Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The United States Will Not Be A Migrant Camp

ellapenella

The United States will not be a migrant camp, and it will not be a refugee holding facility. Won't be. You look at what's happening in Europe, you look at what's happening in other places; we can't allow that to happen to the United States. Not on my watch."

We want safety and we want security for our country. If the Democrats would sit down, instead of obstructing, we could have something done very quickly. Good for the children. Good for the country. Good for the world."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/06/18/president_trump_the_united_states_will_not_be_a_migrant_camp.html

• Like 2

from the link. 

If I might, I -- I just wanted to make a brief statement on immigration and what's happening. And I'll say it very honestly, and I'll say it very straight: Immigration is the fault, and all of the problems that we're having, because we cannot get them to sign legislation. We cannot get them even to the negotiating table. And I say it's very strongly the Democrats' fault. They're obstruction -- they're really obstructionist, and they are obstructing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

The United States will not be a migrant camp,

It's been that since Jamestown was settled......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Hi Piney, hope all is pretty well today for you.

I don't understand what do you mean? Jamestown who? I would have to look that up.

eta

So are you wanting to make an argument against or for  the first settlers in comparison for what is happening today? We can not afford to pay for illegals any longer not only that but the human trafficking needs to end . A wall will end all of this. We are a nation of immigrants and we do accept immigration but it has to be legal immigration. 

eta

you yourself posted a topic thread of how horrible ms13 are . We don't know who is entering when they enter illegal. 

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Confused 1

I get why he states that it's strongly the democrats fault. I don't take that statement  as if he's not also aware of the obstruction that the rinos neocons calling themselves conservatives are also doing.  I don't even recognize either party as what I thought they once stood for. It's like so many are fake and the good ones, well they can always work together but the bad ones are preventing it from ever happening. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

We are not a migrant camp we are a Nation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So are you wanting to make an argument against or for  the first settlers as what is happening today? We can not afford to pay for illegals any longer not only that but the human trafficking needs to end . A wall will end all of this. We are a nation of immigrants and we do accept immigration but it has to be legal immigration. 

Just feeling greasy this morning.

A wall won't help. Since the gangs run the pipeline a aggressive stance will accomplish more. Walls, like locks are only for honest people. I say as soon as we positively identify a smugger and gang member they are shot on the spot.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

We are not a migrant camp we are a Nation. 

A nation built by immigrants.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Just feeling greasy this morning.

A wall won't help. Since the gangs run the pipeline a aggressive stance will accomplish more. Walls, like locks are only for honest people. I say as soon as we positively identify a smugger and gang member they are shot on the spot.

I agree.  The wall is a stupid waste of resources.  The flow of illegals has always, always been tied to a perception of work and other benefits if one can make it to the North.  Start fining businesses so much for working illegals like slaves that it no longer is profitable.  Additionally, get serious about vote fraud where non-citizens are concerned.  Those two steps would end the mass flow of illegals, cold.  It will never happen because too much money is made on their backs and politicians are vote whores.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

A nation built by immigrants.

Absolutely.  They came and continue to come from all over the world and they are the reason America has been a step ahead of everyone else for many decades.  The best, brightest and most eager to succeed were the ones who came in the past and who still trickle in today.  The problem is with the insane idea that we have no need of any controls on who comes, when they come, or whether they even want to be American.  I saw a new Camaro roll through town the other day with a very fancy, almost Baroque paint job that had in bold script:  LOS ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS.  Arrogant prick seems to represent the NEW mindset about what it means to come north.  I doubt he ever read much about what happened to the glory of Rome once the Vandals and Goths got through pillaging.  His grandchildren will figure it out.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

A wall won't help. 

You know, I respect that we all share our opinions on things. I see it differently. Walls do work. All throughout history walls kept Nations safe from being invaded.

Since the gangs run the pipeline a aggressive stance will accomplish more. 

Certainly an aggressive stance along with a wall will strategically  accomplish much.

Walls, like locks are only for honest people.

My home consists of walls and my doors and windows have locks too.  Honest people  need to enter in legally. 

eta

I say as soon as we positively identify a smugger and gang member they are shot on the spot.

We need a wall  to help us in this area. We childproof things but we still need to be observant, same as with the wall it will help so much but it needs to be guarded.

Edited by Ellapennella

16 minutes ago, and then said:

Absolutely.  They came and continue to come from all over the world and they are the reason America has been a step ahead of everyone else for many decades.  

Chain migration and  lottery migration  was never a good factor for our Nation We just can't afford to keep on that path. I'm supportive in a merit based immigration system. 

ETA

America has been used more so than anyone else for decades.

ETA

The best, brightest and most eager to succeed were the ones who came in the past and who still trickle in today.  The problem is with the insane idea that we have no need of any controls on who comes, when they come, or whether they even want to be American. 

I think it's evident that the idea is from individuals who are profiting politically and selling America out until it becomes unrecognizable. Don't know where they wish to progress from there but the outcome wouldn't be very good for anyone except of course for  corrupt  politicians thugs and criminals maybe. 

Edited by Ellapennella

39 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Yup. And?

If you have to ask...

Anyway, the immigration crisis is already being discussed in great detail in another thread. I don't see the point of an offshoot, so will not post anything further.

