Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A trip to the ISS will cost you $55 million

UM-Bot

It flies over every month or so.  I think I'll just wave... :w00t:  it's cheaper.

• Haha 2

If I would win exact 55M in the lottery, I would spend it for the trip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah sure that's only pocket money.....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, toast said:

If I would win exact 55M in the lottery, I would spend it for the trip.

Seriously?  I agree that it would be a fantastic adventure but that amount of cash could fund a LOT of terrestrial adventures ;)   It makes me wonder why people like Musk, Gates, and Branson - especially Branson - don't pony up the cash and take the trip.  For 55 million, a person should get to stay for an entire crew cycle.  

Make it a family package. Do I need my passport?

IF I had that extra money, I would do it.

17 hours ago, and then said:

Seriously?  I agree that it would be a fantastic adventure but that amount of cash could fund a LOT of terrestrial adventures ;)   

IMHO there is no terrestrial adventure that would beat a trip to, and a stay on the ISS.

It makes me wonder why people like Musk, Gates, and Branson - especially Branson - don't pony up the cash and take the trip. 

Branson has his own space trip/space hotel projects and if I remember correctly he stated to join such trip when ready.

2 hours ago, toast said:

Branson has his own space trip/space hotel projects and if I remember correctly he stated to join such trip when ready.

He will fly on the first commercial spaceflight of the SpaceShipTwo, maybe later this year.

20 hours ago, and then said:

It makes me wonder why people like Musk, Gates, and Branson - especially Branson - don't pony up the cash and take the trip.

Branson has already been addressed. As for Musk, why would he pay someone $55 million to fly to the space station when NASA are paying him to fly their astronauts there?

• Thanks 1