Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires... Real or not?

moongirl90

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arsenik

• jobot37

• psyche101

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many lies in this world today, that there is nothing to believe in. The conspiracys of the goverment covering up area 51. Lifez out in the universe. Gods, Myths and other such things. We have not seen any of it with our own eyes but knowing it as fact in our own minds.

Vampires are in almost every horror film, where do they even come abouts with the name vampire. There are no evidence that vampires exist, even if you were to see one and nobody would believe you. The governments would probably cover it up.

Or maby its all lies.. they just want to make things up to make life a little bit more interenting.

There are no evidence that vampires exist, even if you were to see one and nobody would believe you. 

There is a lot of things out there that exist where evidence of their existance is lacking. Take black holes for example. Evidence of their exitance has only recently came to light. It was only a theory before. However, I do not believe there are immortal beings draining the blood of the living to stay alive, I do beleive in what is commonly called the psychic vampire. This person basically drains energy from living things, but it will not in my opinion extend life. Just my opinion.

The governments would probably  cover it up.

Or maby its all lies.. they just want to make things up to make life a little bit more interenting.

If the governments wanted to cover up something, they would not want to make life more interesting, but rather more dull. Again, just my Opinion.

There are also other medical conditions that can be thought of as attributing to the vampire myth:

The Fangs.

Medically this is shown in hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia, it is a genetic disorder that causes the teeth to grow in such a way as to make them short and blunt, apart from the canines, that are longer in appearance.

The Bite Wounds.

This could be caused by the skin condition pemphigus vulgaris, it gave rise to lesions, that looked like bite marks.

The Dripping Blood - from the mouth.

This can be attributed to morphea, that makes blood coloured lesions on the lower lip.

Sensitive To Light.

Porphyria, Sezary’s Syndrome or polymorphic light eruption could have accounted for this symptom.

The Long Nails.

When someone dies, the skin around the fingers and hair follicles will retract giving the appearance that the nails and hair have grown.

The New Skin.

When someone dies, the skin starts to peel off, as it decays, this makes it look as if a new layer had grown and the vampire was shedding the old skin.

The Red Skin.

The vampire would have red skin as if it had just filled itself with blood, this was caused by a breakdown of the internal organs, and as such it looks red.

• 2 weeks later...

I know people who get together once in a while to drink eachother's blood. Maybe they were comon and some guy decided to make up stories and stuff about them pretending they're evil and people went along with them, adding things about them like how they can turn into bats. I don't know...

Vampires stories come from many different cultures, so chances are, something similar existed.

I don't believe that vampires were immortal and would die if exposed to sunlight, but I do believe that vampire groups existed. It's very possible that they were a type of cult. They could have used objects to sharpen their teeth (rocks maybe?). I believe that they were a quick, and stealthy group of individuals who only went out at night, and sucked the blood of other people due to some kind of religious belief they had. No one ever figured out who they were, and so they were never caught. And as younger members took over the cult, and the generations continued, it brought up the myth that they were immortal (because there was no way of knowing if they died or not , since they were not known by the public, as vampires). Uhm...that's all I have to say.

Ive got a detailed account of several vampires in my book...but its downstairs....and Ive been browsing this forum for hours...and its 4am...and Im scared sendless O_O

But tomorrow, Ill go get it and post it for you guys...

Here we go...

December 1969, a bunch of wannabe Necromancers broke into a graveyard in Highgate, London. They painted voodoo symbols about the place and started chanting rites and such.

The record states that they broke into one family crypt and every last one of them ran off when they found a "tall 8 foot wirey cloaked being, which emerged from the hole that lead to the family catacombs"

The next sighting of the same being came in January 1970 when a motorist, passing the cemetary experienced engine trouble. He popped the bonnet and opened it but reported a "tall shadowy figure, watching him through the gates to the cemetary"

He ran without closing the bonnet.

The vampire story gained substance and in march 1970, a teacher named 'Alan Blood' declared himself an official Vampire hunter and rallied a bunch of supporters to lay waste to the vampire, settng off on Friday the 13th.

