Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Airplane in Biblical Prophecy!

Ploughboy

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Just spaceships and scenes from Marvel, DC and Star Wars..........

......and that's my other bone! How come you b******* don't make Woodland Indian Legos! <_<

Dont tell anyone else but I have it on good authority that they hold back that line just to annoy a guy in New Jersey.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Who would ever do such a sarcastic thing?:whistle:

I can't imagine who. It's certainly not something you or I would ever do.......... :innocent:

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Dont tell anyone else but I have it on good authority that they hold back that line just to annoy a guy in New Jersey.

Hey, I'm one of their best customers. I remodeled my back bedroom into a Lego Universe that would give Will Ferrell a woody. :tu:

..........and the little Grand Godzillas have just arrived from Nippon and are wreaking havoc.......:wacko:

• Haha 2

So, are we entirely alone in our Universe as an "intelligent species"?

That would be a "Yes", "No" or "Maybe"

Has to be one of the 3.

Edited by pallidin

15 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Wow thats a stretch. 

Why does the bible never outright say anything, you allways have to interpret some vague verses ?

If you desired to communicate something to generations of human beings over a few thousand years, would it make sense to write it in a way that ONLY the final generation or two would understand it?  Using modern terminology 2500 years ago would make no sense to anyone, would it?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, and then said:

If you desired to communicate something to generations of human beings over a few thousand years, would it make sense to write it in a way that ONLY the final generation or two would understand it?  Using modern terminology 2500 years ago would make no sense to anyone, would it?  

how about in plain language?

Instead of nebulous prophecies,, imagine if there were a passage in the bible that read: " in the year 1492 (written in the actual Jewish calendar) three ships will find a new land, unknown in this time. And a race of Men will be found." 

Imagine if there was a biblical prophecy stating that in (Jewish year equaling 1776), a new nation would be formed, based in the 'new' world, and on the principle of equality for all. 

Instead, we get such vague "prophecies", that people have interpreted them, and re-interpreted them to fit what they think it means. 

There is always some vague explanation as to why prophecy is never actually spot on, plain & simple, but in actuality, prophecy is 100% cow dung.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Don't depend on your feelings? What again were you saying about faith, hope, and love in the other topic?

Maybe you shouldn't be following any spirits because neither God or Satan are all that logical.

Logic...not your feelings...is how to analyze information. Your feelings are not meant to determine fact from fiction. 
It was logical thinking that brought modern science and medicine to our world. It was logical thinking that developed air travel. All these things and much more were achievements done by Christians who followed Christ and read the Bible. So your statement is proven incorrect through all the major feats done by Christians and Jews who gave you all the good things about modern civilization. But this gift of modern civilization came with responsibility and moral obligations. We are losing that to the moral relativism and narcissism which comes from atheism. 

2 hours ago, pallidin said:

So, are we entirely alone in our Universe as an "intelligent species"?

That would be a "Yes", "No" or "Maybe"

Has to be one of the 3.

We are the only humans in the universe. Whatever else exist out there is not the kind of life we see thriving on earth. God created angels and all these angels are living beings. But earth is a special place with special life. All the advanced technology we have, especially now with the latest developments in telescopes, and we see no other earth's out there. There are assumptions made but no one has been able to confirm or re-confirm there is life as we understand life to be on another planet.  I would not doubt that somewhere you might find some bacteria out there but that is not life as we see life on earth. You might even find planet life somewhere out there. But again, that is not life as we see life here on earth. This is because earth is the only planet in the entire universe with life. 

Whether you are and atheist or a Christian, life on earth is very special. Those who are alive right now, regardless of your beliefs, are lucky to live and see all the sights the eyes of life can take in. What I find pathetic is how NASA and some politicians want to leave earth for Mars. Yeah, that's a good choice--not! If they knew how to take care of this beautiful planet they would not need to find a new one! But sin corrupts the heart, mind and soul. The greedy among the nations have lost all love inside them and no longer care about others. Their actions will be paid in full as Christ has a special place in hell just for them.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Piney said:

St. John's Parish in  Southern New Jersey isn't exactly entertaining. It seems like they follow English norms. My uncles attend there when they are visiting the U.S. and their priest use to attend the religious discussions we had at the Mickleton Friends (Quaker) Meeting. He seemed rather traditional. 

