Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The much-hyped IG report backfires

ExpandMyMind

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

He did tweet about his concern the report would be watered down.

DfrYqNMX4AE7OBA.jpg:large

That's not the tweet of someone who has an unredacted secret IG report......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Haha, yeah, according to Fox News headlines. The texts are irrelevant. Two people expressing a political opinion.

You should check before laughing at others. This story is all over the place (not just on Fox News). Even Newsweek has commented: http://www.newsweek.com/strzok-page-stop-trump-977479

Also, the texts aren't from just any two people. Strzok was a lead FBI investigator and Page an attorney. 

And finally, this is not the final report from the OIG. The next installment will deal with the FBI's behavior regarding the Russia Investigation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

And finally, this is not the final report from the OIG. The next installment will deal with the FBI's behavior regarding the Russia Investigation. 

That won't be out for years.

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

You should check before laughing at others. This story is all over the place (not just on Fox News). Even Newsweek has commented: http://www.newsweek.com/strzok-page-stop-trump-977479

Also, the texts aren't from just any two people. Strzok was a lead FBI investigator and Page an attorney. 

I've read the story elsewhere. It was the bombshell part I found funny. Fox still have that word up now, albeit with a different headline.

Ah okay, so it's the next one. When should we expect the next bombshell then? You got a link?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

... You got a link?

I'm not collecting links for you...this story is on every major network and website left, right, middle. Google is your friend. 

I'm done with discussing this, the story is literally everywhere. 

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm not collecting links for you...this story is on every major network and website left, right, middle. Google is your friend. 

I'm done with discussing this, the story is literally everywhere. 

I was clearly referring to the IG report on the FBI's Russia investigation. You spoke as though you had knowledge of it, so I (after Googling), asked you for a link. I was half expecting it to drop next month from your post.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I was clearly referring to the IG report on the FBI's Russia investigation. You spoke as though you had knowledge of it, so I (after Googling), asked you for a link. I was half expecting it to drop next month from your post.

I never said any such thing. I was clearly talking about the Strzok Page texts demonstrating behavior that is potentially problematic. This story about these newly released texts is all over the media. 

I highly suggest you don't start this kind of nonsense with me yet again. 

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I never said any such thing. I was clearly talking about the Strzok Page texts demonstrating behavior that is potentially problematic. This story about these newly released texts is all over the media. 

I highly suggest you don't start this kind of nonsense with me yet again. 

You should read pages 395-415 from the IG report.  The IG made them explain each text that they did.  It also gives the IG analysis on page 420.

11 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You should read pages 395-415 from the IG report.  The IG made them explain each text that they did.  It also gives the IG analysis on page 420.

Right, and we're all supposed to simply believe Mr Strzok's and Ms Page's benign explanations. BTW, did you read the prior Strzok Page texts that contain expletives such as "F" Trump and various forms of name calling that can't be posted here? Oh, but there was no potential for bias (seriously?). Even Mueller fired Strzok for goodness sake (it looked that bad).

Regardless, like I said, this story (about Strzok and Page) is already all over the place. I find it unlikely that any attempt at a benign explanation will suffice. 

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Right, and we're all supposed to simply believe Mr Strzok's and Ms Page's benign explanations. BTW, did you read the prior Strzok Page texts that contain expletives such as "F" Trump and various forms of name calling that can't be posted here? Oh, but there was no potential for bias (seriously?). Even Mueller fired Strzok for goodness sake (it looked that bad).

Regardless, like I said, this story (about Strzok and Page) is already all over the place. I find it unlikely that any attempt at a benign explanation will suffice. 

The IG report isn't a simple media story.  It is an official investigation.  They lie- they go to jail.  Unlike media stories.

So this is the BIG story i've been seeing argued on here the past coupla days :huh: :lol:

So everything still stands in the exact "who'da,could'a,shoulda" nonsense from the monstrosity 300+ pages of gossip on "Russian probes"...

Cheerleading on one side and a bit of confused anger on the other...this is rich,you people kill me :lol: :rofl: :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The IG report isn't a simple media story.  It is an official investigation.  They lie- they go to jail.  Unlike media stories.

It was the OIG who found the texts between Strzok and Page to begin with (wasn't a media based investigation). As for lying, it's pretty hard to tell if someone is lying about their own personal motivations. And the Office of the Inspector General does not prosecute, they only investigate (the IG can't send anyone to jail). 

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

It was the OIG who found the texts between Strzok and Page to begin with (wasn't a media based investigation). As for lying, it's pretty hard to tell if someone is lying about their own personal motivations. And the Office of the Inspector General does not prosecute, they only investigate (the IG can't send anyone to jail). 

Well, if an investigation can't determine whether or not they are telling the truth then no court will be able to use it as evidence for or against something.  As it stands, it is just more of that meaningless locker room talk.

I'm inclined to believe them because (as the report pointed out) if they truly were to sabotage Trump they could have revealed that he was under investigation before he was elected just like Comey did about Hillary.

• Like 2

I have two questions about the latest text revelation.

