Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Fires, Voices & Stones in Bikita,

rashore

Bikita is rapidly becoming poltergeist central. Either that or credulity is running rampant in that small rural corner of Zimbabwe.

In an earlier post I described how the Musirinofa family from Muhura village in Bikita claimed to be living in constant fear of being assaulted by stones whenever they set foot outside their home.

That spook may now have a neighbour. According to the a report on Bulawayo news site B-Metro on 24 May, the Makuwe family of Bikita was being haunted by a mysterious force that started fires, threw stones and insulted them in a strange voice. The strange events so scared the family that they left their rural home and moved to a built up area. They believe the attacks may be either a spiritual attack or the work of an avenging spirit, the uzimu or ngozi.

https://thefortean.com/2018/06/10/mysterious-fires-voices-stones-in-bikita-zimbabwe/

• Like 6

I wonder if this can all fall under the 'poltergeist' label with an active spirit agent. 

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I wonder if this can all fall under the 'poltergeist' label with an active spirit agent. 

The original meaning of "poltergeist" (Noisy Spirit) was a term to refer to unidentified knocks, creaks, groans, bumps in the night, etc. 

• Like 2