Yes, some Anglican priests and parishes are very traditional. But there are some of them that have gone so far astray that its safe to say they are fully apostate. That's why I placed emphasis on the Continuing Anglican Church. My church does follow the old English traditions. Now most people looking for a church want to find one they can trust will be teaching them about the true Gospel of Christ. These days that is becoming a very hard task . I can only tell you that for some of us the journey is long and full of heartbreak and deception. I was a Seventh Day Adventist for 20 lost years of my life, only to find out that the church is nothing more than a clever deception...a cult. I tried out other churches and then just stopped going for 8 years. I studied on my own and in recent years I've had to do some research dealing with beliefs held by the early church in two major subjects. One of these subjects is exorcism as I plan on becoming an exorcist in two years. The results of my research led me to cross the line between Protestantism and Catholicism. I was ready to become Roman Catholic but during my inquiry with Roman Catholic priests I decided they hold to beliefs I cannot follow after. When I met up with the local Anglican priest it was perfect from the get go. 

The Anglican Catholic Church holds to many traditional Roman Catholic beliefs but also holds to some of the early Protestant movement before the Geneva scholars. Now these Geneva scholars would be classified as a more radical Protestant movement which completely breaks away from the Roman Catholic Church. The result was poorer English translations of the Bible and our current high apostasy rate throughout the world today. After learning much about the early church and seeing where these anti-Catholic church have led modern civilization, it was a sensible move for me to become Anglican. But its taken me all the youthful years of my life to come to this sound conclusion. This is why I express this conclusion here. I never want to see others waste the time as I did. A church is a house of God, a place of prayer, worship and fellowship. We go there for those reasons. And granted, it does take some time to get used of the Anglican worship service. But adapted to something new is just fine me and I don't complain about it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Spiritual things do not exist. They are subjective and emotionally based. 

You made a claim. Now prove it.

Oh wait you can't, since it's only your personal opinion.

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

how about in plain language?

Instead of nebulous prophecies,, imagine if there were a passage in the bible that read: " in the year 1492 (written in the actual Jewish calendar) three ships will find a new land, unknown in this time. And a race of Men will be found." 

Imagine if there was a biblical prophecy stating that in (Jewish year equaling 1776), a new nation would be formed, based in the 'new' world, and on the principle of equality for all. 

Instead, we get such vague "prophecies", that people have interpreted them, and re-interpreted them to fit what they think it means. 

There is always some vague explanation as to why prophecy is never actually spot on, plain & simple, but in actuality, prophecy is 100% cow dung.

If you say so, it must be true.

9 hours ago, and then said:

If you desired to communicate something to generations of human beings over a few thousand years, would it make sense to write it in a way that ONLY the final generation or two would understand it?

Of course it would make sense to write in a language the intended audience would understand. 

Using modern terminology 2500 years ago would make no sense to anyone, would it?  

There are plenty of ways to communicate the concept of man made flying machines that would be a lot more clear, but for some reason the writers of biblical prophesy once again choose a way that is open to any number of interpretations.

No matter how you spin it everytime someone have tried to use the bible predict something before it happened they have failed, or the prophesy in question is so vague that it could be used on any number of things. On the other hand if you want to live your life waiting for prophesies made by anonymous bronze age Middle Eastern sheppards please go ahead. I can't imagine why anyone would do that, but thats just me.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Thanks 3

Wait a sec.

If, as the OP believes, the bible predicted aircraft, maybe Jonah wasn't swallowed by a 'great fish', but instead, boarded a submarine!

It all makes sense now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Wait a sec.

If, as the OP believes, the bible predicted aircraft, maybe Jonah wasn't swallowed by a 'great fish', but instead, boarded a submarine!

It all makes sense now.

I see you would rather be a mocker and a manipulator than actually learn something more valuable than all the money in the world. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ploughboy said:

I see you would rather be a mocker and a manipulator than actually learn something more valuable than all the money in the world. 

I value truth.

Show me the truth of your claims, not fuzzy feel-good daydreams that you are straining at to make your mythology fit reality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I value truth.

Show me the truth of your claims, not fuzzy feel-good daydreams that you are straining at to make your mythology fit reality.

Prove I misinterpreted it. I know how to apply proper exegesis to Scripture. I understand this prophecy very well. Now instead of starting up a brawl with me, you should be inquiring about these things you don't understand. The object of this discussion is to understand what's really being said here. 

6 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I value truth.

You want the truth, not fuzzy feel-good daydreams ?

The physical Universe was a creation of the Demiurge (Samael a.k.a Yaldabaoth). Sometimes figured as a snake with the head of a lion. A blind and stupid god who creates this false world and imperfect imitation of the REAL creator. The world is a distorted mirror, an image, in other words; a kind of software. In this flawed system - this software - the archons are demented programmers coding our faith, precisely every negative aspects of our lives, inner and outer.  That slowly break our mental spine. They grant us the counterfeit spirit; it sucks.

Edited by Gnostikoi
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/18/2018 at 11:02 AM, Ploughboy said:

Isaiah 60:8,

“Who are these who fly like a cloud,
And like doves to their roosts?" (NKJV).

