Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who do you see in heaven

Justice please

If you have been married twice and you divorced the first husband. Which on do you see in Heaven?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is a question no one can answer with any certainty.

Heaven may or may not exist. And if it did, just think of how many souls are up there. Billions most likely. Throw reincarnation into the mix, and it all becomes a dizzying needle in a haystack endeavour. Or maybe not. I don't know. It would, however, simplify matters greatly if all ex-husbands simply went to Hell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Justice please said:

If you have been married twice and you divorced the first husband. Which on do you see in Heaven?

Perhaps both or neither depending on where they are at in their own afterlife experience would be my best guess.

• Like 1

From what I understand, there is no marriage over there, so probably you will see them both and it is up to you who you care to be around. I guess we will find out when we get that far :). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Justice please said:

With such an open ended question, it is impossible to say.

Firstly, there is the whole 'does heaven exist?' angle.

Then, what if husband #1 was a very good man, and husband #2 was an evil man? Or vice versa.

What if, YOU are the one denied entry to your spiritual paradise, and the two men are there, enjoying a pleasant afterlife?

What if your god decides you are all unworthy and denies you entrance?

What if...….

What if, god doesn't give a damn what you did, or who you were, or who you slept with, and  welcomed everyone into heaven?

• Like 3

The Easter bunny.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

The Easter bunny.

Hi Rlyeh,

Hypothetically, if there is a heaven Aaaand for some reason I end up there ( may be stretching the limits of imagination on that one) I for one would hope that more than the Easter bunny or Bugs Bunny are there, hopefully not all playboy bunnies go to hell.

jmccr8

• Like 4

I find this, in some way, a good question. Especially in this particular part of the forum. I think someone or two, pointed out, this might depend on the beliefs, more so. And of course, one has to take it as how they believe on belief over another. 

And, I was just reflecting this for the past few days. Well, sadly though, because someone in the family just passed away, and has been married twice. And I wonder, if there is such a situation, who will they see?. I feel that I agree with one, that terms here, might not hold the same thing there, if this is the case. 

I personally like to believe, that we reunite with them all. I think love has bonds that connect us. But that is me, and wonder if this helps with this thread. :)  :yes:  

• Like 3

If there is a heaven and it is what they say it is, then I would think it would be the one you want to see.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

This is a question no one can answer with any certainty.

Heaven may or may not exist. And if it did, just think of how many souls are up there. Billions most likely. Throw reincarnation into the mix, and it all becomes a dizzying needle in a haystack endeavour. Or maybe not. I don't know. It would, however, simplify matters greatly if all ex-husbands simply went to Hell.

Thank you I never thought about this. Excellent thoughts

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

If there is a heaven and it is what they say it is, then I would think it would be the one you want to see.  

Another great thought thank you very much!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I find this, in some way, a good question. Especially in this particular part of the forum. I think someone or two, pointed out, this might depend on the beliefs, more so. And of course, one has to take it as how they believe on belief over another. 

And, I was just reflecting this for the past few days. Well, sadly though, because someone in the family just passed away, and has been married twice. And I wonder, if there is such a situation, who will they see?. I feel that I agree with one, that terms here, might not hold the same thing there, if this is the case. 

I personally like to believe, that we reunite with them all. I think love has bonds that connect us. But that is me, and wonder if this helps with this thread. :)  :yes:  

I believe this might be true. In life we usually love or care for many people. Yes we would see them all that makes things more comforting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

With such an open ended question, it is impossible to say.

Firstly, there is the whole 'does heaven exist?' angle.

Then, what if husband #1 was a very good man, and husband #2 was an evil man? Or vice versa.

What if, YOU are the one denied entry to your spiritual paradise, and the two men are there, enjoying a pleasant afterlife?

What if your god decides you are all unworthy and denies you entrance?

What if...….

What if, god doesn't give a damn what you did, or who you were, or who you slept with, and  welcomed everyone into heaven?

