Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Huge black triangle UFO

28 posts in this topic

openozy
1 hour ago, Timothy said:

Your post really did not look much like a question at all

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, John n b said:

Have you ever used a celestial telescope

Looks like a question to me,cant you tell it is without a question mark.

Timothy
6 hours ago, openozy said:

Looks like a question to me,cant you tell it is without a question mark.

I was referring to the way they phrased the post, they weren’t really asking a question.

ChrLzs
18 hours ago, openozy said:

Looks like a question to me,cant {sic} you tell it is without a question mark. {sic}

Yes, and the lack of a question mark is, in part, why he/I made the observations...  BTW, that question from you really needs a question mark... :)  So ... I guess it's hardly surprising that you imagine them to be there when they are not.

Besides that - why would the poster ask that question, other than to pretend higher knowledge?  (Calling them 'celestial telescopes', btw, tells you that the poster is the one who hasn't much experience.  That term is not in common use.)

The fact is, that even after his latest posts, he still hasn't addressed a single fact that I (amongst others) posted.  Did you not spot that, OO?  Do *you* have anything to actually ADD to the thread, or will it just be more subtractions?

Have *you* ever seen a NOSS doublet/triplet?  Have *you* ever experienced the optical illusion being referred to?  Have *you* ever been to an astronomy club night?  Are *you* familiar with the type of recording systems used by the ever growing, and ever better-equipped amateur astronomy population?  Do *you* spend much time hanging out at astronomy forums?

If not, then may I suggest your expertise level is easily as valuable as John's......

(that's not a question)