Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are black holes actually colliding wormholes?

UM-Bot

Huh. Interesting.
Looking forward to new findings...

I wonder if the singularity at the heart of a black hole is, rather than just a point of infinite mass occupying an infinitely small space is actually an inversion point.
As the gravitational effect of the black hole increases the closer that matter gets to the singurlarity it is eventually destroyed until it becomes pure energy. Mathmatecally the singurlarity represents a zero point which mathematics doesn't like. however rather than a zero point perhaps it is an inversion point bridging the greater universe and the quantum universe. After all, all of the quantum particles that spring in and out of existence must come from somewhere!

• Like 1

Where is Stephen Hawking when you need him? (RIP)

• Like 1

Selected quotes from the linked article (my emphasis added):

• they could produce
  • a new paper suggests
  • some physicists have suggested that event horizons don't exist
  • black holes actually could be a host of speculative black-hole-like objects
  • physicists hypothesized that if two wormholes collided
  • like all wormholes, they're highly speculative

In other words - let's not get too excited by this report.  The 'wormholes' physicists talk about are nothing like the intergalactic gateways of science fiction where we can zip around the Universe effortlessly.  Please read the original article at https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/JHEP12(2017)151 before replying.  XxX

• Like 1

This almost sounds like scientists want to worry about black holes than the 3 asteroids that no one detected recently that came fairly close to the Earth.  I know which one I'd worry about more, first.

On 6/20/2018 at 3:42 PM, paperdyer said:

This almost sounds like scientists want to worry about black holes than the 3 asteroids that no one detected recently that came fairly close to the Earth.  I know which one I'd worry about more, first.

I'm guessing we have enough scientists in the world that 'they' can do both at the same time by splitting up tasks among themselves. There are some very smart people thinking about the asteroid problem but they could use a bit more funding and equipment.

1 hour ago, Calibeliever said:

I'm guessing we have enough scientists in the world that 'they' can do both at the same time by splitting up tasks among themselves. There are some very smart people thinking about the asteroid problem but they could use a bit more funding and equipment.

We'll just put the new Space Force in orbit to guard our borders, eh I mean planet.

• Like 1