Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Airplane in Biblical Prophecy!

Ploughboy

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Spiritual things do not exist. They are subjective and emotionally based. 

No, spiritual things are spiritually based. The Bible says not to depend on your feelings for they will led you astray. A spiritual mind can also be a logical mind all depending on what Spirit you follow. If you follow God then you will live by the Author of logical thought. If you follow Satan then you will follow the author of illogical thought. 

I provided the context of the chapter. Its very clear and concise. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ploughboy said:

No, spiritual things are spiritually based. The Bible says not to depend on your feelings for they will led you astray. A spiritual mind can also be a logical mind all depending on what Spirit you follow. If you follow God then you will live by the Author of logical thought. If you follow Satan then you will follow the author of illogical thought. 

Satan only means adversary. It is not an entity and god is a cultural construct.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Satan only means adversary. It is not an entity and god is a cultural construct.

Your interpretation is your own. Satan is both the adversary and a living being. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ploughboy said:

Your interpretation is your own. Satan is both the adversary and a living being. 

No it really isn't. The term was basically used as an insult. If you want to say that Lucifer is real, you should look at the origin of the word. Its basically the planet Venus. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ploughboy said:

I'm not trying to say the Jerusalem Bible is a bad translation. Though I do not know all these seminarians who say its the best?

That's the Bible used by the U of Penn and Princeton. The Jesuits and Anglicans use it too.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ploughboy said:

God doesn't have a "adversary" in the Old Testament and Satan in Job was just a Angel sent to test people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

That's the Bible used by the U of Penn and Princeton. The Jesuits and Anglicans use it too.

I'm an Anglican...a Continuing Anglican. Our services are led by the KJV which is read in our 1928 Book of Common Prayer. The Psalter is from the 1539 Great Bible. Other Bibles are allowed during Bible studies. But during Morning and Evening services the KJV is the pulpit Bible. Apart from that you can read any Bible you want. Its just that the Anglican church is the church of the KJV, the last authorized Bible of the Church of England. But when King James authorized the new translation he did not authorize a new Book of Common Prayer. So as it is, the KJV is the pulpit Bible and all Scriptural readings come from the KJV---except the Psalter, which is from the Great Bible. 

8 minutes ago, Ploughboy said:

I'm an Anglican...a Continuing Anglican.

In the UK? 

1 hour ago, Piney said:

In the UK? 

No, in the U.S. But my church is not an Episcopal church. Those churches are fully apostate and their pulpit Bible is the corrupt NRSV. The Anglican Continuum still follows traditional Anglican beliefs. I know I'm happy with the church. But my reasons for going there are 100% spiritual, for worship and communion service. I am not concerned about being entertained. Also a big bonus is that there are no special doctrines!! All these other churches that obsess over this and that and lose sight of the true Gospel in due process. But a real Anglican church will be of the Continuing Anglican tradition and not of the liberal type.

Also, the BCP in America is updated for American culture. I do have a 1662 BCP which does have the prayer to the Queen. But we Americans do not have a Queen and our culture is different from Britain. So there are some minor changes made like we have the prayer to the President instead of the Queen.

Edited by Ploughboy

12 minutes ago, Ploughboy said:

No, in the U.S. But my church is not an Episcopal church. Those churches are fully apostate and their pulpit Bible is the corrupt NRSV. The Anglican Continuum still follows traditional Anglican beliefs. I know I'm happy with the church. But my reasons for going there are 100% spiritual, for worship and communion service. I am not concerned about being entertained. Also a big bonus is that there are no special doctrines!! All these other churches that obsess over this and that and lose sight of the true Gospel in due process. But a real Anglican church will be of the Continuing Anglican tradition and not of the liberal type.

Also, the BCP in America is updated for American culture. I do have a 1662 BCP which does have the prayer to the Queen. But we Americans do not have a Queen and our culture is different from Britain. So there are some minor changes made like we have the prayer to the President instead of the Queen.

St. John's Parish in  Southern New Jersey isn't exactly entertaining. It seems like they follow English norms. My uncles attend there when they are visiting the U.S. and their priest use to attend the religious discussions we had at the Mickleton Friends (Quaker) Meeting. He seemed rather traditional. 

2 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

The carnal mind never understands spiritual things.

Those suffering confirmation bias will make up excuses for their lack of facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Don't depend on your feelings? What again were you saying about faith, hope, and love in the other topic?

Maybe you shouldn't be following any spirits because neither God or Satan are all that logical.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Well, if there is truth to your interpretation then it would be a company of angels or God the Father but it would not be aliens from Planet X. Though Ignatius of Antioch gives us the earliest report about this and he said it was a conjunction of planets. I was divided about this for sometime and then realized Ignatius was right. Though a secondary interpretation of the star would be, as interpreted properly without assumption, the company of angels. 

But Isaiah 60:8 is not about aliens and there is no hint of that in the context. 

Have you ever heard of sarcasm ?

Unless I'm much mistaken you are responding to a sarcastic post.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

atlantean Quantum orbs traveling through astral plane portals to make crystal crack pipes for alien channeling.....

Never forget to include atlantis.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Never forget to include atlantis.

Sorry.....*looks sheepish* 

I should know better. Since I'm a member of the Algonquian chiefie class I'm part Atlantian......

So when are you guys going to come up with a decent chainsaw or axe? The Swedes and Finns are killing you!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Sorry.....*looks sheepish* 

I should know better. Since I'm a member of the Algonquian chiefie class I'm part Atlantian......

So when are you guys going to come up with a decent chainsaw or axe? The Swedes and Finns are killing you!

Have you tried making one of Lego? 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Have you ever heard of sarcasm ?

Unless I'm much mistaken you are responding to a sarcastic post.

Who would ever do such a sarcastic thing?:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Have you tried making one of Lego? 

Just spaceships and scenes from Marvel, DC and Star Wars..........

......and that's my other bone! How come you b******* don't make Woodland Indian Legos! <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Plane-loads of Israel's sons and exiles return to Israel like flocks of birds, along with large ships bringing their accumulated wealth with them."

Accumulated wealth, are we talking diamonds, banks accounts and gold? 

7 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Its a prophecy that basically says that the religion who builds the airplane is the true religion

Hmm, not sure i would call them a religion, but lets keep with the thread:

Blessed thee oh Orville and Wilbur

NASM-SI-84-18669.jpg

Amen

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Well it might have something to do with how the word "airplane" is a modern English word and the Book of Isaiah was written in 700 B.C. in Hebrew which did not contain the word airplane. Interpreting the context of this text isn't really as hard as you think. But then I have read the Bible for many years and am used to the language and exegesis of the Bible. I did break it down some so others could understand this amazing prophecy. This prophecy is no hoax or scam nor a sensation. It really is speaking about air travel in which the scattered Jews would be flown back to Israel like doves to their nest. When they arrive the gentile Christian nations would minister to them through charitable words which would help them rebuild their nation (verse 10).

Maybe it was the aliens.:lol:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Hail Satan!!:devil::lol:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

Robots don't have feelings either.

6 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Spiritual things do not exist. They are subjective and emotionally based. 

Not so fast on that statement.

With quantum "weirdness" and multiple dimensions (supposedly), I would not rule-out a "spiritual realm"

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Not so fast on that statement.

With quantum "weirdness" and multiple dimensions (supposedly), I would not rule-out a "spiritual realm"

They do not exist outside of a psychological framework. No amount of quantum woo will make it real. Not even "higher dimensions" will make it legit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked