Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man spends three days buried beneath a road

UM-Bot

15 minutes ago, seanjo said:

More of a room than a coffin.

Quite spacious.

I hope that he got something positive out of it. He seems like a pretty individual guy. 

Also I hope that it wasn’t solely paid for by others taxes. 

• Like 1

They never made the most of it. While he was under they could've had a national TV phone-in vote; Should we dig him up again? Yes or No.

• Haha 3

As others point it is hardly a coffin. We all know what a coffin looks like and this is more of a room or a tomb. Silly stunt.

• Like 1

Maybe his next "performance art" will be acting like a normal human.

Could be hard for him, though...

23 hours ago, seanjo said:

I find such things, pretentious and an utter waste of time and money.

I agree. For me this is up there with other shock-art type pieces which I find unnecessary, and see of little value. 

If the guy himself, or someone else, can argue why this is a worthwhile exercise, I may reconsider.

• Like 1

So, he laid in a bed, read and relaxed mostly alone for three days and didn't eat. I did that not long ago when I had the flu and my wife quarantined me.

• Haha 1

Concrete will later be poured in to the hole to preserve the tomb as a time capsule

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318914/man-spends-three-days-buried-beneath-a-road

Time capsule? What is the point of that? It is not as if there is anything anyone could learn  from what he did.

he was supplied with bedding, water, waste buckets, pencils and a sketchpad

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318914/man-spends-three-days-buried-beneath-a-road

So they want to preserve his sh!t buckets, some pencils and a sketchpad.

Sorry, i seem to be missing something here! Will it be worth removing the cement in the future for any of that?