Soros-Funded Group Launches App to Help Illegal Aliens Avoid Feds

An open borders group that has benefitted from U.S. taxpayer dollars and is funded by leftwing billionaire George Soros launched a smartphone application to help illegal immigrants avoid federal authorities. The app, Notifica (Notify), is described in a Laredo, Texas news article as a tool to protect immigrants living in the U.S. illegally by utilizing high tech and online social communications. With the click of a button, illegal aliens can alert family, friends and attorneys of encounters with federal authorities. “Immigration agents knocking at the door?” the news story asks. “Now, there’s an app for that, too.”

https://theremembranceproject.org/soros-funded-group-launches-app-to-help-illegal-aliens-avoid-feds/

Yes, we are a nation of immigrants.  But that is such a vague term.  For us, that means to renounce the old allegiances.  The one that immigrates here is no longer a person of the old nation and as long as they become fiercely loyal to America, I really don’t care what their heritage or beliefs are.  Only that we share the concept of America first.  By definition, Illegals renege on that promise.  Illegals may be here for a better life but they are not willing to sacrifice what is required for this country.  They may endanger the lives of their family and themselves to get here but that counts very little to the duty to this country.  I present three quotes from Washington that further define what this requirement is.  Pay close attention to the bolded parts of the quotes.

In his December 02, 1783 “Address to the Members of the Volunteer Association and Other Inhabitants”, he states: “The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respectable Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations And Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges, if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment. 

Then in a letter “From George Washington to Tench Tilghman, 24 March 1784”, he says: “I would not confine you to Palatines. If they are good workmen, they may be of Assia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mahometans, Jews, or Christian of any Sect—or they may be Athiests—I woud however prefer middle aged, to young men. and those who have good countenances & good characters on ship board, to others who have neither of these to recommend them—altho, after all, the proof of the pudding must be in the eating.”. 

And Finally, in an August 21, 1790 “Letter to the Hebrew Congregation at Newport”, he says: “ The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

This is the framework of Citizenship.  Again, illegals violate this premise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

If you have to ask...

Anyway, the immigration crisis is already being discussed in great detail in another thread. I don't see the point of an offshoot, so will not post anything further.

The issue on the other thread is not this issue. That's focused on something other. 

Walls do work.  They don’t have to all be high ramparts.  They are only as strong as the will power of those behind them.

• Like 2

What an absolute joke this entire thread is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What an absolute joke this entire thread is.

It's actually educational. No one is fighting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Walls do work.  They don’t have to all be high ramparts.  They are only as strong as the will power of those behind them.

Have you ever heard of the game called GO? It's a great game one of my favorite game ever.It's about building walls & territory. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You know, I respect that we all share our opinions on things. I see it differently. Walls do work. All throughout history walls kept Nations safe from being invaded.

It didn't work to well against the Gokturks and Gengis and that was a big one.

We have to start locking up welfare profiteers too and fining the crap out of businesses. Make it unfriendly for illegals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Have you ever heard of the game called GO? It's a great game one of my favorite game ever.It's about building walls & territory. 

I use to play it a long time ago.  But it's a good teaching tool on walls and territory.  We'd use to get into teams of two and play Chinese Chess and go simultaneously.  The purpose was to get the adrenaline going with distraction between a fast-pace strategy and one more deliberate.  The goal was to win in go before chess.  Those were the days when my brain actually worked :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, we are a nation of immigrants.  But that is such a vague term. 

I feel that way too, it's become something less meaningful but the meaning of it is in our hearts . I think it's because our kindness has been abused from both other countries and bad leaders here in our own.

For us, that means to renounce the old allegiances.  The one that immigrates here is no longer a person of the old nation and as long as they become fiercely loyal to America, 

This is something that is often hard to speak about because it's the truth so it's fought back with false accusations against the individuals who see it for what it is. 

I really don’t care what their heritage or beliefs are.  By definition, Illegals renege on that promise

True & true on both. Now some would argues that is not true that they are trying to so hard to get here because they love America that they just want to be American so badly.

Illegals may be here for a better life but they are not willing to sacrifice what is required for this country.  They may endanger the lives of their family and themselves to get here but that counts very little to the duty to this country. 

Actually human trafficking  drug trafficking gang trafficking  and slave laboring are  serious issue going on. We need to secure a wall to better enforce our border security to prevent a lot of things from continuing  ..

This is so educational. 

This is the framework of Citizenship.  Again, illegals violate this premise.

In his December 02, 1783 “Address to the Members of the Volunteer Association and Other Inhabitants”, he states: “The bosom of America is open to receive not only the Opulent and respectable Stranger, but the oppressed and persecuted of all Nations And Religions; whom we shall welcome to a participation of all our rights and privileges, if by decency and propriety of conduct they appear to merit the enjoyment. 

Then in a letter “From George Washington to Tench Tilghman, 24 March 1784”, he says: “I would not confine you to Palatines. If they are good workmen, they may be of Assia, Africa, or Europe. They may be Mahometans, Jews, or Christian of any Sect—or they may be Athiests—I woud however prefer middle aged, to young men. and those who have good countenances & good characters on ship board, to others who have neither of these to recommend them—altho, after all, the proof of the pudding must be in the eating.”. 

And Finally, in an August 21, 1790 “Letter to the Hebrew Congregation at Newport”, he says: “ The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy — a policy worthy of imitation. All possess alike liberty of conscience and immunities of citizenship.   It is now no more that toleration is spoken of as if it were the indulgence of one class of people that another enjoyed the exercise of their inherent natural rights, for, happily, the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

It didn't work to well against the Gokturks and Gengis and that was a big one.

The wall failed when the will of the people failed.  A wall is a positive modifier for the defender only if the wall is maintained.

We have to start locking up welfare profiteers too and fining the crap out of businesses. Make it unfriendly for illegals. 

That would be part of the wall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked