Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comey used private gmail account

ellapenella

19 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

There will never be enough investigations until somebody locks up everyone she doesn't like. 

Who are you talking about? So in your mind  the individuals who tried to rig this election shouldn't be  held accountable for, that's what it reads like in what you're saying. 

Just now, Tiggs said:

Paragraph four, from my earlier link:

Officials are supposed to use government emails for their official duties so their conversations are available to the public and those conducting oversight. But it is not illegal for White House officials to use private email accounts as long as they forward work-related messages to their work accounts so they can be preserved.

Same basic concept applies, Government-wide.

LMAO,  seriously, an opinion piece by nyt is your proof??  might as well post the onion article.

official policy is the only thing that would prove your point.

On 6/18/2018 at 12:41 PM, Tiggs said:

Data that needs to be kept secret isn't sent by email. They have other systems to handle transferring that information around.

Comey is going to be investigated for espionage. I guess he utilized that email account to communicate with whoever it was he was leaking information to in trying to rig the Presidential election. He just lied again recently about not being in the country when he was in it so that he didn't have to testify on some date. 

20 hours ago, Tiggs said:

My point is that it’s entirely legal. 

Nothing they did was legal. Anyone else would have been arrested.

By Tim Nerozzi
The FBI director investigating Hillary Clinton for her private email server himself used a private email address to conduct government business, according to a bombshell buried in a 500-page Inspector General report released on Friday.

James Comey, who led the probe that exonerated Clinton, used his personal email to conduct official business at least five times, in violation of government policy.
“We identified numerous instances in which Comey used a personal email account (a Gmail account) to conduct FBI business,” said Inspector General Michael Horowitz in the official report of the investigation.

Comey made an unusual statement, outside the chain of command of the Justice Department on July 5th, 2016 which condemned Clinton’s use of private accounts while serving as Secretary of State but arguing that it did not rise to the level of a criminal offense. Clinton also used her own personal server, bypassing the government system required for official business.

The scandal was a key issue in the 2016 election – a major talking point of President Donald Trump and other Republicans.

Echoing language first used by President Barack Obama, Comey characterized Clinton’s use of private email servers for official state communications as “extremely careless.” Earlier drafts of conclusion described Clinton’s conduct as “grossly negligent,” which would have required legal action against her.

https://aminewswire.org/stories/comey_fbi/

Edited by Ellapennella

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

LMAO,  seriously, an opinion piece by nyt is your proof??  might as well post the onion article.

official policy is the only thing that would prove your point.

Section b, here. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

Section b, here. Enjoy.

lol, what is this? not official fbi data security policy, you know i can read, you throwing me irrelevant links does nothing for your cause

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, what is this?

It's the legal statute that defines the electronic data retention rules for the entire Federal Government -- including personal email usage.

Just now, Tiggs said:

It's the legal statute that defines the electronic data retention rules for the entire Federal Government -- including personal email usage.

well it is not fbi official data security policy, so nice try but,..... whatever that is on .edu site, is not a proof of anything

Edited by aztek

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

This is just confirming what I stated that you will never admit the corruption of the democrats. Have you admitted the corruption of the democrats trying to rig an election? 

What on earth are you talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

well it is not fbi official data security policy, so nice try but,..... whatever that is on .edu site, is not a proof of anything

Sweet Mother Mary and Joseph the Carpenter.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

Sweet Mother Mary and Joseph the Carpenter.

that is not a proof either.

in any case if it was perfectly legal and not conflicting with any policy we would not be even talking about it, 

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

that is not a proof either.

in any case if it was perfectly legal and not conflicting with any policy we would not be even talking about it, 

As evidenced by the fact that it's legal and you're still talking about it...

I disagree. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

As evidenced by the fact that it's legal and you're still talking about it...

I disagree. 

there is no evidence presented, i know i can not do that at my work, i'm sure fbi data security policy is even stricter

Edited by aztek

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

i'm sure fbi data security policy is even stricter

I used to would have agreed with such a statement,but after all the leaks,boneheaded moves,ect. the FBI looks like a place one would have to attend clown college to get into ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aztek said:

there is no evidence presented, i know i can not do that at my work, i'm sure fbi data security policy is even stricter

What he shared you can find on the actual government site. It's cumbersome, but you can find it if you want to.

Section § 1236.22 - What are the additional requirements for managing electronic mail records?https://www.govinfo.gov/app/details/CFR-2017-title36-vol3/CFR-2017-title36-vol3-sec1236-22

You have to click view document in context, scroll down to title 36 and view it as a PDF. You'll be able to see it just as it was posted on the law ed site. 

Which makes sense because lawyers have to actually study the law. 

