Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV skit: "71% of liberals want NK talks to fail"

RoofGardener

42 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No can do. This guy is the exact type of person I’m talking about. According to him the president is about the worst person on the planet. 

I watched about 5 minutes of his first show and could tell right away he is all about hate. Every time I’ve seen him just passing through the channels he is bashing Trump. Every single time. This guy is the definition of a us verse them mentally. 

You obviously didn't watch this then?

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Yikes thats a scary head in the sand mentality you've got going. Kismit just posted a link to "MSM" or liberal media or whatever you want to call it where they give credit to Trump for the talks and you refused to look at it because it may dispel your own biased belief system ….sad man sad 

Its cause I will in no way support the host of the show who is on a constant Trump bashing brigade. He isn't worth my time. Apparently I'm not worth his either, considering the vile things he has said about folks like myself. I'd just assume see people like that go away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

You obviously didn't watch this then?

No I didn't. Not because of the guest, but because of the host. I'm not going to support anyone who openly expresses as much hate as he does.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No I didn't. Not because of the guest, but because of the host. I'm not going to support anyone who openly expresses as much hate as he does.

Don't you watch Alex Jones? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

From time to time.

Just now, preacherman76 said:

From time to time.

So its not really about supporting anyone who openly expresses hate its simply about not supporting anyone who expresses hate for the leader you like. 

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So its not really about supporting anyone who openly expresses hate its simply about not supporting anyone who expresses hate for the leader you like. 

I'd say he more expresses anger. Not all anger is unjustified.

Just now, preacherman76 said:

I'd say he more expresses anger. Not all anger is unjustified.

Wait so Dude on the daily show is expressing "hate", yet Jones is expressing anger? 

You honestly don't believe there is any legitimate reason to be angry at the Trump administration? 

43 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Wait so Dude on the daily show is expressing "hate", yet Jones is expressing anger? 

You honestly don't believe there is any legitimate reason to be angry at the Trump administration? 

Basically yes. Unfounded hate at that. According to this guy I myself might as well be a kkk member.

Bombing Syria was a bad thing. Aside from that, no not at all. Especially in comparison to every other president I've seen in my life time. At least he doesn't say things he has no intention of even trying accomplish.  Do you see any reason to be happy with it?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Basically yes. Unfounded hate at that.

So legitimate reasons to be angry at all? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

According to this guy I myself might as well be a kkk member.

You say that but you also say you never watch …..hmmmmmmm 

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Bombing Syria was a bad thing. Aside from that, no not at all.

Sure encouraging racists, encouraging police violence, removing civil rights protections, changing our asylum laws so families fleeing cartels can be torn apart at the border, constant CONSTANT lying, the immature insults , the absurd use of executive orders, tax cuts for the rich, nah none of that is a legitimate reason to be angry :tu::lol: 

Man you're really delving into some scary totalitarian style hero worship territory here. 

Dissent is hate, people who dissent must be the enemy, cant listen to opposing viewpoints because theyre from the enemy, and best of all people who share your viewpoints can do no wrong. 

Man you've played the "what happened to my friend" card with me multiple times. I think this is my turn. 

I think this thread does show how effective "fake news" is at influencing people.  People may think they are immune to influence, but think of the reaction this skit garnered just on this forum.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

@Vlad the Mighty posted this in a status update... but I think it deserves its own thread ? 

In a TV show, 75% of the audience (which was - somehow - deemed to be 'liberal' or "left") stated that they would prefer the NK talks to fail, rather than for Trump to get credit for their success. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-15/tv-poll-71-liberals-dont-want-peace-north-korea-because-trump-would-take-credit

I'm assuming this can't POSSIBLY be true ? 

Japan invaded then annexed Korea. WW2 occurred, Japan lost, but Korea didnt get its independence.

The USA rolled in and took over the south establishing its capitalist sphere of influence. The USSR rolled in and took over the North treating them to Communism. The Communists tried to out the capitalists and nearly succeeded, the US led a counter force nearly defeating the north, China jumped in pushing them back down the peninsula, and today a ceasefire exists along the 38th parallel.

Today North Korea does not trust the USA, it fears them instead. Their rampant paranoia is flamed further by military exercises near their borders. So they made nuclear weapons. The naïve liberals think that we need to break North Korea so they come to the table with their tails between their legs offering surrender to our way of doing things. They have their backs against the wall and all we have been doing over the last 70 years is pushing their backs against the wall even harder.

We will not break North Korean resolve, no matter how many decades we try too. Instead diplomacy is needed to bring them into the fold. And how ironic, that the guy the liberals were saying would destroy the world if get became US president is doing that.

The US has correctly made the first move by not demanding the immediate destruction of North Koreas nuclear weapons program. Now we wait for the North Koreans to make overtures back. Back and forth it will be a gradual process until trust is established both ways.

Nobel peace prize to Trump.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

I will say something that I hear all the time here: "Whataboutism"

But it's ok because that Trevor guy makes his living (like all the others on "Late night" TV) bashing Trump.

Yes, I watched the entire clip even though I didn't find it informative nor did I find it amusing. I see Trevor as a PG-13 Bill Maher.

No doubt a large portion of Americans want to see Trump fail. There is no question about it, and to quibble about numbers and so-called phony polls is irrelevant.

