Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The much-hyped IG report backfires

ExpandMyMind

8 hours ago, RAyMO said:

The IG report is there - including its summary and recommendations - anything else is trying to make it what it is not - trying to make it fit a worldview that its conclusion and recommendations reject.

So anyone who takes the time to recompile, will find their work only appealing to the already convinced and scorned by those who accept the original report - therefore additional work is of limited if any value.

I was suggesting that someone create an additional INDEX ---- not change the original report in any way 

For example.... under O...... Obama ......page what ever it is...

etc etc  

6 minutes ago, bee said:

Not so fast -  I'm not going to slug it out with you like Merc does... :) .... I tend to make a point or two or three with maybe a bit of follow up
if I feel so inclined... 

and I feel inclined to add this.... quote bolded

A top Hillary Clinton aide expressed alarm in early 2015 

that President Barack Obama claimed he was unaware of Clinton's private email server until he learned about it in the news.

"We need to clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov," said Clinton adviser Cheryl Mills in a hacked email posted Tuesday on WikiLeaks.

As the scandal over Clinton's use of a private email server was still emerging in March 2015, Obama told CBS News that he learned about the arrangement through the media. "The same time everybody else learned it through news reports," Obama told CBS News' Bill Plante.

so why the alarm...?

because if the emails from her didn't 'state gov'  then he must have known they were from a private server....?

It's entirely possible to change the "from" address on an email to anything you like -- especially if you have a team of Government techies to do it for you.

5 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

It's entirely possible to change the "from" address on an email to anything you like -- especially if you have a team of Government techies to do it for you.

And you know for a fact this was done? Sounds like the aide, who was in the know, didn't think that had happened.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

the jury might find that a bit of a weak argument - because that doesn't explain the urgency to 
"...clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov," 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skliss said:

And you know for a fact this was done? Sounds like the aide, who was in the know, didn't think that had happened.

Obviously it wasn't -- but it's entirely technically possible, and therefore, a reasonable belief for the President to hold.

Just now, Tiggs said:

Obviously it wasn't -- but it's entirely technically possible, and therefore, a reasonable belief for the President to hold.

getting close to the 'Playing Dumb' defence strategy.... ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

the jury might find that a bit of a weak argument - because that doesn't explain the urgency to 
"...clean this up - he has emails from her - they do not say state.gov," 

You only need to look at your posts, to see an example of it being used as political ammunition.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I'm more thinking along the lines of throwing her in a cell.

Luckily, we still live in a country (for the moment, at least)...where you can't lock up political opponents just because you don't like them.

There actually has to be some evidence that they committed crimes, and although she has been investigated for years...over and over again...

and then they investigated the investigation of the investigation and then reopened that investigation of the investigation...

there was still no criminal wrongdoing found.

On the other hand, there is the Trump team...and although we're only a year in...there have been several indictments, already. 

It's almost like he accused others of things he was doing himself...like that foundation scandal he had. 

2 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Not really...that's a complete stretch with no evidentiary support other than your desire for it to be true...there is more proof, by the aides statement,  that in fact the opposite is true.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bee said:

getting close to the 'Playing Dumb' defence strategy.... ?

Holding an entirely reasonable belief is different to having the psychic ability to discern a server location purely from an email address.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

Not really...that's a complete stretch with no evidentiary support other than your desire for it to be true...there is more proof, by the aides statement,  that in fact the opposite is true.

Then feel free to bring your finest evidence to show that the President knew, beyond reasonable doubt, that Clinton was using a private email server before the news broke.

Just now, Tiggs said:

You only need to look at your posts, to see an example of it being used as political ammunition.

well evidence indicating  Obama knowingly used a private server while using a pseudonym ....

certainly is political ammunition - and that's the problem (for the Democrats)

Just now, bee said:

well evidence indicating  Obama knowingly used a private server while using a pseudonym ....

certainly is political ammunition - and that's the problem (for the Democrats)

Again -- use of a pseudonym doesn't mean a private server was used.

Why is it illegal for government officials to use private email again?  I know the IG report said that Comey was using private email for FBI business.  Heck, even Trump's family used a private family domain for government related email:  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/the-brazenness-of-jared-and-ivankas-personal-email-server/541017/

7 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Again -- use of a pseudonym doesn't mean a private server was used.

but it indicates the desire for anonymity - which he wouldn't need to do on a Government server... 

but anyway as usual you will slug it out to the bitter end rather than concede ANYTHING....

so at this point I will  rest my case (for now ) :geek:

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

Just now, bee said:

but it indicates the desire for anonymity - which he wouldn't need to do on a Government server...

Any email spammer in the world can send an email to a government email address.

Kinda easy to target the guy you want if his email address is basically his name. His official White House email account would be looked after by the White House Staff, who'll filter out all the Nigerian princes, etc.

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Why is it illegal for government officials to use private email again?  I know the IG report said that Comey was using private email for FBI business.  Heck, even Trump's family used a private family domain for government related email:  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/09/the-brazenness-of-jared-and-ivankas-personal-email-server/541017/

the point is that Obama denied knowing and said he only found out about Clinton using a private server for official business
while she was Secretary of State at the same time as everyone else through news reports...

is this a man lying...? wriggling out of something ?

you decide :) 

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Federal law allows government officials to use personal email, providing the records are archived accordingly.

24 minutes ago, bee said:

the point is that Obama denied knowing and said he only found out about Clinton using a private server for official business
while she was Secretary of State at the same time as everyone else through news reports...

is this a man lying...? wriggling out of something ?

you decide :)

10 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Federal law allows government officials to use personal email, providing the records are archived accordingly.

So, it's legal.  Trump has pretty much proven that lying is legal so "might have been lying" is definitely not illegal.

I'm not seeing how this is a scandal.  Let alone one that anyone is ever going to jail for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

I was suggesting that someone create an additional INDEX ---- not change the original report in any way 

For example.... under O...... Obama ......page what ever it is...

Ah sorry, my mistake

3 hours ago, skliss said:

Yes, but we all know that's not what was meant here in this thread. 

Honestly no idea what you're even trying to get at. 

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

41 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

I thought I remembered reading that the DOS (State Department) specifically put out an official policy change to only use Federal controlled email for work purposes after frying a couple of third tier State officials who used email off the grid. And that was a year, or two before Hillary set up her server...

Let me see if I can find something about it....

So, yes... Technically there isn't a LAW about it, but there was State Department (which Hillary was the head of) official government policy that said not to do so. Probably not enough to go to prison, but enough to get someone fired.

Just now, DieChecker said:

So, yes... Technically there isn't a LAW about it, but there was State Department (which Hillary was the head of) official government policy that said not to do so. Probably not enough to go to prison, but enough to get someone fired.

That mustve  been covered in the ethics training she skipped. Report: Clinton, State Department Aides Skipped Key Training

4 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Ah, the evil deep state, right?

The 21-page executive summary version was released first, and can be found here.

Myself, I don't believe in the Deep State, but I do believe, at least in this case, that some very (Anti-Trump) hate filled individuals were actively working against him inside the FBI. The IG report (with only some text messages somehow weeded from millions), seems to point directly at that. It is why the Peter Strzok guy was pulled off the Russia case by Mueller.

Edited by DieChecker