The rampage did nothing but cause £9000 worth of damage including the theft of 5 lead coffins and the body of one woman.

December 1970, another self-appointed vampire hunter was caught trespassing int he cemetary, tried for criminal damage but released on a technicality.

The vampire hasnt been reported since, but becomming less and less believable each time.

(shouts to my girl Claire for the vast majority of this...I got my own report coming but mine is more speculatory)

Vampires are a bit outside my box of believability, as are fairies, elves, unicorns, and other such fantasy mish mash. Ritz crackers, on the other hand, are tasty.

Vampires are a bit outside my box of believability, as are fairies, elves, unicorns, and other such fantasy mish mash. Ritz crackers, on the other hand, are tasty.

What I wanna know is why?

I mean...sure vampires are a bit far, but whats so unbeluevable about faries, elves and the other stuff you mentionned...

And ritz crackers are tasty, but Apples are yummy

I mean...sure vampires are a bit far, but whats so unbeluevable about faries, elves and the other stuff you mentionned...

Vampires are a bit far fetched but unicorns aren't ? What kind of reality are you living in ?

aslan, i belive that i read somewhere that there were horse like animals witha single horn like fature of its head. maybe when people found the skulls of these ancient cretures the myth arose

Vampires are a bit far fetched but unicorns aren't ? What kind of reality are you living in ?

I mean in terms of how likely they could be to exist...ot...something, I kno what I mean I just cant get it across...

A horse with a horn...thats more possible than a corpse who kills people and drains their blood for sustinance.

or something...

Vampires might just be a psychological thing... The human mind is very powerful... Also, I've heard of people being extremely sensitive to sunlight, perhaps that might have added to it.

Vampires Are Real i do believe.. they don't have to be somthing with super natural powers.. maybe somone that craves blood or whatnot.. Its possible somone can drink anothers blood.. isn't it?.. huh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I think vampires are real. I mean they've been around for millions of years. Think about it. There's books about them and movies. Or that commercial for the Ritz crackers. So I think they are real. I always read about them. I would like to know if there are actually some vampires out there. One of my friend thinks i'm really weird for thinking they are real. I may be weird but i really don't care.

ill tell u 1 thing vampires do not exist if they did there would be lots of thing about them in the news and if they are real they said that vampires arent mythical creatures(from what ive been hearin)they are humans just like us who have a very unique desease which most of u people call "Bloodlust"itz a kind of deseace that makes you want to drink blood i. they say that u can only get it by gettin bitten by a vampire and them not sucking all your blood or just to be born as 1.Second vampires CAN go take a walk in the morning which most of u dont believe for they are just mere humans like us they also dont have super human speed they are just normal breathin humans who have deseases but this isnt a fact so i cant tell u to go and believe it for this is some theories(by the way it all started in transyvania and they cant transforn either)

I tend to think there is something true to the myth of the vampire. I know that in New England there was a large scare that resulted in the desicration of many graves and the decapitation of many bodies.

I wish I could remember the details...it was a long time ago I saw the report on Sightings and I read up on it.

BTW Celti and Halo name the place you wanna meet and I'll bring the type O tongue.gif

I know people who get together once in a while to drink eachother's blood. Maybe they were comon and some guy decided to make up stories and stuff about them pretending they're evil and people went along with them, adding things about them like how they can turn into bats. I don't know...

Same here. My uncle is an extreme goth and he does that with his friends at a night club for goths that he helps run in the city.

well I had a friend tell me about something on the discovery channel about people that need blood to survive yes probably because of the certain deficiency of hemoglobin, but they also eat real food too, he seems to think that I am one blink.gif

I have to admit it kind of would be cool if they were real, but hey I am an Anne Rice fan grin2.gif

I think they're possible, and have probably been in the past. Of course not exactly like the movies, we all have our own ideas though. Don't think a bite will make you one.

I think they're animated corpses drivin by a spirit, just like a possession I guess of sorts.

• 1 month later...

Nope. My step-dad says he knew a guy who claimed to be one. I suppose you could be more specific. Do you mean someone who drinks blood for whatever reason, or someone who is immortal/undead and drinks blood along with any number of other nifty skills.