As painful as it is to some people, Trump is making strides towards peace with NK.

• Like 5

So legitimate reasons to be angry at all? :lol: 

You say that but you also say you never watch …..hmmmmmmm 

Sure encouraging racists, encouraging police violence, removing civil rights protections, changing our asylum laws so families fleeing cartels can be torn apart at the border, constant CONSTANT lying, the immature insults , the absurd use of executive orders, tax cuts for the rich, nah none of that is a legitimate reason to be angry :tu::lol: 

Man you're really delving into some scary totalitarian style hero worship territory here. 

Dissent is hate, people who dissent must be the enemy, cant listen to opposing viewpoints because theyre from the enemy, and best of all people who share your viewpoints can do no wrong. 

Man you've played the "what happened to my friend" card with me multiple times. I think this is my turn. 

Well it depends on perspective. We don't see most of these things in the same light you do. Or at least the light MSM has told you to see them.

Personally I don't waste time on the little things like him insulting someone. I ask is the country moving in the right direction, or at least is it still moving in the wrong direction? The economy is beginning to thrive. We aren't going to give away hundreds of billions and millions of jobs to countries who would pollute far worse then we would. Groups like ISIS all but defeated. Finally some restrain on the flow of people who are costing the tax payers here billions in welfare. We finally have someone who wont let other countries rape us on trade deals. Minority unemployment at an all time low. Possible real peace with NK.  I'm not willing to reverse all that cause people are offended over perceived "racism". Especially to support people who think everything is racist.

NTM we finally have someone who thinks human sex trafficking is a big deal that deserves a lot of resources. That alone, to me makes this all more then worth it.

We have to have control over our boarders. Otherwise what's to stop the entirety of South America from rushing in? We can't take in a million "refugees" a year man. We cant afford who we already have taken in.

He didn't give tax breaks "to the rich" he actually raised taxes on the rich by eliminating loopholes. He gave tax breaks to corporations, of which people need for jobs. And in turn many are giving raises, and hiring more people. Perhaps you'd rather these companies continued to just leave?   If we want higher paying, and more jobs, I don't see how else it could have been done. This helped every small business as well, and set the stage for many more small businesses to start.

I hold the same position I always have. Globalist are trying to destroy this country through several means. I see most of those means being shut down. His good FAR out weighs his bad.

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I will say something that I hear all the time here: "Whataboutism"

But it's ok because that Trevor guy makes his living (like all the others on "Late night" TV) bashing Trump.

Yes, I watched the entire clip even though I didn't find it informative nor did I find it amusing. I see Trevor as a PG-13 Bill Maher.

No doubt a large portion of Americans want to see Trump fail. There is no question about it, and to quibble about numbers and so-called phony polls is irrelevant.

As painful as it is to some people, Trump is making strides towards peace with NK.

Yea I watched it to a few minutes ago. Of course the final outcome is, if I don't want to see say the UK continue to let in millions more people from third world countries, who have dramatically risen the violent crime rates in every place they settle, I'm a racist.

Thanks for the enlightenment lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I think this thread does show how effective "fake news" is at influencing people.  People may think they are immune to influence, but think of the reaction this skit garnered just on this forum.

How so? Are you saying MSM isn't openly cheerleading for Trump to fail? Not only with NK, but in anything he does. Are you saying there isn't millions of people who follow these outlets, and agree with what they say? What is fake about this? The left does want Trump to fail, that is a fact.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think they're getting it wrong.

We already know that they've failed. 

All he did was stroke and legitimize a murderous dictator, and he got nothing in return for it. 

Edited by ChaosRose

37 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All he did was stroke and legitimize a murderous dictator, and he got nothing in return for it. 

They haven't even officially gone to the table yet. They have only agreed on a platform for future talks.

Thanks for proving my point though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

They haven't even officially gone to the table yet. They have only agreed on a platform for future talks.

My bar was extremely low for these talks.

My best hope was that he wouldn't say something stupid and get us bombed, and we're still all here. 

So I breathed a sigh of relief.

It's stupid to have called him honorable, but at least he didn't call him Rocket Man to his face. 

Things could always be worse.

Edited by ChaosRose

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Maybe you missed the part where Trump tried to tell everyone NK had denuclearized already...and people are nominating him for the Nobel.

And he's done absolutely nothing. 

Edited by ChaosRose

How did everyone feel when they saw the US flags intermingled with the NK flags?

Just wondered.

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

How so? Are you saying MSM isn't openly cheerleading for Trump to fail? Not only with NK, but in anything he does. Are you saying there isn't millions of people who follow these outlets, and agree with what they say? What is fake about this? The left does want Trump to fail, that is a fact.

The answer to your question is in your own post: Are you saying there isn't millions of people who follow these outlets, and agree with what they say?

Yet the originating news is from a very small closed group at a comedy skit.

Let me recap: Fake story generated- millions of people follow outlet and agree with what they say- take action based on interpretation of fake story.

That action can take the form of voting for a candidate or posting on a forum.

• Like 1

Maybe we should define what peace looks like. 

Peace is not giving a murderous dictator everything he wants, and then getting nothing in return. 

I remember when Obama just hinted that he might actually talk to our enemies, and Republican heads exploded. 

Now, we're looking at our flags intermingled with NK flags, and everyone's like...give Trump the Nobel.