Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs: Are they friend or foe ?

UM-Bot

I'd be sorely tempted, though........

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, preacherman76 said:

To me, if, and that's a big if, if any of the abduction stories are true, then they are an enemy.

On 6/19/2018 at 12:35 PM, acute said:

Abductees/contactees report very different temperaments from one type of alien to another.

My theory is that the good ones are more advanced, and may be deterring the bad ones from attacking the Earth or intervening negatively.

I'm fascinated by the similarities between alien and fairy abduction stories.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I'm fascinated by the similarities between alien and fairy abduction stories.

Really? I've never heard of fairies being abducted.

:whistle:

UFOs were being reported on a daily basis for 75 years (since WW2), I wonder if the aliens want to make themselves known or they want to remain stealthy to keep a low profile. We would know by now if the aliens are our friends or foes or just visiting, they are studying us to a point they know more about humanity than we know about them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Like any living things, you most likely have aliens who are friendly and those who aren't so friendly.  There could be many groups of aliens or they may be one or two groups.  Who really knows. Some people say they exist, others don't believe that they exist.  I tend to believe that they do exist.  I don't fear the ones who are friendly or are here to help.  My fear would be those who came to do harm. 

Seems like many of the aliens are curious about life on earth and maybe want to help  people on earth but it seems like they don't want their presence known. People who have memory of being abducted in bits and pieces but it's very vivid at times.  The reaction of most people  on earth in coming in contact with an alien would be terror, fear or trying to get away.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 7:53 PM, baronesslucy said:

Seems like many of the aliens are curious about life on earth and maybe want to help  people on earth but it seems like they don't want their presence known.

Seems odd that they would have their lights on then.

• Thanks 2

On 8/13/2018 at 10:01 PM, Myles said:

Seems odd that they would have their lights on then.

The illumination aspect could be an aspect of their weightless propulsion system where light is captured and then intensified.

3 hours ago, Mark One said:

The illumination aspect could be an aspect of their weightless propulsion system where light is captured and then intensified.

Mmm.  Could also be invisible unicorns.  I have more evidence for that, than I bet you have for what you just threw into the fan...

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Mmm.  Could also be invisible unicorns.  I have more evidence for that, than I bet you have for what you just threw into the fan...

Well, we all have our views to share and if its unicorns that solve the mystery for you, I can only respect that.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:06 PM, Mark One said:

Well, we all have our views to share and if its unicorns that solve the mystery for you, I can only respect that.

Thing is .. I didn't feel the need, nor usefulness, of suggesting an unsupported and illogical explanation for something, until you did.

Perhaps there's something in that for all of us..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 11:20 AM, preacherman76 said:

To me, if, and that's a big if, if any of the abduction stories are true, then they are an enemy.

I think at least some of the abduction stories are real experiences.

They're just sleep paralysis/hypnagogia type events. 

They could be thoughtforms brought on by fears, conscious or subconscious, that people experience in an altered state.

• Like 1

There is always the possibility that they are neither friend nor foe. They may simple be drones performing a functionary set of instructions over a period of time on a planet that supports life.

Its possible that the whole cover up story is to give the impression that governments actually know about them , have contact etc, while on the other hand they may have no clue as to their purpose, true identity or function whatsoever.

The former is a mystery, and everyone enjoys a mystery, while the later is the real scary one.

• 1 month later...

Whenever people have encountered UFO's, the space craft is always more advanced than what is known.  I remember someone whose husband was in the military during the Vietnam era telling me that some of the aircraft that people thought were UFO's were actually experimental aircraft or aircraft the military were testing out.  Silence or not saying anything was what they did or if people started asking about it would deny doing any military exercises.  Most of the UFO's could be Identified but the military chose not to. 

There have been some cases were the military couldn't ID the aircraft. UFO's seem attracted to areas where military bases and installations are.   

• 2 weeks later...

More likely is that the UFOs are military aircraft of some kind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When the French, British and Spanish invaded the Americas, what do you think the Indians said about them?

I'll bet the Indians didn't lump them all into one "alien" category.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

When the French, British and Spanish invaded the Americas, what do you think the Indians said about them?

I'll bet the Indians didn't lump them all into one "alien" category.

I'm sure they were curious.   Wanted to fight them off, but had much inferior weaponry. 

They should have fought much harder to not allow them on the land.  

My point, Myles, was that they were treated differently by the three. The French never slaughtered or enslaved them. They moved in the indigenous ones

• Like 1

I believe aliens are constantly visiting and/or monitoring the Earth but that they try to keep their presence and technology shielded from us to permit us to evolve naturally.  This is the idea put forth in the Zoo Hypothesis:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis

As for the colonial European analogy that often comes up in these discussions, I just want to point out that , while many of the colonial powers were indeed quite cruel and exploitative, the worst of the damage inflicted was often unintentional.  Though the Europeans were more advanced than most of the indigenous people they encountered, they knew very little about dangerous communicable diseases. 

There is a famous story of colonists in North America offering blankets to Native Americans as a goodwill gesture, for instance, not being aware the blankets would eventually decimate the tribe by spreading small pox. 

Many of the plants and animals brought to North America by European settlers interfered with the indigenous food chain, causing great harm.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of the damage inflicted by the Europeans was actually due to their ignorance, not their superiority.  The Europeans were not as far ahead of the natives as we like to believe.  Alien civilizations capable of interstellar travel would probably be so advanced that they would not allow such a multitude of fatal errors to occur.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sheltie said:

I believe aliens are constantly visiting and/or monitoring the Earth but that they try to keep their presence and technology shielded from us to permit us to evolve naturally.  This is the idea put forth in the Zoo Hypothesis:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_hypothesis

As for the colonial European analogy that often comes up in these discussions, I just want to point out that , while many of the colonial powers were indeed quite cruel and exploitative, the worst of the damage inflicted was often unintentional.  Though the Europeans were more advanced than most of the indigenous people they encountered, they knew very little about dangerous communicable diseases. 

There is a famous story of colonists in North America offering blankets to Native Americans as a goodwill gesture, for instance, not being aware the blankets would eventually decimate the tribe by spreading small pox. 

Many of the plants and animals brought to North America by European settlers interfered with the indigenous food chain, causing great harm.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that a lot of the damage inflicted by the Europeans was actually due to their ignorance, not their superiority.  The Europeans were not as far ahead of the natives as we like to believe.  Alien civilizations capable of interstellar travel would probably be so advanced that they would not allow such a multitude of fatal errors to occur.  

Good post, Sheltie.

May I add that I had heard that the blankets with small pox being given to the Indians was done so deliberately, with the knowledge that the blanket had the small pox.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:55 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Good post, Sheltie.

May I add that I had heard that the blankets with small pox being given to the Indians was done so deliberately, with the knowledge that the blanket had the small pox.

Interesting.  Until now I did not realize there were some cases where germ warfare was intentional on the part of settlers.  There were many different motives involved and obviously some could be said to be downright sinister.  

For what it's worth, I've always been under the impression the Europeans' attitude was more of indifference rather than malice.