Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A graduate student at Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego and colleagues from NOAA's Office of National Marine Sanctuaries have discovered the world's first known manta ray nursery.

Located in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Texas at NOAA's Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary, the juvenile manta ray habitat is the first of its kind to be described in a scientific study.

Known as the gentle giants of the sea, oceanic manta rays (Mobula birostris) are large, plankton-eating rays that live in the open ocean and can reach sizes of up to 7 meters (23 feet) in wingspan as adults.

https://phys.org/news/2018-06-world-manta-ray-nursery.html

• Like 2

I would love to see one of these but every time I go into the ocean I get hurt. Hit by a jelly fish, step on a sea urchin, step on a broken bottle circled by sharks and bit by a crab. I stick to rivers and streams now so I can't wait to slip and fall on a rock. 

Beautiful fish though ! 

• Haha 3

You are an accident waiting to happen. :lol:

I've been scuba diving most of my adult like and I scraped my knee on coral once. We did need to get out of the water and move to another spot because I was bleeding and there were sharks around though.

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

You are an accident waiting to happen. :lol:

Happens all the time. 11 broken bones so far, Going for 12 lol Oh and 6 concussions. Don't ask most are embarrassing :( 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Happens all the time. 11 broken bones so far, Going for 12 lol Oh and 6 concussions. Don't ask most are embarrassing :( 

Poor baby....do they mostly start with " Hold my beer and watch this"?  :P

I'm teasing...;)

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Poor baby....do they mostly start with " Hold my beer and watch this"?  :P

I'm teasing...;)

LOL I like teasing so I give you this. 

make fun always

Edited by The Silver Thong
why not
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

LOL I like teasing so I give you this. 

make fun always

How funny!!! :lol:

Most of it looks strangely familiar. I can't imagine why. It seems like we are cut from the same cloth. :w00t:

• Like 2

We are cut from same cloth from years ago just not under the same cloth hehehe . As far the post goes I think it's awesome.  Steve Irwin comes to mind.  I picked up a baby skunk once and it bit me.  I didn't say anything me dad would call me stupid and he would have been right.  I have never dived just snorkel and touch nothing. . 

• Haha 2