Y

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Here's the bit you would finally get to see if you downloaded the PDF on that gov site...

(b) Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.

15 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Here's the bit you would finally get to see if you downloaded the PDF on that gov site...

(b) Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.

lol.   ok lets read what you posted

Agencies that allow employees to send and receive...........etc.    now show me that fbi is such agency. 

38 minutes ago, aztek said:

Agencies that allow employees to send and receive...........etc.    now show me that fbi is such agency. 

Ironically Comey is said to have only utilized this personal  email account he opened for when  he was conducting the investigation of Hillary Clinton's unlawful  use of having a private  server operating government business  from within her home  bathroom. 

Apparently, as of May 2016, then-Director Comey and other FBI officials believed the facts fit that gross negligence standard until later edits were made,” Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) wrote to Wray in the letter demanding more information.

While Comey told Congress last year that he would never have prosecuted Clinton without proof she intended to violate a law, the editing of his statement suggests there might have been dissent within the FBI about that decision.

Sources who had seen the draft said they are certain to renew interest among congressional Republicans into Comey’s decisionmaking.

“The red-line history clearly shows the original statement was designed to allege Clinton committed gross negligence and then someone changed it to extreme carelessness,” one source said. “Clearly there was a difference of opinion on the term derived right from the statute.”

When Comey announced the decision to not bring charges against Clinton in July 2016 — shortly after Clinton had secured the Democratic nomination to run for president against Donald Trump — he said agents decided not to pursue criminal charges under the statute because they could not prove she intended to 

violate laws like the Espionage Act.

But he harshly criticized Clinton for setting up a personal email server outside the State Department’s security apparatus and then using it to transmit classified information.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358982-early-comey-memo-accused-clinton-of-gross-negligence-on-emails

This piece from this article. Comey's hiding the truth ,why?

Edited by Ellapennella

because the truth would bite him in the a$$. he was in between a rock and a hard place, he investigated possible future president, and on the other hand entire country was watching him to do the right thing, it was situation full of conflicts of interests. if he said she was negligent and she won, he would have either a heart attack, or killed during a "robbery" , like many others around her,

Edited by aztek

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

because the truth would bite him in the a$$. he was in between a rock and a hard place, he investigated possible future president, and on the other hand entire country was watching him to do the right thing, it was situation full of conflicts of interests. if he said she was negligent and she won, he would have either a heart attack, or killed during a "robbery" , like many others around her,

I don't know. I thought that too  in the beginning but things just started to become clear that he was in it deep. I think he was out to stop Trump with the others. 

Newly released memos written by former FBI director James Comey indicate that an early 2017 briefing for then-President-elect Donald Trump about the contents of an infamous dossier was held so it could be leaked to media outlets eager to report on the dossier’s allegations. In multiple memos, Comey specifically mentioned that CNN had the dossier and wanted a “news hook” that would enable the network to report on its most salacious allegations even though they had not been verified.

“I said the Russians allegedly had tapes involving him and prostitutes at the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton in Moscow from about 2013,” Comey wrote of his conversation with Trump in a classified memo that was released in redacted form late Thursday. “I said I wasn’t saying this was true, only that I wanted him to know both that it had been reported and that the reports were in many hands.”

No media organizations had reported the allegations at the time Comey briefed Trump.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/04/20/comeys-memos-indicate-dossier-briefing-of-trump-was-a-setup/

45 minutes ago, aztek said:

Why does he have to be subpoenaed to hand over the emails to Nunes? This Wray guy , he doesn't want to give Nunes Comey's mails. Did they turn them over yet? 

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Why does he have to be subpoenaed to hand over the emails to Nunes? This Wray guy , he doesn't want to give Nunes Comey's mails. Did they turn them over yet? 

good point, that means the  emails were not duplicated on fbi server, as per link posted earlier, they had to be, preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

good point, that means the  emails were not duplicated on fbi server, as per link posted earlier, they had to be, preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system. 

I don't I thought I read and even heard it mentioned that they want everything including Comey's emails. Have you read or heard that too? Has anyone else? 

Just now, Ellapennella said:

I don't I thought I read and even heard it mentioned that they want everything including Comey's emails. Have you read or heard that too? Has anyone else? 

i think the whole idea of him using private email is so emails are not on fbi server. looks like he wanted this investigation be as secretive as possible

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

i think the whole idea of him using private email is so emails are not on fbi server. looks like he wanted this investigation be as secretive as possible

Using personal email for work purposes is "inconsistent" with DOJ policy, given a lack of "exigent circumstances and the frequency" at which the use occurred, the report says.(I lost the link though it can be googled if anyone doesn't believe)