Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Space Force

Tiggs

5 hours ago, Tiggs said:

President Donald Trump declared Monday he would move to make a new branch of the military focused solely on space.

"I am hereby directing the Department of Defense and Pentagon to immediately begin the process necessary to establish a Space Force as the sixth branch of the armed forces," Trump said during a meeting of the National Space Council.

"Our destiny beyond the Earth is not only a matter of national identity but a matter of national security," Trump said.

Source: CNBC

Sooo. Arms race waiting to happen, or not?

Arms race? Definitely tension and conflict. This looks like a new battle for domination. Seriously should we let countries start to control the srata?  Sounds like a recipe for becoming goldfish to me.

For the people who think this is a good idea, how would you feel if a hostile nation or organisation was in control of it.

Personally I see potential for definite trouble. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The Chinese have been aware of this for a while, as have the Russians. If we common folk are talking about it now, assume military leaders have been working on actual programs for years.

My guess is that there are space satellites that can hear and see us as if they were in the same room as us. My guess is that they can penetrate "impenetrable" barriers. It may sound crazy, but we know that license plates can be read from space. We know that geothermal readers can show outlines of people in their homes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

My guess is that there are space satellites that can hear and see us as if they were in the same room as us. My guess is that they can penetrate "impenetrable" barriers. It may sound crazy, but we know that license plates can be read from space. We know that geothermal readers can show outlines of people in their homes.

If I remember correctly there are lasers where if pointed at a window can record a conversation in a room my measuring the tiny changes of pressure the sound waves exert on the glass so that idea isnt beyond the realm of possibility.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

If I remember correctly there are lasers where if pointed at a window can record a conversation in a room my measuring the tiny changes of pressure the sound waves exert on the glass so that idea isnt beyond the realm of possibility.

those things are sold on ebay.  btw i've heard that  some police cars may be equipped with such device, they hear what you say in your car before he pulls you over, and while he is writing a ticket, so  be careful what you say when pulled over

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The stuff that's available commercially is always just a diet version of the real hardware. People really need to adjust their expectation of "privacy" in today's world. If it's not the Feds monitoring everything, it's the corporations soaking up the details of your personal life to sell for ad money. Our phones are always listening and we gave them permission by signing off on the fine print. Privacy is dead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

This is just the first step toward a United Earth Space Probe Agency (Starfleet). 

Starfleet was global.  We are not global.   This is the US for our own defense, We probably need something like this.  

What about Space Corps from Red Dwarf? They’re all from the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

You do realize that the arms race, even though it brings more weapons into the world, it actually brings a whole host of new technology to the world. Sadly that is the fastest way to get technology to take off, through the military end.

Of course, it will be a race between this and psychopathic military AI roaming the earth. Could be a tough future.

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Trump : We cant afford Meals on Wheels!

We don't want Meals on Wheels or we would have it.  

• Like 1

A space arms race would probably be the best thing to happen to space technology.

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Well Google can do that from right here on earth.  Just ask Siri or whatever.

1 minute ago, Wickian said:

A space arms race would probably be the best thing to happen to space technology.

What does that even mean?  What is the best thing for humanity?  I think people are right though, this is just a teaser reveal of something already happening.

28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Starfleet was global.  We are not global.   This is the US for our own defense, We probably need something like this.  

No, Starfleet was inter-galactic.  But it had local beginnings.  As we reach a Type I civilization within the next 200 years, unlimited energy will alleviate other limited resources allowing enemies to ally in meaningful ways.

Like the U.S. does not intervene enough in other countries, now they need to intervene on other planets?

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

Like the U.S. does not intervene enough in other countries, now they need to intervene on other planets?

Aliens have been intervening in our affairs for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years.  Are we not intuitively learning from the master?

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Aliens have been intervening in our affairs for perhaps hundreds of thousands of years.  Are we not intuitively learning from the master?

Wow, I didn't know you were one to push fringe, unproved speculations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

What does that even mean?  What is the best thing for humanity?  I think people are right though, this is just a teaser reveal of something already happening.

It means exactly what I said, competition drives technological innovation just as much as necessity.  A military-level funding won't hurt at all either.

Trump likely considers space, just like another piece of real estate, a throne perhaps, but this has the fingerprints of darkness.

He is like the reincarnation of a long dead Egyptian king, his wife the queen, surrounded in his tomb by worthless golden objects, of no use to him now.

He looks down on a world without light, with new forms of travel, yet he is trapped inside his dark cage, awaiting resurrection.

It will come, but “not possible” will cross the lips of most who see it. Those who are astonished by him, will perish...

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

be7xwg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

During the cold war, both Russia and United States made a quantum leap in technological area, with United States landing ahead with technology that still be using today. These technology included medical science, electronic science, space science, physics, new scientific discoveries, the freaking internet, etc, etc... It covered a huge variety of technologies that we still use today for the benefit of everyone in the world, not just nuclear science like most people think when they envision the cold war. As for space shuttle and NASA, new electronic inventions are thanks to them, fiber optic cables and LSD TVs just to name a few.

Edited by Uncle Sam

46 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump likely considers space, just like another piece of real estate, a throne perhaps, but this has the fingerprints of darkness.

He is like the reincarnation of a long dead Egyptian king, his wife the queen, surrounded in his tomb by worthless golden objects, of no use to him now.

He looks down on a world without light, with new forms of travel, yet he is trapped inside his dark cage, awaiting resurrection.

It will come, but “not possible” will cross the lips of most who see it. Those who are astonished by him, will perish...

So he is the Mummy or are you thinking stargate there buddy? Anubis was pretty much a dick.

Edited by Uncle Sam

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

No, Starfleet was inter-galactic.  But it had local beginnings.  As we reach a Type I civilization within the next 200 years, unlimited energy will alleviate other limited resources allowing enemies to ally in meaningful ways.

I think he means, Starfleet was composed of all the nations of the earth in a sort of big utopian planet-wide society. The Enterprise was called USS but it didn't mean United States Ship, it meant United Space Ship. 

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We don't want Meals on Wheels or we would have it.  

...the only way to fund Meals on Wheels is to change the name to Meals on Rockets and tell Congress that the Russians and Chinese have their own programs. 

• Haha 2