Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reading request

Complex14

Hello I am 45 years old with 3 children and have my bachelors degree. I have been seeking employment since January and have had terrible luck. A couple of places made offers and then for strange reasons the deals fell through. I am struggling so much financially. It’s almost as if something is blocking me.

I feel every since 2018 came I have a dark cloud over my head. I feel stuck as if I can’t move forward. Lastly, my gold chain and cross that I have had for years and never take off seems to have disappeared. I only noticed in the shower. Not sure if this is a sign I have been abandoned ? I’m just very lost and confused and wondering why I am having such a bad year and what can I do to turn it around. How can I chnage my luck? I really need a job.

thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Complex14

• ivetorres

Hello @Complex14

I understand your frustration and lack of hope.   You stated that you have been offered employment and for some strange reason the deals fell through.  Are you negotiating wages, schedule, benefits?    If you get the interviews, then it means that you have good potential, skill set and experience, so I'm wondering what are you negotiating once the offer is presented.  

Not sure what your beliefs or religion could be, but please remove that negative thinking of "a dark cloud over my head". 

Thank you so much for replying. No it isn’t anything to do with me asking for benefits or more money. At this point I will take whatever I can get and be happy I have a job. 

Its just been weird things like I was contracted by an agency to work for a specific company and I had a start date was super excited . suddenly the Friday before the agency emailed a group of us and said “the company” did not need anymore people and we wouldn’t be starting blah blah blah some weird contract mess amongst them. 

The other two incidents it was something similar and weird and too long to write. 

I understand what u r saying about try not to be negative. It’s difficult when your car is about to be repossessed which I guess is fine since I haven’t been able to pay car insurance either .  my world has suddenly been turned upside down.  It’s just been a snowball effect since 2018 started....

Thankfully i have been able to go to local churches and they have food pantries twice a month otherwise I wouldn’t even be able to put food on the table. 

My elderly father is helping with light and water bill.

I am very thankful for what I do have. I truly am. 

i have never struggled so much in my life. I know see and understand how and why some people end up homeless. 

I just a need a job I just want a job any job I will do anything even if it’s minimum wage....

thanks for letting me vent guys :)

3 minutes ago, Complex14 said:

I understand what u r saying about try not to be negative. It’s difficult when your car is about to be repossessed which I guess is fine since I haven’t been able to pay car insurance either .  my world has suddenly been turned upside down.  It’s just been a snowball effect since 2018 started.

Hello, 

I'm sending you a private message...I was in a similar situation years ago.  

I just wanted to say thank you to all of those that private messaged me with all your advice and to let you know I just signed an offer letter and begin work July 9th! :)

Sometimes we don’t know why bad things happen or why we go through certain hardships. I believe everything is a lesson. I will treasure this job and take care of it like never before. I will never take employment for granted again.