Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Travel Warnings

susieice

Oh dear, now the Emperor Donald's campaign of ostracizing his European allies has expanded to trying to deter people from traveling to them, has it. I wonder what it says about Canada? :hmm: 

• Like 3

I can look. God, it sounds like Europe is on the verge of blowing up and not telling us.

You have to wonder about that "United Kingdom map". The only place actually named is Dublin, which isn't actually in the United Kingdom at all. :hmm: And the Netherlands seems to have been inundated by the North Sea :unsure: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So it's Exercise normal precautions in Canada then. Those normal precautions would include trying to pretend that you're not American currently, perhaps. :hmm: 

• Like 2

The clown´s revenge for whatever.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, susieice said:

I can look. God, it sounds like Europe is on the verge of blowing up and not telling us.

Sure, sure. Really seems that way here. 

But I'm sure the orangutan child knows better. Not just throwing a paddy, definitely not... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh dear, now the Emperor Donald's campaign of ostracizing his European allies has expanded to trying to deter people from traveling to them, has it. I wonder what it says about Canada? :hmm: 

When did he suddenly acquire real control over the Department of State?  Most of the main depts in our government - Defense is the one exception- seem to act like he isn't even a factor in their plans...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So it's Exercise normal precautions in Canada then. Those normal precautions would include trying to pretend that you're not American currently, perhaps. :hmm: 

If the folks in Europe don't want Americans there then I suspect we'll begin staying away in large numbers.  No harm, no foul.  Same goes for Canada and any other nation that doesn't want us.  I hear the Chinese like to do the tourist thing  :w00t:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

When did he suddenly acquire real control over the Department of State?  Most of the main depts in our government - Defense is the one exception- seem to act like he isn't even a factor in their plans...

Obama couldn't possibly know what every department was doing. Bush was and now Trump is behind every action any subordinate takes. All the way down to police officers on the street, silly. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

To be fair, we hit back.   According to the Foreign Office

Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in the USA. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and be vigilant at all times.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/terrorism

:D 

Fortunately, few British tourists to the USA attend school whilst there, so the risk of being shot is significantly reduced :P

• Haha 1

It's a non-story really. These advisories relating to UK, EU27 nations and USA are invariably issued prior to "Tourist Season" when larger numbers can be expected to congregate together at Historical and Cultural events. Wont stop me going to USA or Spain. These are just reminders to be vigilant. 

• Like 5

It's your standard CYA boilerplate put out by some flunkie. Those low-level warnings don't really signify anything.

• Like 3

Most of my family and friends live in Europe and they travel all over Europe for summer holidays and they seriously don't give a damn about any potential threats.
They just don't think much about it and they are honestly not afraid of it and it's not even on their minds. Same thing about immigrants and violence and abuse from immigrants in Europe we hear and read about. I ask my friends and family often about how bad the situation is with immigrants and hey tell me every time that it is very overrated and not bad at all.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Most of my family and friends live in Europe and they travel all over Europe for summer holidays and they seriously don't give a damn about any potential threats.
They just don't think much about it and they are honestly not afraid of it and it's not even on their minds. Same thing about immigrants and violence and abuse from immigrants in Europe we hear and read about. I ask my friends and family often about how bad the situation is with immigrants and hey tell me every time that it is very overrated and not bad at all.  

I admire them for not bending to the intentions of terrorists.  You realize that first-hand accounts of an anecdotal nature aren't exactly trustworthy as statistical proof, yeah?  No one is saying that you can't move around the continent without a kevlar vest.  The statistics prove there is a growing problem with terror-related violence all over Europe but especially in France, Germany and to a lesser extent the UK.  Islamic Fundamentalist random murder is a fact.  

1 hour ago, and then said:

I admire them for not bending to the intentions of terrorists.  You realize that first-hand accounts of an anecdotal nature aren't exactly trustworthy as statistical proof, yeah?  No one is saying that you can't move around the continent without a kevlar vest.  The statistics prove there is a growing problem with terror-related violence all over Europe but especially in France, Germany and to a lesser extent the UK.  Islamic Fundamentalist random murder is a fact.  

The risk of Islamic fundamentalist attacks is spread nearly all over the world and the affected countries are working on the issue. Of course, its not that simple to keep the balance, means, to continue to provide shelter to refugees who need shelter and to separate the bad apples. And again, I feel much safer here in Europe than I would feel as a tourist in the US in this day and age, especially in open-carry states because I dont want to see weapons in general because it make me feel uncomfortable. And as you mentioned statistics, the risk to get involved into an attack of gun violence is by factor x higher in the US than in Europe where nearly everyone can get weapons very easily and where are more weapons in private hands than in any other western country. And just to clarify, I judge mass shootings and attacks with guns as terroristic attacks, so there is a big problem currently in the US with domestic terrorism and with much much more fatalities than we have here in Europe, caused by fundamentalist attacks.

Ha ha ha the State Dept isn't at all a propaganda wing of the Government, is it. 

Russia - Level 3: Reconsider Travel
OET

Reconsider travel to Russia due to terrorism and harassment. Some areas have increased risk. Read the entire Travel Advisory.

Do not travel to:

• The north Caucasus, including Chechnya and Mount Elbrus, due to civil unrest and terrorism.
  • Crimea due to foreign occupation and abuses by occupying authorities.

:rofl:

Let's see, does it say "Do Not Travel to Palestine due to  foreign occupation and abuses by occupying authorities.?" 

Oh no,don't be silly, Palestine doesn't exist does it. It's Israel and always has been. 

Do not travel to:

• Gaza due to terrorism, civil unrest, and armed conflict.

Reconsider travel to:

• The West Bank due to terrorism, potentially violent civil unrest, and the potential for armed conflict.

Terrorist groups and lone-wolf terrorists continue plotting possible attacks in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, and local government facilities. Violence can occur in Jerusalem and the West Bank without warning

Note how it's not that's foreign occupation and abuses by occupying authorities that's responsible for the terrorism, civil unrest, and armed conflict., it's entirely those unreasonable hysterical fanatics who call themselves "Palestinians" (even though there';s no such place as Palestine and never has been). 

16 hours ago, and then said:

Thanks and I agree with the fact that unfortunately terrorism is on the rise in Europe. However, I also think that the far right is on the rise in Europe and that they try to paint a far more darker picture. And although I am afraid that 2018 will see an increase in terror as foreign Isil idiots return home I also think it is still pretty safe in Europe. For example you are more likely to get shot by a gun in the US than to be killed by terrorism in Europe. BTW, In regards to travel warnings, If I am not mistaken in 2016 some countries including France and the UK had a travel advisory for people travelling to the US. The concerns included mass shootings, police violence, anti-Muslim and anti-LGBT attitudes and the Zika virus. I am not making this up lol.

I think he's trying to push Americans to all that prime North Korean beachfront.

On 6/20/2018 at 1:28 AM, susieice said:

Those are general guidelines. I think every country has updated it. I am not sure though. Thanks for sharing.