Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV skit: "71% of liberals want NK talks to fail"

RoofGardener

@Vlad the Mighty posted this in a status update... but I think it deserves its own thread ? 

In a TV show, 75% of the audience (which was - somehow - deemed to be 'liberal' or "left") stated that they would prefer the NK talks to fail, rather than for Trump to get credit for their success. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-15/tv-poll-71-liberals-dont-want-peace-north-korea-because-trump-would-take-credit

I'm assuming this can't POSSIBLY be true ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

@Vlad the Mighty posted this in a status update... but I think it deserves its own thread ? 

In a TV show, 75% of the audience (which was - somehow - deemed to be 'liberal' or "left") stated that they would prefer the NK talks to fail, rather than for Trump to get credit for their success. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-15/tv-poll-71-liberals-dont-want-peace-north-korea-because-trump-would-take-credit

Haven't time to read that *ahem* 'source' right now but first thought in my mind was - is it that they would prefer talks to fail or is it that they think talks will fail? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It's a statistic based on a small group asked as a joke on a comedy show.  

I think it is pretty safe to say it should not be taken seriously. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kismit said:

It's a statistic based on a small group asked as a joke on a comedy show.  

This is factually true - but I do think it reflects what is going on generally - and those who are irrevocably against Trump
do not welcome anything that might show they are wrong in the way they '''feel''' - because this throws them into confusion...

I think it is pretty safe to say it should not be taken seriously. 

I think in general, comedy being used as a wing of political propaganda should be taken seriously...
because it operates under the radar and can seep into the minds of people who are susceptible...

for example... the subject is discussed in this article about Saturday Night Live....

(Deep State is another name for Shadow Government or any group / individual seeking to affect the politics of
a Nation who operate outside the democratic process..... just adding this as my own interpretation because 
sometimes people can get a bit.... dismissive of any mention of ''''Deep State''' ) 

https://www.intellihub.com/saturday-night-live-is-now-a-propaganda-outlet-for-the-deep-state/

Since the election of Donald Trump, the once funny sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL) has increasingly become one of the main establishment outlets used to push deep state propaganda into the minds of the America people.

SNL really took things to another level this past Saturday with multiple segments dedicated to not only attacking Trump and his family but also the very idea of an alternative media outside the control of the deep state.

Edited by bee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There has always been political satire and people enjoy it and when it's well done it's genuinely funny - 

People from the UK* will remember Spitting Image... :) 

We love to poke fun at political characters... but sometimes the poking fun morphs into something more
is very one sided and tips into areas of psychological manipulation... and perception management..... IMO

*over a certain age ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bee said:

This is factually true - but I do think it reflects what is going on generally - and those who are irrevocably against Trump
do not welcome anything that might show they are wrong in the way they '''feel''' - because this throws them into confusion...

I think in general, comedy being used as a wing of political propaganda should be taken seriously...
because it operates under the radar and can seep into the minds of people who are susceptible...

for example... the subject is discussed in this article about Saturday Night Live....

(Deep State is another name for Shadow Government or any group / individual seeking to affect the politics of
a Nation who operate outside the democratic process..) 

https://www.intellihub.com/saturday-night-live-is-now-a-propaganda-outlet-for-the-deep-state/

Since the election of Donald Trump, the once funny sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL) has increasingly become one of the main establishment outlets used to push deep state propaganda into the minds of the America people.

SNL really took things to another level this past Saturday with multiple segments dedicated to not only attacking Trump and his family but also the very idea of an alternative media outside the control of the deep state.

It is a sample of people who like Michelle Wolf humour replying to a joke.

You can think or feel or believe what ever you wish to.  But this is not proof of anything. 

If you wanted to use this limited sample of pre prejudiced people you could equally claim that over  a quater of extreme liberals hope Donald Trump is successful. 

True. Those politically against a sitting president will pretty much bastardize anything he/she does.

Very common in politics, Republican or Democrat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pallidin said:

True. Those politically against a sitting president will pretty much bastardize anything he/she does.

Very common in politics, Republican or Democrat.

You do see the irony in this as an argument based on the reporting in the original linked story don't you?

Perhaps not.

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Perhaps not.

The story claims this poll is a serious source to be considered, when in actuality,  it is a trumped-up story designed to make all liberals look bad.

It is pretty much nonsense, dressed up as news, that has been bastardized(to use the same term) to alienate an entire political faction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kismit said:

The story claims this poll is a serious source to be considered, when in actuality,  it is a trumped-up story designed to make all liberals look bad.

