Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comey used private gmail account

ellapenella

James Comey used a personal Gmail account for official government business while FBI director, after leading the investigation into the Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, the Justice Department's inspector general said Thursday.

There needs to be an investigation into what she was doing and what the others involved were doing.

ETA

I forgot to add the link. The above quote is from the link. 

Edited by Ellapennella

The report contains several examples, including times Comey sent himself drafts of a testimony he planned to deliver to Congress and drafts of bureau-wide updates he planned to send to mark milestones during the year. Using personal email for work purposes is "inconsistent" with DOJ policy, given a lack of "exigent circumstances and the frequency" at which the use occurred, the report says. Clinton responded Thursday to a description of Comey's actions with a tweet: "But my emails." The FBI investigation in 2015 and 2016 looked into whether Clinton and others deliberately sought to handle classified information improperly on her personal email account and server while she was secretary of state. Comey in July 2016 announced that, while he found Clinton's actions "extremely careless," he would not recommend charges against her. That October, he informed Congress that FBI agents had recovered additional emails possibly relevant to the Clinton probe. Asked by IG investigators if he had any concerns about conducting bureau business on his personal device and account, "Comey stated that he did not," the report says. He also said he was certain his work would be captured by FBI email servers for record-keeping purposes. "Because it was incidental and I was always making sure that the work got forwarded to the government account to either my own account or [FBI chief of staff James Rybicki], so I wasn't worried from a record-keeping perspective and it was, because there will always be a copy of it in the FBI system and I wasn't doing classified work there, so I wasn't concerned about that," Comey told investigators, according to the report.

from the link above

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

They had an investigation.

In fact they just finished an investigation of the investigation: https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

Didn't Tiggs clear this up the other day there? Something along the lines of it's not illegal to use a private email for government related work as long as you keep the emails for record? My memories are a bit hazy on the details.

• Like 2

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Didn't Tiggs clear this up the other day there? Something along the lines of it's not illegal to use a private email for government related work as long as you keep the emails for record? My memories are a bit hazy on the details.

Yeah........ 

42 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

They had an investigation.

In fact they just finished an investigation of the investigation: https://www.justice.gov/file/1071991/download

That information was withheld from us,  including the President. We just were made aware of it the other day when the report came out. How ironic. Comey overseen the Hilary investigation all the way through while he himself was guilty. Are you hoping that there will not be a real investigation now?

42 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Are you seriously buying that? he was utilizing a personal gmail for official  FBI of the United States government  business . How could anyone  trust his record keeping? of his  when Comey  proved he is a dishonest individual?  

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

That information was withheld from us,  including the President. We just were made aware of it the other day when the report came out. How ironic. Comey overseen the Hilary investigation all the way through while he himself was guilty. Are you hoping that there will not be a real investigation now?

Which crime is it that Comey was guilty of?

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Which crime is it that Comey was guilty of?

He was pretty much the ring leader of them all that need to be investigated. He covered up for things . The illegal spying on American citizens, he was a huge part of that. 

Who controls your server? Hilary had her own private server.....of our government  in her home ran by some private company that we have no idea of  and Comey didn't find fault in that? The Secretary of State to operate shady like that. He covered up for her and Obama. 

11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

He was pretty much the ring leader of them all that need to be investigated. He covered up for things . The illegal spying on American citizens, he was a huge part of that. 

Do you have a rolodex of conspiracy theories that you flip through? Every time one of your theories is destroyed you come out with another 3.

You realise that Mueller and Comey both threatened to resign under George Bush, when Bush tried to expand actual illegal spying on US citizens, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So...  You want an investigation of the investigation of the investigation of Hillary's email because you can't trust the first two investigations?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

It's equally ironic that Trump uses iPhones that are not  fully equipped with security features required to shield his communications. His aides have urged him to swap out his Twitter iPhone on a monthly basis, but he refuses to do so (claiming it's 'inconvenient"), thus leaving himself open to surveillance. Furthermore, Kushner and others have, on occasion, relied on private e-mail and electronic devices, also raising concerns about security (and record keeping for that matter).

