Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did you saw Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom ?

Sameerr

Yesterday i saw Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and it was nice. I can't say it was great or neither worst. This is after a very longtime that i saw a movie for myself in theater. Before a year or so, i went to theater and watched some 2 movies to just give company. I'm pretty sure that some people love to see many sequels of some certain movies and for me those movies are Jurassic Park and Men in Black. So far there were only 5 Jurassic Park movies, i guess it should be like at least 10 by now but anyway. There is one funny scene in this movie Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, an African lion roaring at the approaching Tyrannosaurus Rex while in reality the lion will flee.

Usually what i would expect in Jurassic Park movies is if they introduce some new dinosaurs known from fossils and if they show some good dinosaur battles. The huge sauropods we mostly see is Brachiosaurus and Diplodocus, it would be nice to see giants like Alamosaurus, Apatosaurus,Argentinosaurus etc etc.There are some real giant theropods which are so far not seen in these movies like Giganotosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus,Acrocanthosaurus, Allosaurus and once again Spinosaurus and so on (Spinosaurus is the only known legit 50 ft theropod). I would like to see separate battle between them and T-Rex as well as with some giant herbivores. Allosaurus is indeed in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom but it is small. Instead what i'm seeing is people creating their own giant theropods like Indominus Rex and Indoraptor and have them fight with other dinosaurs which is not exactly what i want but i understand that there are differences between documentaries and movies.

Jurassic World (2015) was awesome. Actually when that movie was released,i didn't watched it. Before that i read about this film having a dinosaur(Indominus Rex) which is not real. I don't have interest in fictional creatures so i rarely watch movies which has those animals. But a year later i saw Jurassic World (2015) in online and not only i liked it very much but also i added it to one of my favorite movies. Well, the reason for me to like that movie is because it gave a feeling as i'm seeing a best dinosaur movie nearly as good as Jurassic Park (1993), then the amazing theme park and of course the battle between Tyrannosaurus Rex and Indominus Rex in the ending scene. I am not a fan of predators but i have to admit that i loved the T-Rex entry scene, the way it comes out to kick the fake Indominus Rex.

As usual some or few scenes will bother some people in many different movies but that is how it is, you are always not going to get 100% of something as you expect. In Jurassic World (2015), these are the few scenes which bothered me :

1. The dead bodies of some Diplodocus are seen lying in the ground. Owen says "Indominus Rex killed them but didn't ate any of them as it is just killing for sport". Even though Indominus Rex is 50 ft, there is no way it can kill a adult Diplodocus one on one. Diplodocus will squash it.

2. Even after T-Rex beats the unstoppable Indominus Rex so bad, a oversized Mosasaurus is needed to kill it. I would rather prefer T-Rex killing Indominus Rex. (However there are vegetarian dinosaurs which can easily kill Indominus Rex. It's always about the carnivore as the main attraction in movies. Giant sauropods can kill any carnivore if they want but that is not something that you are going to see in movies, so let's forget that even though there is another vegetarian which can kill the Indominus Rex. This is the same animal which is tough to handle for T-Rex itself and that is Triceratops. Indeed Triceratops is there in this movie but they don't want to show a confrontation of Indominus Rex and Triceratops because Triceratops will destroy Indominus Rex. I get it, the point is to always make the carnivore as a hero and when it comes to carnivorous dinosaurs, obviously the hero is T-Rex.)

So far there were 5 Jurassic Park movies and the 6th one (Jurassic World 3) is set for 2021. Among these 5 movies, my favorite is Jurassic Park (1993) and Jurassic World (2015).

Jurassic Park (1993)
 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
 Jurassic Park III (2001)
 Jurassic World (2015)
 Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Below is that same movie list arranged according to how they looked good to me.

Jurassic Park (1993)
  Jurassic World (2015)
  Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)  
  The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
  Jurassic Park III (2001)

Whether you are going to see new dinosaurs in these kinds of movie sequels or not but most likely there won't be no Jurassic Park movie without a T-Rex, this is a dinosaur which has a huge fan base equal to some popular celebrity. :D

Edited by Sameerr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Fallen Kingdom. It was good for a date but that was about all it is good for. Most of the movie had dinosaurs in cages and most of it was set indoors after they left the island early on. Different. Story was all over the place and felt forced into the overarching narrative and wasn't good at all, and it took center stage. It was all about some human drama to the Nth (unlike the first film which knew when to let go). Terrible idea considering none of the films have good writing. At least let the human side of the plot be a general set-up and nothing more. But noooooo. They had to make it all about a really lame and flawed story. It wasn't my favorite in the series at all. In fact, none of them are my favorite. I haven't enjoyed one of the Jurassic movies since the first one, but the second was at least decent in a few scenes. The first one suffered from a bad story too but it worked because it was a set-up for huge and amazing dinosaur scenes. This one wasn't like that. Jurassic 3 was pretty bad, and World wasn't much better, but this one is really annoying to watch.