It is pretty much nonsense, dressed up as news, that has been bastardized(to use the same term) to alienate an entire political faction.

seems to be a lot of that about - *cough...fake news...cough....MSM...

:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bee said:

seems to be a lot of that about - *cough...fake news...cough....MSM...

:P

Yes there is. A lot of outrage inspiring headlines with no substance.

This story is a prime example of it.

• Like 2

In spite of the article I posted about Saturday Night Live - discussing how it seems to be straying into areas of political propaganda
rather than balanced political satire... SNL can still be funny --- I don't see a lot of it but this sketch about Sean Spicer when he was
Press Secretary to the White House made me laugh... it hilariously picked up on his aggressively defensive manner -
(He's gone now... probably high blood pressure... ^_^...)

Sean Spicer Press Conference (Melissa McCarthy) - SNL

Few of my leftist leaning friends want the same, they consider nk and China as the last bastion of hope for communism and usually argue that the suffering of those nations are due to capitalism. That being said even if the deal goes through left will consider this to be the vision and ambition of kim Jong. 

• Like 1

This was a skit on a comedy show, it wasn't a proper poll - the audience even laughed when the result came up.

These results cannot be taken seriously.

This is a prime example of how fake news starts - people don't think about where the information actually came from.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• The title was changed to TV skit: "71% of liberals want NK talks to fail"

This poll reflects the exact sentiment we see on the left leaning news sites. They are openly cheerleading for failure. They have been condemning Trump for even trying. 

Joke or not this poll is sadly very accurate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, preacherman76 said:

This poll reflects the exact sentiment we see on the left leaning news sites. They are openly cheerleading for failure. They have been condemning Trump for even trying. 

Joke or not this poll is sadly very accurate.

It is an excellent example of a story being twisted to grasp the outrage of those who want to hate anything liberal or left leaning. 

There is absolutely no science behind this poll. Calling it accurate is absurd.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

This poll reflects the exact sentiment we see on the left leaning news sites. They are openly cheerleading for failure. They have been condemning Trump for even trying. Joke or not this poll is sadly very accurate.

Left-leaning sites criticize Trump, right-leaning sites criticize liberals.

Neither represent a balanced viewpoint or have any bearing on the accuracy or otherwise of this poll.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Left-leaning sites criticize Trump, right-leaning sites criticize liberals.

Neither represent a balanced viewpoint or have any bearing on the accuracy or otherwise of this poll.

Accept folks on the left follow those news sites, and often parrot their conclusions. 

We see it right here on UM all the time. There are a decent size group of people right here who support every word of the left leaning MSM. And vice verse to be fair. 

I think this really exposes a bigger problem.  Folks just aren’t thinking for themselves in many cases. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kismit said:

It is an excellent example of a story being twisted to grasp the outrage of those who want to hate anything liberal or left leaning. 

There is absolutely no science behind this poll. Calling it accurate is absurd.

How? Have you seen the coverage on this subject from msm? It obvious failure is exactly what they are hoping for. For the same exact reason. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I think this really exposes a bigger problem.  Folks just aren’t thinking for themselves in many cases. 

Agreed, it's important for people to ask a lot more questions and not accept headlines like this one at face value.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

How? Have you seen the coverage on this subject from msm? It obvious failure is exactly what they are hoping for. For the same exact reason. 

Preacherman, 

Here is a very recent story from a liberal comedy show.

I highly recommend you watch it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Saru said:

Agreed, it's important for people to ask a lot more questions and not accept headlines like this one at face value.

I’m not taking it at face value. Im expressing what I have directly seen with my own eyes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Preacherman, 

Here is a very recent story from a liberal comedy show.

I highly recommend you watch it.

No can do. This guy is the exact type of person I’m talking about. According to him the president is about the worst person on the planet. 

I watched about 5 minutes of his first show and could tell right away he is all about hate. Every time I’ve seen him just passing through the channels he is bashing Trump. Every single time. This guy is the definition of a us verse them mentally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No can do. This guy is the exact type of person I’m talking about. According to him the president is about the worst person on the planet. 

I watched about 5 minutes of his first show and could tell right away he is all about hate. Every time I’ve seen him just passing through the channels he is bashing Trump. Every single time. This guy is the definition of a us verse them mentally. 

Yikes thats a scary head in the sand mentality you've got going. Kismit just posted a link to "MSM" or liberal media or whatever you want to call it where they give credit to Trump for the talks and you refused to look at it because it may dispel your own biased belief system ….sad man sad 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4