Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires... Real or not?

moongirl90

I think vampires are real. I mean they've been around for millions of years. Think about it. There's books about them and movies. Or that commercial for the Ritz crackers. So I think they are real. I always read about them. I would like to know if there are actually some vampires out there. One of my friend thinks i'm really weird for thinking they are real. I may be weird but i really don't care.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arsenik

• jobot37

• psyche101

• Janiel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First, vampires have NOT been around for millions of years. Humans as we know them (Homo sapiens sapiens) have existed for less than half a million years. Furthermore, prior to maybe 12,000 years ago there were no permanant settlements where a vampire could exist to feed.

Second, just because something is in books and movies does not make it real. Batman is in many books and movies, but he is not real. Neither are talking bears, dancing pigs or singing fish.

I'm not saying you shouldn't believe that vampires exist, but you should believe for a better reason than a cracker commercial.

I agree with Space Moose. rolleyes.gif Vampires aren't real, other then ppl who have a thing for blood, but aren't actually supernatural vampires.

Indeed, there was a really bizzare program on TV once about these people who had to drink blood for some reason due to a deficiancy in their own body of something, and of course there are people who do actually burn in sunlight, but as for vampires I won't entertain it until one came up and bit me in the face (or should I say neck?)

Neither are talking bears, dancing pigs or singing fish.

Rather presumptuous statement, coming from a Space Moose, if you ask me. ohmy.gifblink.gif

tongue.gif

Rather presumptuous statement, coming from a Space Moose, if you ask me.

OH NO!!! What if that means I don't exist? That would be awful. Unless I still had e-mail, that would make it alright I guess.

As for those people that need to drink blood, I have never heard of that. I was always under the impression that excessive consumption of blood could lead to some medical conditions. I suppose if it was a choice between being dead and living with a sore throat, I could learn to live with a sore throat. I would hope a pill had been made to help those people out by now.

• 1 month later...

I believe in every paranormal term there is except for two, Mermaids and Vampires. The usual fang-bearing, paled skin vampire that you see on TV was born out the the mold of DRACULA , which himself has been bought about in different variations by Hollyweerd since the transformation from Bram Stoker's original novel.

There was though, a schitzophrenic romanian prince that existed in the 1700s i think??I dont know maybe some one can clear that up.

He was a heredic heair to the throne so nobody really questioned his rule, even when he went about impaling people by the hundreds ( most of whom were his own people and only some were enemy soldiers) to disencourage the Turkish soldiers.Some people say that he actually it as a hobby!

You guys all know this story right?

And i dont think he ended up dying impaled himself, so theres an aobvious mix up there.He was the one who originally went around impaling people rather than impalement being his destruction..

His name was Vlad the impaler blah blah blah...he owns what is now a haunted castle..blah blah

I have never heard of vampire sightings. Only the romanian "Strigoi" the spirits of dead people who avenge their deaths by taking forms of animals..ok i think im getting off topic..but yah ROmania is a very interesting place!

You are talking about Vlad Tepes a Romanian Prince, who liked to dine whilst turkish soldier/slave were writhing on impaled stakes. He was son of Dracul (which means Dragon I think) hence Dracul'a (son of Dracul) which I think also incidentally means 'the devil'.

I just wish they did exist so I could hunt them!!!!!

Favourite quote from Blade II, in vampiric may I add,

"Obirgii.... je negru obirgii......"

which means "Vampires... I hate vampires..."

But if I was a Vampire hunter, it would be nowhere near that damned Buffy. That teen crap sickens me. It would be like John Carpenter's Vampires, like when they skewer that vampire through the gut with a harpoon chained to a car, and they drag it outside the house so that the sunlight destroys it? Class!

I never like Buffy either. I wish Anne Rice type vampires existed, they seem alot more personable.

Vlad's castle is haunted with evil spirits. I dont know if it is kept in the castle,

but he had an amulet thats name translated to "the order of the dragon"

which is considered his liscense to kill.I ve heard from a few souces about it and also saw it on TV.Its cursed of course.

I know this is probably a stupied question, but could someone please awnser it for me. Is there any hard evidence that vampires really do exsist? besides what everyone has herd through movies , books and television?