I realise that Comey-bashing is the latest blood sport, but still... be fair.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's equally ironic that Trump uses iPhones that are not  fully equipped with security features required to shield his communications. His aides have urged him to swap out his Twitter iPhone on a monthly basis, but he refuses to do so (claiming it's 'inconvenient"), thus leaving himself open to surveillance. Furthermore, Kushner and others have, on occasion, relied on private e-mail and electronic devices, also raising concerns about security (and record keeping for that matter).

I realise that Comey-bashing is the latest blood sport, but still... be fair.

So are you seriously trying to claim that President Trump is misusing how to process classified information ? 

eta

I get it, You will always  refuse to admit  the criminal activity that the democrats were involved in. 

Edited by Ellapennella

37 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So...  You want an investigation of the investigation of the investigation of Hillary's email because you can't trust the first two investigations?

How is it even possible to trust a bias group of 13 anger democrats who have lied about everything in trying to stop Donald Trump from becoming The President. They failed but look at what they've done.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

How is it even possible to trust a bias group of 13 anger democrats who have lied about everything in trying to stop Donald Trump from becoming The President. They failed but look at what they've done.

Investigation#1- FBI

Investigation into investigation #1- Dept. of Justice Office of the Inspector General

Not seeing 13 angry Democrats anywhere.

• Like 2

So are you seriously trying to claim that President Trump is misusing how to process classified information ? 

Trying to claim? Um no.

I achieved what I set out to do and that was to provide factual information (not claims, but facts).

So the 'trying' part is over, or maybe not, depending on how one chooses to define the word.

• Like 1

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's equally ironic that Trump uses iPhones that are not  fully equipped with security features required to shield his communications.

so what? no phone is, as it comes from its box. companies install their own security software, my company did that with BB and iphone. and many others do as well,

is that one of the fact you claimed you presented? well this one is  busted

• Haha 1

Just now, aztek said:

so what? no phone is, as it comes from its box. companies install their own security software, my company did that with BB and iphone. and many others do as well,

is that one of the fact you claimed you presented? well this one is  busted

Not even close. Try again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Investigation#1- FBI

Investigation into investigation #1- Dept. of Justice Office of the Inspector General

Not seeing 13 angry Democrats anywhere.

Do you see anything wrong with what the democrats have did ?  you're okay with that ?  I am pro America and the injustice that the democrats have done is troublesome. No one should ever be above the law. They were abusing their positions & colluding while blaming it on Russia. They need to be held accountable for it all. Trump will loose support if he does nothing about it. 

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not even close. Try again.

i do not have to,  i just busted your "Security" myth,  what else you got?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you see anything wrong with what the democrats have did ?  you're okay with that ?  I am pro America and the injustice that the democrats have done is troublesome. No one should ever be above the law. They were abusing their positions & colluding while blaming it on Russia. They need to be held accountable for it all. Trump will loose support if he does nothing about it. 

Comey is a republican. Rosenstein is a republican.  Mueller is a republican.  Democrats are just the yipping chihuahuas on the side lines.  You can blame them if you want.  Heck, feel free to kick them if you want. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Trying to claim? Um no.

I achieved what I set out to do and that was to provide factual information (not claims, but facts).

So the 'trying' part is over, or maybe not, depending on how one chooses to define the word.

gettyimages-633013334-12f51dd35ab80de645c3df1816f454c58f652730-s800-c85.jpg

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Comey is a republican. Rosenstein is a republican.  Mueller is a republican.  Democrats are just the yipping chihuahuas on the side lines.  You can blame them if you want.  Heck, feel free to kick them if you want. 

Ryan too,  don't forget to add Paul Ryan up there. 

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not have to,  i just busted your "Security" myth,  what else you got?

What you appear to have missed is the fact that Trump refuses to have the security features of his pone enhanced. He also refuses to regularly swap out one of his phones as has been recommended by White House staff. But sure if you're comfortable with out-of-the-box security for Trump, then you should have no problem with anyone else doing the same.

• Like 1