Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Help can u tell me if my place is haunted?

Chase93

Well for the past couple of years I been dealing with something annoying the hell out of me and scaring my dogs and cats. While this morning I'm sitting in my living room and I start hearing the coffee maker go off the my dog Sam jumps of my couch and runs into the kitchen and starts barking and growling then he ran and hid understand the table and about 5 minutes later the sink in the kitchen turns on by itself so I go and turn it off but no one is awake besides me and my animals and I know they can't turn these things on so it's not them and the 2 things that annoy me the most is when my salt and pepper and other stuff gets moved around up on my top shelf and how like you leave a room and you do not lock the door before you leave you come back in the door is locked you go back into wherever you came from and then go back towards your room and then the door is unlocked. Have i been going crazy or is there and haunting in my house.

I have 4 other times does not matter what brand how expensive or cheap it still continues to happen it only seems to happen in the morning time with the coffee maker but everything else seems to happen all day long

2 minutes ago, Chase93 said:

I have 4 other times does not matter what brand how expensive or cheap it still continues to happen it only seems to happen in the morning time with the coffee maker but everything else seems to happen all day long

Nothing can hurt you unless you let it. Try banishing it with a technique from your personal belief system.

• Like 1

Get someone in to check power points. 

Things moving could be house moving 

• Like 1

My landlord sent over someone last week because we was having problems with the light in the bathroom turning on and off by itself but he said that there was nothing wrong everything seemed fine then he said Maybe the lady that died in the house is doing it I Said that's not funny that's really not funny. So I had my dad come over and check before he deals with stuff like this and he also said he don't see anything wrong so I know it's not the house or anyone in my house it feels as something else I'm just not sure.

I don't think your house is haunted. Try an electrician. Could be some faulty wiring. Are move. But dead is dead. No one comes back.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't think your house is haunted. Try an electrician. Could be some faulty wiring. Are move. But dead is dead. No one comes back.

I’d put money on it being a wiring problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Nothing can hurt you unless you let it. Try banishing it with a technique from your personal belief system.

Isn't it funny how ghost will just disappear when you quit believing in them. Its almost as if they're figment of the imagination.

I lived in a haunted house throughout my childhood, and we had lots of activity like this, but we also had full-body apparitions.

Do you see anything strange, or hear odd noises or footsteps? If so, you may have a ghost, or maybe a friendly visitor such as a relative.

Poltergeists are believed to feed off the energy of teenagers. If you have hormonal teens in your household, the activity may die away as they mature.

• Like 2

Not sure but a black shadow thing was standing at the foot of my bed a couple months ago I have heard something walking around my house at night and sometimes big bangs and knocks while everyone is sleeping doors locking dogs barking and growling at things that don't appear to be there that I cannot see things being moved around in the kitchen or things turning on in the morning manly the coffee pot all by itself just little things or really annoying things.

Edited by Chase93
I typed in foot spell check changed it to door some how

1 hour ago, acute said:

I lived in a haunted house throughout my childhood, and we had lots of activity like this, but we also had full-body apparitions.

Do you see anything strange, or hear odd noises or footsteps? If so, you may have a ghost, or maybe a friendly visitor such as a relative.

Poltergeists are believed to feed off the energy of teenagers. If you have hormonal teens in your household, the activity may die away as they mature.

Just no. All kinds of no. This is either an electrical issue or association through belief, a big ole bundle of confirmation bias. 

Edited by XenoFish

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just no. All kinds of no.

How many kinds of no are there? :w00t:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, acute said:

How many kinds of no are there? :w00t:

Infinite. Infinite Nope. There is either a rational explanation/s or its only what people want it to be. Doesn't mean that it is what they want. 

Try leaving the coffee pot unplugged.  If it still turns itself on whilst unplugged, then you got problems  :w00t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Essan said:

Try leaving the coffee pot unplugged.  If it still turns itself on whilst unplugged, then you got problems  :w00t:

I second his plan

5 hours ago, Chase93 said:

Have i been going crazy or is there and haunting in my house.

Sounds like a good chance you have genuine activity with all that going on. Those types of things are not uncommon in hauntings.

Any suspicions or history that might be pertinent to figuring this out? 

Edited by papageorge1

On 6/16/2018 at 9:16 AM, Chase93 said:

Not sure but a black shadow thing was standing at the foot of my bed a couple months ago I have heard something walking around my house at night and sometimes big bangs and knocks while everyone is sleeping doors locking dogs barking and growling at things that don't appear to be there that I cannot see things being moved around in the kitchen or things turning on in the morning manly the coffee pot all by itself just little things or really annoying things.

I am no paranormal expert but sounds like a poltergeist to me. They are famous for making knocking noises...

https://www.thoughtco.com/signs-of-poltergeist-activity-2595928

Or if you really want to know if your house is haunted get a paranormal group close to your area to come in....

Edited by Alien Origins

On 6/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, Redefining Success said:

Set up cameras.

This. If you are serious about these occurrences and physical items are moving without any human interaction, set up cameras. This will prove to you if it is paranormal or if there is another explanation.