Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Airplane in Biblical Prophecy!

Ploughboy

Isaiah 60:8,

“Who are these who fly like a cloud,
And like doves to their roosts?" (NKJV).

The Believer's Bible Commentary, which is one of the most acclaimed commentaries on the Bible in existence, interprets this verse properly:

"60:8, 9 Plane-loads of Israel's sons and exiles return to Israel like flocks of birds, along with large ships bringing their accumulated wealth with them."

The NLT places the entire verse in the context it was meant for:

“And what do I see flying like clouds to Israel,
like doves to their nests?"

The reason why Isaiah ends the verse with a question mark is because the prophecy was not meant for his generation to understand. It was meant for a certain time when people would be able to understand the verse. The key verse in understanding verse 8 is verse 3:

"The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising."

The prophecy of verse 8 could not ever have been fulfilled until verse 3 was fulfilled. The Gentiles began to come to the light during the ministry of Christ' Apostles. As the Gospel spread throughout the Gentile world, we see the first king accept Christ as his Savior. From Constantine to Charlemagne there is no doubt that Christianity has spread far and wide throughout the Gentile nations. The discovery of America is the complete fulfillment of the prophecy in verse 3. In this Christian nation, two brothers from Ohio invent the first airplane. This invention would eventually be used to fly Jews back to their homeland like doves to their young ones (i.e, "nest" or "roost", though the ancient expression is "young ones"). 

“The sons of foreigners shall build up your walls,
And their kings shall minister to you;
For in My wrath I struck you,
But in My favor I have had mercy on you" (Isa.60:10).

After the Jews fly back to Israel they have to rebuild their new lives there. Thus, the Gentile Christian nations helped them rebuild their nation. So this here is another prophecy fulfilled in chronological order. 

So for those looking for historical and scientific proof for the resurrection of Jesus Christ the proof is found in this very observable prophecy. Its a prophecy that basically says that the religion who builds the airplane is the true religion <---and that comment was more aimed at muslims as to open their eyes from the blindness that darkens them. 

Isaiah 60 Outline:

Verses 1 & 2: Christ' resurrection & ascension

Verse 3: Gentile nations and their kings turn to the light of Christ and become Christian nations.

Verse 4-7: Quality of life increases, trade and travel become easier.

Verse 8: Airplane invented by Christians in a gentile Christian nation is used to fly Jews back to Israel.

Verse 9: These Jews come from afar and from various places of the globe, bringing their accumulated wealth back to their homeland.

Verse 10: Gentile Christian nations show love for Israel and help rebuild their walls. 

The last few verses of this chapter fulfill when Jesus returns and we live in eternity prepared for us by Christ. Therefore this chapter 60 in Isaiah doesn't have en ending as eternity never ends. The chapter begins with Christ' resurrection, goes throughout all history up to the 2nd coming, and continues throughout all eternity. 

For those of you getting pounced on by radical skeptics, you can feel refreshed in your soul to know that this Jesus whom you've accepted is indeed the risen Christ and your faith in Him is not in vain. So worship the Lord with love and reverence and keep His commandments and the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Jesus is risen!

Edited by Ploughboy
  • Haha 1

Wow thats a stretch. 

Why does the bible never outright say anything, you allways have to interpret some vague verses ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Wow thats a stretch. 

Why does the bible never outright say anything, you allways have to interpret some vague verses ?

Well it might have something to do with how the word "airplane" is a modern English word and the Book of Isaiah was written in 700 B.C. in Hebrew which did not contain the word airplane. Interpreting the context of this text isn't really as hard as you think. But then I have read the Bible for many years and am used to the language and exegesis of the Bible. I did break it down some so others could understand this amazing prophecy. This prophecy is no hoax or scam nor a sensation. It really is speaking about air travel in which the scattered Jews would be flown back to Israel like doves to their nest. When they arrive the gentile Christian nations would minister to them through charitable words which would help them rebuild their nation (verse 10).

Of all the lame attempts at prophecy that was just pathetic. BTW planes don't fly like clouds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The thing about biblical prophecy is that it only ever work in retrospect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Are you a Merry Ploughboy?

• Haha 1

I love how it's considered a "proper interpretation". 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

(NKJV).

Lets pick the most inaccurate translation.......

:wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701.jpg

I would just love to shave that "Mondo Mullet" off of that clown.......

• Haha 1

Just now, Piney said:

I would just love to shave that "Mondo Mullet" off of that clown.......

You have 2 answers to spiritual things; quantum +(whatever spiritual word) and aliens. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

You have 2 answers to spiritual things; quantum +(whatever spiritual word) and aliens. 

Quantum orbs traveling through astral plane portals to make crystal crack pipes for alien channeling.....

