangle shape, when it was simply 3 bright points travelling in formation.  There is plenty of information out there on these satellite formations, and they are not 'classified' in the sense that you are at liberty to post & lookup tracking information on them...

There could also be experimental triangle aircraft, of course, but your comments about microwaves etc do seem just a tad unsupported or warranted.....  Do let us know when someone with decent equipment captures an image.  Up until then, I'll be wondering why nobody with decent equipment has captured an image. :D  OK, actually I won't..  

The craft is totally black and silent, only for those three lights you wouldn't even know it was there, because of the high magnification of astronomical scopes it would cross their field of view in an instant.

no they real mystery is that there is basketball where he lives..

1 minute ago, John n b said:

The craft is totally black and silent, only for those three lights you wouldn't even know it was there, because of the high magnification of astronomical scopes it would cross their field of view in an instant.

then how the hell do people take pictures of ufo's if people have time to take pictures then your wrong

2 hours ago, skrubby said:

then how the hell do people take pictures of ufo's if people have time to take pictures then your wrong

?

16 minutes ago, John n b said:

?

If somone can take a picture of a ufo surely over these several years there wouldve been quite a few with a telescope

2 hours ago, skrubby said:

If somone can take a picture of a ufo surely over these several years there wouldve been quite a few with a telescope

Have you ever used a celestial telescope, if you have, then you would understand why it is highly unlikely to get a photo of anything flying across the sky, if your scope was focused on mars and something flew across your field of vision you probably wouldn't even notice it and if you were taking a picture it would probably be a complete blurr.

13 hours ago, John n b said:

Have you ever used a celestial telescope, if you have, then you would understand why it is highly unlikely to get a photo of anything flying across the sky, if your scope was focused on mars and something flew across your field of vision you probably wouldn't even notice it and if you were taking a picture it would probably be a complete blurr.

I'd suggest it best not to assume things about me, especially not when it comes to understanding of the amateur astronomy sector......  Yes, I have EXTENSIVELY used scopes - from smaller Goto's to very large ones, along with all manner of other smaller scopes and binoculars.  I used to be half owner of a large (and awesome) Meade Goto, and at that time was an active member of an astronomy club.  I'm not currently in that situation (too many hobbies, some had to suffer) but I keep in touch and still go to the odd club night.  Back in the 90's, I taught astronomy at a large adult education college and even did field trips to show off different astronomy observation equipment.  Nowadays it has fallen a bit by the wayside, but I still own a smallish Dobsonian.

How about you?

If you had a bit of astronomy knowledge, and had maybe got out and attended an astronomy club night or two, or heaven forbid, joined up, then you would have seen the nature of the equipment nowadays.  Not all astronomy observation systems are high mag / narrow field - did you seriously not know that???  The range of systems being used goes far, far beyond simple 'celestial scopes'.  Amateur astronomers use all sky (wideangle) HD cams, often running continuously, wide field scopes and all manner of other recording systems.  Some of the more advanced amateurs now use automated systems to track satellites, and the systems can even 'notice' moving bodies and then call in a higher-mag scope to look and record.

Thing is, something that is not overhead to you, will be overhead to others...  By the nature of the hobby, amateur astroheads are constantly on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary, and they are out there communicating whet they see - just check your nearest one, or any of the large astronomy forums - here's the biggest one down under:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/index.php

Why not pop in and tell them what you saw and all the details - they may even look it up for you.

I won't be bothering, because INSTEAD of you actually aknowledging what I suggested and discussing / disputing the NOSS triplets as a likely explanation, you just threw up several ridiculous and incorrect statements.

You 'know' what your 'truth' is, and neither reality or anything I say will change that.  Bye.

Edited by ChrLzs

On 7/4/2018 at 9:12 PM, GlitterRose said:

It just sounds like a Stealth.

Yep, you're right on the money! 

For many years, I worked for the "largest US defense contractor" and they have locations, programs and contracts all over the world. What better place to test out a new version of a stealth like craft? LoL 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I'd suggest it best not to assume things about me, especially not when it comes to understanding of the amateur astronomy sector......  Yes, I have EXTENSIVELY used scopes - from smaller Goto's to very large ones, along with all manner of other smaller scopes and binoculars.  I used to be half owner of a large (and awesome) Meade Goto, and at that time was an active member of an astronomy club.  I'm not currently in that situation (too many hobbies, some had to suffer) but I keep in touch and still go to the odd club night.  Back in the 90's, I taught astronomy at a large adult education college and even did field trips to show off different astronomy observation equipment.  Nowadays it has fallen a bit by the wayside, but I still own a smallish Dobsonian.

How about you?

If you had a bit of astronomy knowledge, and had maybe got out and attended an astronomy club night or two, or heaven forbid, joined up, then you would have seen the nature of the equipment nowadays.  Not all astronomy observation systems are high mag / narrow field - did you seriously not know that???  The range of systems being used goes far, far beyond simple 'celestial scopes'.  Amateur astronomers use all sky (wideangle) HD cams, often running continuously, wide field scopes and all manner of other recording systems.  Some of the more advanced amateurs now use automated systems to track satellites, and the systems can even 'notice' moving bodies and then call in a higher-mag scope to look and record.

Thing is, something that is not overhead to you, will be overhead to others...  By the nature of the hobby, amateur astroheads are constantly on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary, and they are out there communicating whet they see - just check your nearest one, or any of the large astronomy forums - here's the biggest one down under:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/index.php

Why not pop in and tell them what you saw and all the details - they may even look it up for you.

I won't be bothering, because INSTEAD of you actually aknowledging what I suggested and discussing / disputing the NOSS triplets as a likely explanation, you just threw up several ridiculous and incorrect statements.

You 'know' what your 'truth' is, and neither reality or anything I say will change that.  Bye.

I didn't assume anything about you, I asked you.

2 hours ago, John n b said:

I didn't assume anything about you, I asked you.

You need to phrase your questions differently, if you want them to come across as sincere. Unless you don’t want that. :su

Your post really did not look much like a question at all. I’m sure that you can see that. Or is this a bad assumption by me?

Edited by Timothy
Formatting.