Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

European divisions over migrants

ellapenella

German Chancellor Angela Merkel remains convinced that a European solution is needed for the refugee issue that is dividing her conservatives, a government spokesman said on Friday.

Merkel is scrambling to hold together her conservative alliance while she pushes other European Union member states to show more solidarity on the issue of distributing refugees.

The disagreement between Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU) and their Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) sister party threatens the future of her coalition three months after it took office, just as European divisions over migrants also come to a head.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merkel-believes-refugee-issue-needs-european-solution-spokesman-101753073--business.html

• Like 1

If a country as money to spend on refugees, treat their own citizens as refugees and spend on them or for the infrastructure. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"In order to acknowledge and respond to the current migration situation, the assistance of the entire international community is needed, since its transnational dimension exceeds the capacities and resources of many States," said Francis in a message to participants at a conference on international migration at the Vatican.

Who exactly in Europe is Merkel turning to for assistance now after she did what she did? Are there enough European  leaders that admit how bad this is? 

ETA
There she is complaining about the division and here they continue to arrive by land sea and maybe even air? Who is really going to do something about this ? This particular boat arrival may or may not end up in Germany, who knows , but she's crying about the problem to who? What is the deal with Europe and this continuing? 
Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, kartikg said:

If a country has money to spend on refugees, treat their own citizens as refugees and spend on them or for the infrastructure. 

Does it appear to you that   Merkel is only concerned about her political well being and not the peoples of Germany that have had their lives affected by the decisions she made. 

ETA

I think that this problem is evident in itself  to say that it's more than just a money issue. I know that I feel much safer in my own country as opposed to the relationship that the last administration had with these individuals in that he wanted to do the same to us. I'm very concerned about our future too. 

Edited by Ellapennella

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

If a country as money to spend on refugees, treat their own citizens as refugees and spend on them or for the infrastructure. 

My biggest problem is the U.S. treats it's immigrants illegal or legal, better than their veterans. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My biggest problem is the U.S. treats it's immigrants illegal or legal, better than their veterans. 

Haven't there been changes made by the now President against the abuses that were occurring? 

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Haven't there been changes made by the now President against the abuses that were occurring? 

Last time I checked they still had to go to same ****ty hospital in Philly and Dover. Get treated like fakers and drug addicts, don't get car vouchers and have a hell of a time finding housing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

It's unfortunate, having years of experience as a soldier does not have the same weight as an experienced surgeon when it comes to getting jobs, there skills and experience are not really needed or appreciated by the general job market. Government should make their life easier. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, kartikg said:

It's unfortunate, having years of experience as a soldier does not have the same weight as an experienced surgeon when it comes to getting jobs, there skills and experience are not really needed or appreciated by the general job market. Government should make their life easier. 

A lot of Marines came down with leukemia from guarding leaky nukes and contaminated water. The government denied it like they did Agent Orange. They are finally acknowledging it but you have to jump through hoops. Half of them are being told "it's genetic" and not getting anything.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, Piney said:

A lot of Marines came down with leukemia from guarding leaky nukes and contaminated water. The government denied it like they did Agent Orange. They are finally acknowledging it but you have to jump through hoops. Half of them are being told "it's genetic" and not getting anything.

Which makes the whole veterans hypocrisy a farce.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Last time I checked they still had to go to same ****ty hospital in Philly and Dover. Get treated like fakers and drug addicts, don't get car vouchers and have a hell of a time finding housing.

Report that particular VA hospital if they're doing that. Bring awareness to that particular situation.  

https://www.c-span.org/video/?446633-1/president-trump-signs-veterans-health-care-legislation

• Like 1

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Report that particular VA hospital if they're doing that. Bring awareness to that particular situation.  

https://www.c-span.org/video/?446633-1/president-trump-signs-veterans-health-care-legislation

Been ranting about it for years. I started helping vets at our Tribal Center than expanded to local vets. The local Dems don't give one **** about vets. They can't make money off of them....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, toast said:

Which makes the whole veterans hypocrisy a farce.

Ok, I'm lost. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Been ranting about it for years. I started helping vets at our Tribal Center than expanded to local vets. The local Dems don't give one **** about vets. They can't make money off of them....

Please report this issue to this administration, please do that. What you're doing to help others is very honorable, very Kemosabe. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Ok, I'm lost. 

Yeah bud,that ones a thinker... :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

My father in law got cancer from protecting some contaminated crap in/post  WW2 , took him years but the VA finally did pay up on it. 

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

The local Dems don't give one **** about vets. They can't make money off of them....

Neither do the repubs or theyd quit supporting folks who are determined to make more vets. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

My father in law got cancer from protecting some contaminated crap in/post  WW2 , took him years but the VA finally did pay up on it. 

Neither do the repubs or theyd quit supporting folks who are determined to make more vets. 

Like Hillary "War with RUSSIA" Clinton :huh:

Jk we got warhawks galore on both sides...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

LOL I woulda gone with "We came , we saw, he died" Clinton personally...…..what kind of monster says something like that!?!?! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Please report this issue to this administration, please do that. What you're doing to help others is very honorable, very Kemosabe. 

Nobody listens to a ex-con who lives on the fringe. I do what I can. Research stuff for guys without computers.  Act as a sounding board. The Marines guarded me when I was a White Helmet. I feel I owe them and try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

But Russian behind kissers only on one side. 

Which is great, imagine how lost cause you'd be if such were on both sides. 

More on topic, nope, the weaponized migrant wave was not enough. It's - of course - one of the most publicly important issues at the moment, but it won't actually topple any governments.  

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

But Russian behind kissers only on one side. 

Which is great, imagine how lost cause you'd be if such were on both sides. 

More on topic, nope, the weaponized migrant wave was not enough. It's - of course - one of the most publicly important issues at the moment, but it won't actually topple any governments.  

Oh great...the RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA queen herself :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Nobody listens to a ex-con who lives on the fringe. I do what I can. Research stuff for guys without computers.  Act as a sounding board. The Marines guarded me when I was a White Helmet. I feel I owe them and try.

Nobody what? I'm listening to you so are others. Nobody thought Trump would be President but he is . I think you should write  a letter to the right dept. maybe to the President  about it. Give it some thought. It's up to you. 

• Thanks 1

Oh great...the RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA queen herself :wacko:

Oh, look another 'both sides are bad so vote for the Russian asset' denier.

Great job, the best, bigliest, how about we go on topic, which is the migrant issue contribution to the political instability in Europe, which is not at all coincidentally something Russians are looking forward to and have taken part in? 

Or you'd rather talk about me personally?   

5 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

RUSSIA,RUSSIA,RUSSIA :o...what dont you understand :huh:...RUSSIA!!!

'scuse me, but how do you imagine to discuss the migrant issue in Europe without mentioning Russia?

And their acquisition in the US, in the context of growing and legalizing extreme xenophobia?   

Would you have anything adult to say about that, maybe? 

Edit: I'll be back in an hour or two. That should be enough for a coherent answer. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy