Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comey used private gmail account

ellapenella

Just now, Tiggs said:

You think when the FBI sends an email to someone it only traverses their network?

i honestly do not think about, nor i care, but i know there are data security rules, and using private email for work is not something those rules allow., there is all there is to it. pretty simple concept

sending outgoing email is not remotely the same as using private server for work emails, unless you do not want those emails to be on gvmnt server, but that is totally different story

Edited by aztek

1 minute ago, aztek said:

i honestly do not think about, nor i care, but i know there are data security rules, and using private email for work is not something those rules allow., there is all there is to it. pretty simple concept

I presume you'll be campaigning to see Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump prosecuted for using private email for government work, then?

Might want to pay special attention to the fourth paragraph in that link.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

What you appear to have missed is the fact that Trump refuses to have the security features of his pone enhanced. He also refuses to regularly swap out one of his phones as has been recommended by White House staff. But sure if you're comfortable with out-of-the-box security for Trump, then you should have no problem with anyone else doing the same.

I gotta say this really makes my inner conspiracy theorist spin considering the stingray devices that have been found around DC :

Telecom spying devices found near White House, other DC-area sites, DHS official says

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

I get it, You will always  refuse to admit  the criminal activity that the democrats were involved in. 

Not true.

It is important to acknowledge the laissez-faire way in which some people on both sides of the political fence handle communications security. To attack one, but not another, based on your personal political affiliation, is to lose sight of the problem. It shouldn't be okay for anyone in government to be careless or indifferent to the dangers.of cyber attacks. Hence my earlier comment: BE FAIR

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I gotta say this really makes my inner conspiracy theorist spin considering the stingray devices that have been found around DC :

Telecom spying devices found near White House, other DC-area sites, DHS official says

I can't say that I have an inner conspiracy theorist spin, although I sometimes wish I did. My conversations with myself would be considerably more interesting! But I understand your point. I don't think we'll ever know just how many people are trying to get an earful of stuff, but I suspect I don't have enough fingers or toes to count them on. Trump would no doubt be up there in terms of difficulty, but boy, imagine what a coup hacking/surveilling him would be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Trump would no doubt be up there in terms of difficulty, but boy, imagine what a coup hacking/surveilling him would be.

Just because itll make some folks heads explode...……..perhaps Trump knows the devices are there and they are being used as a means for him to "communicate" info to "someone" without him actually having to make contact with that "someone".  :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Just because itll make some folks heads explode...……..perhaps Trump knows the devices are there and they are being used as a means for him to "communicate" info to "someone" without him actually having to make contact with that "someone".  :D

Bet Jared is jealous given how well the back channel worked out.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

oh whataboudism, always a good argument,

Less whataboutism, more an illustration of how widespread and pervasive private email usage is.

I've seen estimates of 1/3rd of Government employees using private email for their work.

Entirely legally, too.

• Like 1

Is there any evidence that El Trumpo’s iPhone is used for anything other than tweeting? Tweets aren’t secure, private communications.

7 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

Less whataboutism, more an illustration of how widespread and pervasive private email usage is.

I've seen estimates of 1/3rd of Government employees using private email for their work.

Entirely legally, too.

Are you now claiming that Jared and Ivanka are paid government employees?

However, some big names known to be quite wealthy already are foregoing salaries — such as Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump.

Source

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Is there any evidence that El Trumpo’s iPhone is used for anything other than tweeting? Tweets aren’t secure, private communications.

Like Pokemon Go?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

I can't say that I have an inner conspiracy theorist spin, although I sometimes wish I did. My conversations with myself would be considerably more interesting! But I understand your point. I don't think we'll ever know just how many people are trying to get an earful of stuff, but I suspect I don't have enough fingers or toes to count them on. Trump would no doubt be up there in terms of difficulty, but boy, imagine what a coup hacking/surveilling him would be.

A few months after he moved into the White House, the air vents had a renovation. Always thought myself that that would be a great opportunity for any spying equipment to be installed. Maybe there's still a few NSA agents crawling around up there?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Are you now claiming that Jared and Ivanka are paid government employees?

Source

Well, they are listed as White House staffers on your link.

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Like Pokemon Go?

Exactly, he’d be one of those jerks who never lets anyone else sit on a gym long enough to earn any coins.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

Entirely legally, too.

so what? rules are rules,  yes some brake them, so what is your point? it is ok because other do so?  what else falls under such strategy?

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, they are listed as White House staffers on your link.

Don't employees normally get paid?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Maybe there's still a few NSA agents crawling around up there?

Or  SVR agents :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Not always,  you can cheese the system by being an intern or volunteering or being a CEO with 0 wages and a ton of stock options. 

15 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

As an example, interns don't.

Never mind, Gromdor beat me to it.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

2 hours ago, aztek said:

so what? rules are rules,  yes some brake them, so what is your point? it is ok because other do so?  what else falls under such strategy?

My point is that it’s entirely legal. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So...  You want an investigation of the investigation of the investigation of Hillary's email because you can't trust the first two investigations?

There will never be enough investigations until somebody locks up everyone she doesn't like. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aztek said:

and i'm pretty sure you are wrong. 

Paragraph four, from my earlier link:

Officials are supposed to use government emails for their official duties so their conversations are available to the public and those conducting oversight. But it is not illegal for White House officials to use private email accounts as long as they forward work-related messages to their work accounts so they can be preserved.

Same basic concept applies, Government-wide.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not true.

It is important to acknowledge the laissez-faire way in which some people on both sides of the political fence handle communications security. To attack one, but not another, based on your personal political affiliation, is to lose sight of the problem. It shouldn't be okay for anyone in government to be careless or indifferent to the dangers.of cyber attacks. Hence my earlier comment: BE FAIR

This is just confirming what I stated that you will never admit the corruption of the democrats. Have you admitted the corruption of the democrats trying to rig an election?