Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raccoon climbs up Minnesota skyscraper

Still Waters

A raccoon who scaled the UBS tower in Minnesota with death-defying nerve has made it safely to the top of the building after close to 20 nail-biting hours for internet viewers worldwide.

The animal was originally spotted on the roof of a nearby office block and was safely removed by maintenance workers. But rather than find safety elsewhere, it jumped over to the UBS tower, one of the largest skyscrapers in the city, where it scaled the building all day – moving up, down and sometimes sideways.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/12/raccoon-climbs-building-skyscraper-st-louis-minnesota-twitter

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

This has been a crazy story. I am not sure I'd simply release him on the ground after all this. Get that raccoon to the country and away from tall buildings :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Spider Raccoon, Spider Raccoon, friendly neighborhood Spider Raccoon...Look out! Here comes Spider Raccoon! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

No problem, No worries. I'll just scratch myself and take a nap then climb some more.:yes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I hope the little guy is now climbing a nice tree in the woods somewhere far from civilization. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah! The persistent little feller made it. I was angry when a local news source compared the raccoon to Congress neglecting saying if he/she made it. Thanks for posting the full story. 20 hours, wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours OMG! so what's that equate to for a man --- Mt. EVEREST! in a day eh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I honestly didn't know how a racoon could scale that building... until I took a close look at the exterior texture!

It's VERY "rough", like a home "popcorn ceiling" but finer texture.

Now I understand how it did not fall-off.

• Like 4

When asked why, the raccoon replied; "Because it is there."

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

I felt bad for the little guy when I saw his face scrunched up against a window.  It looked like he really wanted IN... but couldn't figure out how to get there.

• Like 4

I thought T FIRST THIS WAS A JOKE, BUT WHEN I SAW THE VIDEO, I KNEW THEY WEREN'T LYING. tOOK A LOT OF COURAGE FOR THE LITTLE GUY TO DO THIS, THAT'S FOR SURE.

• Like 2