The Believer's Bible Commentary, which is one of the most acclaimed commentaries on the Bible in existence, interprets this verse properly:

"60:8, 9 Plane-loads of Israel's sons and exiles return to Israel like flocks of birds, along with large ships bringing their accumulated wealth with them."

The NLT places the entire verse in the context it was meant for:

“And what do I see flying like clouds to Israel,
like doves to their nests?"

The reason why Isaiah ends the verse with a question mark is because the prophecy was not meant for his generation to understand. It was meant for a certain time when people would be able to understand the verse. The key verse in understanding verse 8 is verse 3:

"The Gentiles shall come to your light,
And kings to the brightness of your rising."

The prophecy of verse 8 could not ever have been fulfilled until verse 3 was fulfilled. The Gentiles began to come to the light during the ministry of Christ' Apostles. As the Gospel spread throughout the Gentile world, we see the first king accept Christ as his Savior. From Constantine to Charlemagne there is no doubt that Christianity has spread far and wide throughout the Gentile nations. The discovery of America is the complete fulfillment of the prophecy in verse 3. In this Christian nation, two brothers from Ohio invent the first airplane. This invention would eventually be used to fly Jews back to their homeland like doves to their young ones (i.e, "nest" or "roost", though the ancient expression is "young ones"). 

“The sons of foreigners shall build up your walls,
And their kings shall minister to you;
For in My wrath I struck you,
But in My favor I have had mercy on you" (Isa.60:10).

After the Jews fly back to Israel they have to rebuild their new lives there. Thus, the Gentile Christian nations helped them rebuild their nation. So this here is another prophecy fulfilled in chronological order. 

So for those looking for historical and scientific proof for the resurrection of Jesus Christ the proof is found in this very observable prophecy. Its a prophecy that basically says that the religion who builds the airplane is the true religion <---and that comment was more aimed at muslims as to open their eyes from the blindness that darkens them. 

Isaiah 60 Outline:

Verses 1 & 2: Christ' resurrection & ascension

Verse 3: Gentile nations and their kings turn to the light of Christ and become Christian nations.

Verse 4-7: Quality of life increases, trade and travel become easier.

Verse 8: Airplane invented by Christians in a gentile Christian nation is used to fly Jews back to Israel.

Verse 9: These Jews come from afar and from various places of the globe, bringing their accumulated wealth back to their homeland.

Verse 10: Gentile Christian nations show love for Israel and help rebuild their walls. 

The last few verses of this chapter fulfill when Jesus returns and we live in eternity prepared for us by Christ. Therefore this chapter 60 in Isaiah doesn't have en ending as eternity never ends. The chapter begins with Christ' resurrection, goes throughout all history up to the 2nd coming, and continues throughout all eternity. 

For those of you getting pounced on by radical skeptics, you can feel refreshed in your soul to know that this Jesus whom you've accepted is indeed the risen Christ and your faith in Him is not in vain. So worship the Lord with love and reverence and keep His commandments and the testimony of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Jesus is risen!

Reference to clouds is clear prove that them pesky illiterate Middle Eastern bronze age goat herders are responsible for creating chemtrails!   I knew it!  :w00t:

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Ploughboy said:

The church tends to rake in a very large sum of money selling lies and snake oil. I think critical thinking is more valuable than anything religion has to offer. Because thinking for yourself tends to tick God off pretty good. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gnostikoi said:

The physical Universe was a creation of the Demiurge (Samael a.k.a Yaldabaoth). Sometimes figured as a snake with the head of a lion. A blind and stupid god who creates this false world and imperfect imitation of the REAL creator. The world is a distorted mirror, an image, in other words; a kind of software. In this flawed system - this software - the archons are demented programmers coding our faith, precisely every negative aspects of our lives, inner and outer.  That slowly break our mental spine. They grant us the counterfeit spirit; it sucks.

Can we get's some factual evidence to support this claim?

• Like 1

Prove I misinterpreted it. I know how to apply proper exegesis to Scripture. I understand this prophecy very well. Now instead of starting up a brawl with me, you should be inquiring about these things you don't understand. The object of this discussion is to understand what's really being said here. 

You're the one making the claim, proof is on you. What you're actually dealing with is either belief perseverance or confirmation bias. Perhaps both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gnostikoi said:

You've presented another delusion. Apparently you don't know what the truth is either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Can we get's some factual evidence to support this claim?

He's regurgitating gnostic escapism.

• Like 1

I interpret it differently.  This proves that you may not be correct.

Edit: unless you are claiming omniscience.   Which makes you your own God ;) 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

He's regurgitating gnostic escapism.

I know. It's the blame game all over again. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked