Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comey used private gmail account

ellapenella

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

i do not have to,  i just busted your "Security" myth,  what else you got?

I have a company iphone.  The tech guy set up my account as well as access to the company on-line website which all our phones are linked to.  Well, he screwed up the setting somehow and I had unrestricted access to the website/server.  I was bored and clicked around and stumbled across something that let me look into the contacts of all the company phones.  I did mine first since it was just set up and I had just entered the contacts.  Sure enough they were all there since our phones were linked.  Looked into a few co-worker's as well.  Told my boss (and my co-workers) and got my access removed.

Long story short.  Don't trust you electronic device to be private.

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I have a company iphone.  The tech guy set up my account as well as access to the company on-line website which all our phones are linked to.  Well, he screwed up the setting somehow and I had unrestricted access to the website/server.  I was bored and clicked around and stumbled across something that let me look into the contacts of all the company phones.  I did mine first since it was just set up and I had just entered the contacts.  Sure enough they were all there since our phones were linked.  Looked into a few co-worker's as well.  Told my boss (and my co-workers) and got my access removed.

You do know  that the President gets a secured and approved phone . I trust President Trump would never use a unsecured phone  when dealing with the Country's business.  

Also you do know that Comey  is not a republican right? He may have been registered as one  at one time but he's not any longer besides being registered as one could have been real at one time or just a cover, who knows. I do know he's not registered anymore as one. 

I'm a conservative and I know what conservatism looks like. The individuals you've listed are not conservatives. 

Comey’s wife admitted she and her daughters voted for Hillary Clinton and attended the Women’s March to protest Trump’s presidency the day after the inauguration.

But as the old saying goes, a fish rots from its head, and that certainly is the case with Comey’s FBI. (Trump fired Comey in May 2017.) Several passages in the Justice Department’s Inspector General reporton the agency’s handling of the Clinton email investigation illustrate the FBI’s culture of contempt for Trump, before and after the election.
Edited by Ellapennella

Just now, Gromdor said:

mine is only securing emails, and contacts.  browser is unrestricted. it is  synchronized with my desktop at work. once i went on vacation, and my desktop password expired, it blocked my phone book, and work emails, but browser, and phone itself were available.

well, yes anything can be compromised,

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Are you seriously buying that? he was utilizing a personal gmail for official  FBI of the United States government  business .

If he only used it for unclassified information -- he's perfectly fine.

If he sent himself any classified information -- then I expect Hillary's going to get herself a deckchair and pass round the popcorn.

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

What you appear to have missed is the fact that Trump refuses to have the security features of his pone enhanced. He also refuses to regularly swap out one of his phones as has been recommended by White House staff. But sure if you're comfortable with out-of-the-box security for Trump, then you should have no problem with anyone else doing the same.

he told you that? or msm? lol,

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You do know  that the President gets a secured and approved phone . I trust President Trump would never use a unsecured phone  when dealing with the Country's business.  

Also you do know that Comey  is not a republican right? He may have been registered as one  at one time but he's not any longer besides being registered as one could have been real at one time or just a cover, who knows. I do know he's not registered anymore as one. 

I'm a conservative and I know what conservatism looks like. The individuals you've listed are not conservatives. 

Comey’s wife admitted she and her daughters voted for Hillary Clinton and attended the Women’s March to protest Trump’s presidency the day after the inauguration.

But as the old saying goes, a fish rots from its head, and that certainly is the case with Comey’s FBI. (Trump fired Comey in May 2017.) Several passages in the Justice Department’s Inspector General reporton the agency’s handling of the Clinton email investigation illustrate the FBI’s culture of contempt for Trump, before and after the election.

Your trust is misplaced: https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/21/president-trump-iphone-use/

As for the Comey/republican thing:  Even Bush voted for Clinton over Trump: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41871958

I especially find Jr's lament that he might be the last Republican president telling.

Just now, Tiggs said:

no it is not, i do not work for gvmnt, but even in my company you can't use personal email for work,  there are sensitive data, data with PII...etc  top secrets is not the only reason. just ask your data security dept. not to mention there is always CYA rule, you want every piece of communication on the server, unless you have ill intent

Edited by aztek

Just now, aztek said:

no it is not, i do not work for gvmnt, but even in my company you can't use personal email for work,  there are sensitive data, date with PII...etc  top secrets is not the only reason.

Unclassified in this particular case would mean that it's safe for the public to see.

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

he told you that? or msm? lol,

Both Trump and the WH have addressed the issue.

So the information has come not just from the horse's mouth, but from the entire stable.

Just now, Tiggs said:

If he sent himself any classified information -- then I expect Hillary's going to get herself a deckchair and pass round the popcorn.

Why didn’t the 13 Angry Democrats investigate the campaign of Crooked Hillary Clinton, many crimes, much Collusion with Russia? Why didn’t the FBI take the Server from the DNC? Rigged Investigation!

President  Trump stated that and therefore he needs to establish a real investigation. I think it's going to happen but I don't know how publicized it will be. 

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Your trust is misplaced: https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/21/president-trump-iphone-use/

As for the Comey/republican thing:  Even Bush voted for Clinton over Trump: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41871958

I especially find Jr's lament that he might be the last Republican president telling.

I know that Bush is not a conservative , they're neocons. I've learned how to spot the real from the fake conservatives. 

Just now, Tiggs said:

Unclassified in this particular case would mean that it's safe for the public to see.

no, unclassified does not automatically mean for public use.

someone never had data security training i see.

Just now, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Both Trump and the WH have addressed the issue.

So the information has come not just from the horse's mouth, but from the entire stable.

got linkz?

Just now, aztek said:

no, unclassified does not automatically mean for public use.

someone never had data security training i see.

You're right. I haven't.

But I expect an ex-FBI director has.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

well he ignored it,

Okay -- so why does the government use email, if nothing is ever low enough security to be transmitted on it?

Just now, Tiggs said:

Okay -- so why does the government use email, if nothing is ever low enough security to be transmitted on it?

it is a proper way to conduct gvmnt business.

Edited by aztek

21 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Why didn’t the 13 Angry Democrats investigate the campaign of Crooked Hillary Clinton, many crimes, much Collusion with Russia? Why didn’t the FBI take the Server from the DNC? Rigged Investigation!

I'm pretty sure Trump has tweeted this exact statement at least 40 or 50 times. 

I actually thought you had quoted a Trump Tweet.

Edit - never mind. I'm obviously stupid.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Just now, aztek said:

it is a proper way to conduct gvmnt business.

How is transmitting information on an inherently insecure network a proper way to conduct government business?

Just now, Tiggs said:

How is transmitting information on an inherently insecure network a proper way to conduct government business?

who says FBI network is inherently insecure??

are you saying his private server is more secure?? you know it does not matter even if it is, gvmnt business should be done on gvmnt network, that is all there is to it.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

are you saying his private server is more secure?? you know it does not matter even if it is, gvmnt business should be done on gvmnt network, that is all there is to it.

Our president uses twitter and says it's official statements......      http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/government_says_trumps_tweets_are_official_presidential_statements

18 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

What branch of government? Are all branches ran off the same server? or something like that? I'd think  certain  government levels would increase in  security measures.

eta

I may not be wording this correctly hopefully you get what I mean. 

Edited by Ellapennella

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

You think when the FBI sends an email to someone it only traverses their network?

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

What branch of government? Are all branches ran off the same server? or something like that? I'd think  a certain  government levels would increase in  security measures.

Data that needs to be kept secret isn't sent by email. They have other systems to handle transferring that information around.