Vampire's mum.... i have to say yes!!! Vampire does exist but not now in 2003 i mean in the past , yes which mean not like (homo sapien) i mean like in middle age or B.C. sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

They also have ritz commercials with actual crackers jumping around, but it doesn't make me believe in them either wink.gif I think it all started as a mix up in reality and spread from there. Who knows....maybe I am talking out my **** and should hang some garlic on my window tonite...just to be safe.. blink.gifgrin2.gif

unsure.gif What me and Halo don't exist but we have proof and it's day time...and we have the teeth.... whistling.gifw00t.gif

Halo___Celti_012.jpg

laugh.gif @ Celti Ahhhhhh!! You've given away our secret, now noone else will want to meet up with us. rolleyes.gifwhistling.gifgrin2.gif

I don't think that true immortal blood-sucking vampires exist, but here is a link to another famous 'vampire' Countess Elizabeth Bathory. This was one scary lady. When the site comes up click on the "Biography" link on the left-hand side. This is one of the more detailed accounts of her life. Check it out at:

Elizabeth Bathory Link

user posted image

Strangely enough, while I wholeheartedly accept the existence of vampires; I completely refuse to believe in Ritz Crackers, and think anyone who does so is both childish and naive.

However, I'm open to the existence of both Rich Tea and Chocolate Digestives, given suitable photographic evidence.

Grrr my post has not survived the move.

Once again vampirism can be looked at as common fear from not knowing the diseases behind the purpose of doing things a certain way.

Anemia, the simplified version there are many. The blood in our bodies is composed of three types of cells (red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets) that circulate throughout the body. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin , a red, iron-rich protein that carries oxygen from the lungs to all of the body's muscles and organs. Oxygen provides the energy the body needs for all of its normal activities. Anemia occurs when the number of red blood cells (or the hemoglobin in them) falls below normal and the body gets less oxygen and therefore has less energy than it needs to function properly. In medevil times the two most common ways to treat for it was to consume items that were high in iron, ie blood and meat preferably rare. Although eating dirt is another way to aquire the needed minerals your body needs.

Xeroderma Pigmentosum, Wide range of symptoms include blistering or freckling on minimum sun exposure, premature aging of skin, lips, eyes, mouth and tongue; with increased cancers in these same areas.

Blindness resulting from eye lesions or surgery for skin lesions close to the eyes progressive neurological complications including: developmental disabilities mental retardation high frequency hearing loss, progressing to deafness. It is a genetic disorder and there is also no known cure as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

laugh.giflaugh.gif @ both MM and Aslans posts

As someone who knows people who think that they are genuinely Vampires (hey i'm a goth whaddya expect??), i can tell yo ufor certain that the don't exist - not in the classical sense anyway. There is a case for Psychic vampires - but i wouldn't call them that - emotional vampires would be a better term.

you wanted to know if vampires exist. well, that depends on the type of vampire you are asking about. if you want to know if there are centuries old persons out there drinking blood to stay alive, i do not believe there are. however, there are individuals, human/mortal persons who drain energy from living things. they are called psychic vampires. i have encoutered these persons, so that is why i believe they exist. ohmy.gif

I never gave the existence of vampires much thought until recently. Having read a book by Tom Slemen called Haunted Cheshire, I'm not so sure they don't exist. One chapter concerns a possible case of vampirism in Winsford and seems particularly plausible, particularly since it involved a psychologist.

I don't want to take the bread out of a writer's mouth, so I won't quote the text (6 pages out of 144). It's worth reading though, and has some good, scary modern ghost stories among the contents.

there is a medical condition, though rare, where a person actually craves blood because of a deficiancy in their own blood. however, though they may drink blood, or take medicine to correct the problem, they are not a vampire in the sense that blood makes them live longer by retarding aging.

also, there have been cases where people have killed just for the blood of others to drink under the assumption that it would retard aging. as far as i know, it has not been proven. there are people who do not crave blood, but like the idea that surrounds the vampire look, and imitate it as far as they can, and acutually injest blood of others. but as far as the vampire itself i do not believe exist in the classic sense. also, if they did exist, i do not believe they would be immune from diseases of the blood.