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Lets pick the most inaccurate translation.......

:wacko:

Ah, for your information the NKJV is the most overall accurate modern translation beside the MEV. But they all read the same in Isaiah 60:8. So there is no need to make a big deal about the translation I used. Almost every Pastor I knew uses the NKJV. Those of us who understand the world of translations well enough know the NKJV is a fine modern translation. But if you are referring to the KJV is being the better then we'll be in agreement. However, the Matthew's Bible is the best of all English translations if you really want to get technical. 

Just now, Piney said:

Quantum orbs traveling through astral plane portals to make crystal crack pipes for alien channeling.....

The "star" that guided the wise men to baby Jesus, was actually a quantum fluctuation due to an alien space craft that had exited the etheric dimension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ploughboy said:

Ah, for your information the NKJV is the most overall accurate modern translation beside the MEV. But they all read the same in Isaiah 60:8. So there is no need to make a big deal about the translation I used. Almost every Pastor I knew uses the NKJV. Those of us who understand the world of translations well enough know the NKJV is a fine modern translation. But if you are referring to the KJV is being the better then we'll be in agreement. However, the Matthew's Bible is the best of all English translations if you really want to get technical. 

The Jerusalem Bible is the most accurate translation. Anybody who has actually gone to a legitimate accredited seminary knows that.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Verse 8 is in context with human forms of transportation. Everything from v.3 through v.10 is 100% human activity. Sure, its guided by the Lord but it lived out by humans as the context very clearly indicates. This is not an alien text. Yes, its a prophecy and the prophecy comes from the Lord to the Prophet Isaiah. But Isaiah is not gonna deviate from v.7 and v.9 just to insert aliens in v.8. It is improper exegesis to even consider it. I'm not being ideological about this either. Its a contextual interpretation and its about the Jews flying back to their homeland. That's the only proper way to interpret the entire context of the passage. Its not about alien.

Verse 8 is in context with human forms of transportation. Everything from v.3 through v.10 is 100% human activity. Sure, its guided by the Lord but it lived out by humans as the context very clearly indicates. This is not an alien text. Yes, its a prophecy and the prophecy comes from the Lord to the Prophet Isaiah. But Isaiah is not gonna deviate from v.7 and v.9 just to insert aliens in v.8. It is improper exegesis to even consider it. I'm not being ideological about this either. Its a contextual interpretation and its about the Jews flying back to their homeland. That's the only proper way to interpret the entire context of the passage. Its not about alien.

I find all this hilarious. The extent people will go to reinforce their magical thinking. The belief perseverance is strong within you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

The "star" that guided the wise men to baby Jesus, was actually a quantum fluctuation due to an alien space craft that had exited the etheric dimension.

Well, if there is truth to your interpretation then it would be a company of angels or God the Father but it would not be aliens from Planet X. Though Ignatius of Antioch gives us the earliest report about this and he said it was a conjunction of planets. I was divided about this for sometime and then realized Ignatius was right. Though a secondary interpretation of the star would be, as interpreted properly without assumption, the company of angels. 

But Isaiah 60:8 is not about aliens and there is no hint of that in the context. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

The belief perseverance is strong within you. 

Evil Rick just became Evil Yoda. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, if there is truth to your interpretation then it would be a company of angels or God the Father but it would not be aliens from Planet X. Though Ignatius of Antioch gives us the earliest report about this and he said it was a conjunction of planets. I was divided about this for sometime and then realized Ignatius was right. Though a secondary interpretation of the star would be, as interpreted properly without assumption, the company of angels. 

But Isaiah 60:8 is not about aliens and there is no hint of that in the context. 

Holy Hell! Seriously? Seriously.....this is kinda sad. I could start a cult with that one b.s. line. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

The Jerusalem Bible is the most accurate translation. Anybody who has actually gone to a legitimate accredited seminary knows that.....

I'm not trying to say the Jerusalem Bible is a bad translation. Though I do not know all these seminarians who say its the best? If you have a few reliable lexicons, like Strong's, or Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon etc., you can compare translations. I've done this many times and many Bibles score points but the best modern translation for scoring the most points in accuracy is the NKJV (though the MEV may possibly tie with it). The best overall translation is the Matthew's Bible and from there every Bible that was most influenced by the scholarly genius of William Tyndale. So the greatest minds of English translations were first: William Tyndale, then Myles Coverdale, John Rogers and Thomas Cranmer. The KJV is great!, but it does not outscore the Matthew's Bible. 

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Of all the lame attempts at prophecy that was just pathetic. BTW planes don't fly like clouds.

The carnal mind never understands spiritual things.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ploughboy said:

The carnal mind never understands spiritual things.

Spiritual things do not exist. They are subjective and emotionally based. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked