Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

King Arthur’s Castle?

LucidElement

Here is something you don’t see capture front pages of news articles very often . This was definitely something I wanted to share and see your thoughts. I was a history major but never studied to much in depth regarding the Arthurian period.

———————————————————————————

"A mysterious inscription from the seventh century has been discovered in the ruins of an English castle associated with the legend of King Arthur.

The inscription, which combines Latin writing, Greek letters and Christian symbols, was found on a 2-foot stone at Tintagel Castle, on the coast of Cornwall. Experts believe that the strange mixture of text and symbols may indicate that someone was practicing writing a text.

Experts from the Cornwall Archaeological Unit (CAU), supported by English Heritage, which manages the site, made the discovery last summer."

Link: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/18/king-arthur-castle-discovery-mysterious-inscription-intrigues-experts.html

———————————————————————————-

• Like 2

Apart from its rarity this is a fairly mundane discovery with absolutely no connection to the 'Arthurian period'. 

I rather think that good old Monmouth Geoff had overdosed on mouldy bread before writing his Historia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

Erm...pretty sure there was no "Arthurian period", it's a story/Legend. Like Robin Hood.

My Gram Jowett use it call it "King Mark's Castle".  But she was probably being humorous. 

Sorry but this has been posted already.

It's here:

• Like 1

• The topic was locked