Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrifying moment tourist tries to pat a lion

Still Waters

THIS is the terrifying moment a foolhardy tourist tried to stroke a ravenous lion from a car — and was met with the full force of the beast’s fury.

Shocking footage shows the reckless tourist reaching out of a safari vehicle to give the big cat’s a pat of the back.

The fully-grown beast then turns around and bares its fangs and roars in displeasure — forcing one terrified passenger to yelp “close the window”.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/terrifying-moment-a-tourist-on-safari-in-south-africa-reaches-out-the-window-and-pats-a-wild-lion/news-story/ce6dc50964dc79ad49adfbadab02983d

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Hold on, leave it to the Fench to top this sort of dimness.. with child on arm.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Phaeton80 said:

Hold on, leave it to the Fench to top this sort of dimness.. with child on arm.

We have a thread about that.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/317939-tourists-chased-by-cheetahs-after-leaving-car/

The mind boggles at what some people do around wild animals.

• Like 3

Of all the dumbass................

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

How can an adult have been THAT sheltered all his life?  You have to know that this guy was told not to do things like that, yet he thinks he can treat a predator like a kitten?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, and then said:

How can an adult have been THAT sheltered all his life?  You have to know that this guy was told not to do things like that, yet he thinks he can treat a predator like a kitten?  

:blink: You need to come up to Rowan with me on Sundays and you no longer will be surprised..........

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

:blink: You need to come up to Rowan with me on Sundays and you no longer will be surprised..........

Nah, man, the older I get, the more I just want to slap people like that - posing as adults and getting away with it until their flavor of stupidity gets an innocent hurt or killed.  Don't get me wrong, I've done some stupid stuff in my life but trying to pet a predator cat that outweighs me by a factor of 4 or 5?  Dude has a serious neural disconnect goin' on there.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, and then said:

Nah, man, the older I get, the more I just want to slap people like that

That's why I take a walk now when the tourists stop by the mill. I always have suburban dummies telling me about their chainsaw fails and I just want to punch them out.

• Haha 2

I'm shocked that this tourist is a millennial! [sarcasm]

The smartphone zombie generation appear to have not one brain between them.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, acute said:

I'm shocked that this tourist is a millennial.  [sarcasm]

The smartphone zombie generation don't appear to have one brain between them!

We think we live above Nature. Bullcrap, we are part of it, and they are already starting to Darwin themselves out....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

We think we live above Nature. Bullcrap, we are part of it, and they are already starting to Darwin themselves out....

I have to say when I was a bit younger I was pretty cavalier when it came to Grizzlies, black bears and mountain lions. I remember walking to the school but. Yup through the woods and stopping to watch two cubs in a tree, pretty dumb. Oh and no it wasn't up hill both ways just coming home, it was all up hill.   2 km walk just to catch a bus. The lucky thing we had a bushman that I only met a few times but he would load wood on a toboggan and plow a path through the trail we used.  

• Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

I have to say when I was a bit younger I was pretty cavalier when it came to Grizzlies, black bears and mountain lions. I remember walking to the school but. Yup through the woods and stopping to watch two cubs in a tree, pretty dumb. Oh and no it wasn't up hill both ways just coming home, it was all up hill.   2 km walk just to catch a bus. The lucky thing we had a bushman that I only met a few times but he would load wood on a toboggan and plow a path through the trail we used.  

Yeah, my friend Chris, Kenny and I would walk right out to watch the black bears eat Ocean Spray's soybeans, blueberries and cranberries. I think you might remember that thread from 12 years back when I was playing camera tag with a cougar with cubs. 

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Yeah, my friend Chris, Kenny and I would walk right out to watch the black bears eat Ocean Spray's soybeans, blueberries and cranberries. I think you might remember that thread from 12 years back when I was playing camera tag with a cougar with cubs. 

You should post another pic of that. 12 years ago I didn't even have a 5 dollar camera. When I was a kid My dad would take me to dump every Sunday. Most times I would see up to 15 black bears. I tried to hit them with the garbage bags. They didn't care but more or less said thanks for a free lunch. I was about 12 or 13 then. I have only seen 2 mountains lions in my life.However meet hundreds on Plenty of fish  lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, acute said:

He used the Predator-Mood-Scanner-App (available for Android & IOS) in advance and the app said: "cute and friendly (97,7%)"

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, and then said:

Welcome to the 21st century.

• Thanks 1

So...there's a lion outside...and you open the window?

Just that is too stupid to live territory.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Welcome to the 21st century.

He identified himself as a female lion. It didn't work

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

So...there's a lion outside...and you open the window?Just that is too stupid to live territory.

You only live once so why not right. Just kidding the guy was an idiot.

• Haha 1

“If the lion had killed this person then game rangers would probably have had to have killed it and if it was the pride male it could have serious consequences.

This is what is so wrong, the lion should never be killed because of a humans utter stupidity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

I'm shocked that this tourist is a millennial! [sarcasm]

Oh thats a bit harsh, they do have....

actually, you are right. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

It's all cute kittens on Facebook. Not a terrifying predator anywhere!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

So...there's a lion outside...and you open the window?

I would even not trust a simple window/glas in between me and such an animal. And it would have been very easy for the lion to stick his head into the car. Or his paws, which will hurt as well. The guy is one of the top ten candidates for the "2018 Global Moron Contest".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, toast said:

I would even not trust a simple window/glas in between me and such an animal. And it would have been very easy for the lion to stick his head into the car. Or his paws, which will hurt as well. The guy is one of the top ten candidates for the "2018 Global Moron Contest".

This video is pretty tame lol but it has a warning on but, broadcast on animal plant, like what the hell. Kids watch this. 

• Like 1