Sensible good thought what if both husbands hated me? I don't know about heaven it was just what I was taught. I hope if there is an afterlife it will be better than here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seanjo said:

Purely from a Roman Catholic point of view, If you have divorced and remarried, without the consent of the Church, you are an adulterer and will burn in Hell. I suppose if you have an annulled marriage, then the second wife is the recognised heavenly wife.

In reality, it's all bull**** there probably is no God or afterlife.

That sounds true Ectoplasmic Residue but being catholic scares me. I guess I will find out when I die

5 minutes ago, Justice please said:

Sensible good thought what if both husbands hated me? I don't know about heaven it was just what I was taught. I hope if there is an afterlife it will be better than here.

While life can be difficult and trying, it is the only life that we can be 100% sure exists.

Beliefs in an afterlife may be comforting, promising a better experience, but it behooves one to enjoy and improve this existence rather than relying on what may happen after death.

>sigh< I either have to learn to type faster, or think slower to avoid these typos.

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
  • Like 3

What elements of 'you' will go to Heaven? Is a Heaven just like it is here on Earth, except it's a lot nicer, or is a Heaven a spiritual realm where our human aspects dissolve into a Unity?

In the second sense, marriages would be meaningless.

• Like 3

Being a Pagan, I'm going to hell, so I am told.  Most of my friends will be in hell waiting for me. That sound like a party.  Hope there is plenty of mead. :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Being a Pagan, I'm going to hell, so I am told.  Most of my friends will be in hell waiting for me. That sound like a party.  Hope there is plenty of mead. :devil:

I will see you there my friend, 

but we both know we are going to the summer lands *grins*

let the good christians have heaven and sit at the foot of their god, we will party and celebrate with our friends and families drink with the gods, till we are reborn once more

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

4 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

I will see you there my friend, 

but we both know we are going to the summer lands *grins*

let the good christians have heaven and sit at the foot of their god, we will party and celebrate with our friends and families drink with the gods, till we are reborn once more

85e111c106ccfb160a35332facb0b49b--mundo-

• Haha 3

I quite like the idea of no-thingness. To live and die, no place of suffering, no place of eternal worship, just a forever sleep in the no-thingness. All the while my ashes returning to the great cosmic cycle. The thing that was me, gone forever. Back to the elemental forges.

Sounds depressing at first, but if you really think about it, it's peaceful. Why should I live forever, when even the mountains crumble and fall?

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I quite like the idea of no-thingness. To live and die, no place of suffering, no place of eternal worship, just a forever sleep in the no-thingness. All the while my ashes returning to the great cosmic cycle. The thing that was me, gone forever. Back to the elemental forges.

Sounds depressing at first, but if you really think about it, it's peaceful. Why should I live forever, when even the mountains crumble and fall?

A forever sleep...with no dreams...'cause we ain't got no brains no more....

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some kind of living forever would eventually become repetitious, unless there were some kind of life-support, which means interest-support. Some kind of artificial interest infusion to relieve boredom. Or maybe there is deficient short-term memory in a Heaven so experiences there always appear new and fresh.

Or maybe brain chemistry is altered, like a drug-induced state, similar to some powerful anti-depressant. Everything looks great and you're inexplicably happy all the time. 

The idea of no-thingness may actually be better, as who wants to live forever as a happy idiot? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StarMountainKid said:

Some kind of living forever would eventually become repetitious, unless there were some kind of life-support, which means interest-support. Some kind of artificial interest infusion to relieve boredom. Or maybe there is deficient short-term memory in a Heaven so experiences there always appear new and fresh.

Or maybe brain chemistry is altered, like a drug-induced state, similar to some powerful anti-depressant. Everything looks great and you're inexplicably happy all the time. 

The idea of no-thingness may actually be better, as who wants to live forever as a happy idiot? 

The Bible teaches that God created all things for His own pleasure.  So, the life of Forever promised, actually wouldn't be one of YOUR own pleasure...fundamentally it would be for HIS....and what about the endless Souls burning in a lake of Fire with Satan and the Demons of Hell?  That too would not be for their punishment...but would be for HIS pleasure...

I'll take Nothing...with a side order of Nothing please.

• Haha 2

• The topic was locked