1. Why is it only being made public now?

2. After a bit of a Google search why is there no context being shown for it?

Also found this interesting not so impartial story on the subject. 

Here

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I have two questions about the latest text revelation.

1. Why is it only being made public now?

2. After a bit of a Google search why is there no context being shown for it?

Also found this interesting not so impartial story on the subject. 

Here

Lilly stated that it was the OIG that discovered the text messages, perhaps they did not notify the FBI or Congress because they were in the middle of an investigation.  I can only speculate. 

Despite their dislike for Trump, nothing appears to have been done by them outside their normal duties.  Given that he was under investigation before the election there was ample time for them to do something to publicly affect the outcome of the election. (similar to the Comey announcement of the Hillary investigation)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Haha, yeah, according to Fox News headlines. The texts are irrelevant. Two people expressing a political opinion. The report concludes that they did not mess with any investigations, so there is no bombshell. Nothing happened.

Even the wording along the lines of 'we will stop him' I believe is being blown out of proportion. First, they obviously didn't stop him, or even try to, outside of their vote. Second, they had no way to actually do so.

So let's think about it rationally. Two Democrats say 'we' won't let him become President. Is there anyone who can say without a shadow of a doubt that the we in question refers to Democrats as a whole? As in 'we, the voters, the Democrats, won't allow it to happen'?

To me it seems the nost logical context, given what we know. But even if I'm wrong, the "bombshell" is still more like a damp squib that would only result in consequences for the 2 agents. It affects not in any way the Mueller investigation, or the claim that Comey was a Deep State operative hell bent on saving Hillary and destroying Trump, or any other fantasy that conservatives dreamed up.

As you preen and crow about the obstruction of justice that these punks got away with, just remember the prediction, Scotty Boy, Trump still goes nowhere until his term(s) are over.  So you are correct on one point - THEY FAILED - and so did the scum who support them like fanboys.  

I do think Page and Strzok are unprofessional and deserved to be fired.  Cheating on spouses and using government property (phones) to facilitate it.  Expressing political beliefs in an institution that should always be non-partisan.  It's obvious that they were biased.  But to say their bias took the shape of anything except increased zeal in doing their jobs is quite a stretch given the report.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

As you preen and crow about the obstruction of justice that these punks got away with, just remember the prediction, Scotty Boy, Trump still goes nowhere until his term(s) are over.  So you are correct on one point - THEY FAILED - and so did the scum who support them like fanboys.  

Well when he talks about fantasies...remind him of "bots MIGHT have/COULD have" blah,blah,blah... :lol:

Everyone needs to just accept my prediction from 2 years ago...No one is going down except maybe a few pawns and the kings and queens will play on.

This will be a 4 year soap and if Trump loses the next election most of this will disappear overnight...if not and he wins,well who knows what goodies the dems will crap all over the floor with and be walked through and outright ignored meh

• Like 1

It seems odd that the same people who condemn cops for "bias" against blacks....framing them, falsifying evidence, lying in court or outright killing them in cold blood are surprised it would be going on in the FBI or other government agencies. From the bottom to the top people abuse their authority.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It seems odd that the same people who condemn cops for "bias" against blacks....framing them, falsifying evidence, lying in court or outright killing them in cold blood are surprised it would be going on in the FBI or other government agencies. From the bottom to the top people abuse their authority.

It's going on in the FBI?  The IG report didn't mention anything about it.  It talks about FBI agents taking gifts from reporters and texting mean things about Trump but no falsifying evidence, lying in court, or killing people.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

It's going on in the FBI?  The IG report didn't mention anything about it.  It talks about FBI agents taking gifts from reporters and tweeting mean things about Trump but no falsifying evidence, lying in court, or killing people.

Of course not. Like they wouldn't cover their butts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Shhhhhh.....Michelle damn,our beloved FBI...yes those who started with the glorious,beloved,and trusted J.E.Hoover and you have the nerve to question their brilliance,honesty,and integrity?!!!

Why they have ALWAYS shared their info with the people without question...'member sealed portions of MLK's files that still have another 12 years till being "unclassified" but still maybe not "whole"....JFK files yet to be "unclassified" and not blacked out due to national security 60 freaking years later!...

Where the hell is Mulder and Scully to clear our patron saints of justice when we need them the most!...is it all just fantasy?:huh: ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Shhhhhh.....Michelle damn,our beloved FBI...yes those who started with the glorious,beloved,and trusted J.E.Hoover and you have the nerve to question their brilliance,honesty,and integrity?!!!

Why they have ALWAYS shared their info with the people without question...'member sealed portions of MLK's files that still have another 12 years till being "unclassified" but still maybe not "whole"....JFK files yet to be "unclassified" and not blacked out due to national security 60 freaking years later!...

Where the hell is Mulder and Scully to clear our patron saints of justice when we need them the most!...is it all just fantasy?:huh: ;)

The slight problem with all that is that we don't have as patient or patriotic a population as we did during most of that time, do we? The average agent on the street may have to start watching his back a little more soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Of course not. Like they wouldn't cover their butts.

Ah, so you think the IG is part of the deep state and not to be trusted too, then?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1